Hiking Trip (Melon Ballers and Crystal Ballers Cabins)

Ari´s hike into the heat of Sedona, Arizona !

IMG_9282.jpeg

hello ! yep, im hiking in the desert.
when me and my family visited arizona, we did tons of hiking trips, so of course this location came to mind for this event !

my clothing:
bucket hat - its very hot, and my eyes are usually extremely sensitive to the sun
shirt and shorts - something i can easily move in, and to withstand the heat
hiking boots - i usually buy some every year for these types of excursions. they´ve got good grip for all of the rocky terrain in Sedona

bandages - i just know ill injure myself some how ... probably tumbled, got stung, or just my sensitive skin

my items:
gallon of water - probably going to be difficult to carry around, but i´ll have multiple people on my team to share the nice, refreshing water we´ll need so badly
boba coffee - im very sleepy. all the time. no matter what. i have to be energized for this one !
apple - to feed whatever friendly wildlife i meet ! there are tons of deer in Sedona, maybe ill befriend them ?
lunch box - lunch ! break !

hiking stick - Sedona´s hiking trails are filled with rocky terrain, ups and downs; ill need some extra support

i do recommend looking up the location my entry is based on, and visiting if your close by and have the opportunity. its a beautiful place, with beautiful terrain. the small town is incredibly friendly, and has very unique people waiting for you to meet !

We’re currently having a heat wave so on my hike I wanted to go somewhere cold!
Way to the North (easy to find in Canada) I found icebergs and snowy fields and I’ma goin’ to hike in and camp!!
I’ll be in frigid heaven!
In my extra large red backpack I have my Kids tent, a campfire with cookware, a folding chair (my old bones don’t do stitting on icy ground anymore) my super warm, down insulated, mummy style sleeping bag, and my trusty lantern (who's light will pale in comparison to the magnificent starry skies)
I may return home with chilblains on top of blisters, but it will be SO worth it!

I’m dressed for warmth and style: (always gotta have style!)
Red extra large backpack
Red snowy knit cap
Pilot shades
Parka undercoat
Acid washed jeans
Nordic socks

Lace up boots

D24D638A-F8FC-4177-8C68-CFEE5E46648F.jpeg

BA9BB612-6D4F-4365-940F-64EF0F001C4F.jpeg

We’re currently having a heat wave so on my hike I wanted to go somewhere cold!
Way to the North (easy to find in Canada) I found icebergs and snowy fields and I’ma goin’ to hike in and camp!!
I’ll be in frigid heaven!
In my extra large red backpack I have my Kids tent, a campfire with cookware, a folding chair (my old bones don’t do stitting on icy ground anymore) my super warm, down insulated, mummy style sleeping bag, and my trusty lantern (who's light will pale in comparison to the magnificent starry skies)
I may return home with chilblains on top of blisters, but it will be SO worth it!

I’m dressed for warmth and style: (always gotta have style!)
Red extra large backpack
Red snowy knit cap
Pilot shades
Parka undercoat
Acid washed jeans
Nordic socks

Lace up boots

View attachment 390771

View attachment 390772

It's hard to imagine there are still snow and icebergs in Canada with that heat.

Ari´s hike into the heat of Sedona, Arizona !

View attachment 390613

hello ! yep, im hiking in the desert.
when me and my family visited arizona, we did tons of hiking trips, so of course this location came to mind for this event !

my clothing:
bucket hat - its very hot, and my eyes are usually extremely sensitive to the sun
shirt and shorts - something i can easily move in, and to withstand the heat
hiking boots - i usually buy some every year for these types of excursions. they´ve got good grip for all of the rocky terrain in Sedona

bandages - i just know ill injure myself some how ... probably tumbled, got stung, or just my sensitive skin

my items:
gallon of water - probably going to be difficult to carry around, but i´ll have multiple people on my team to share the nice, refreshing water we´ll need so badly
boba coffee - im very sleepy. all the time. no matter what. i have to be energized for this one !
apple - to feed whatever friendly wildlife i meet ! there are tons of deer in Sedona, maybe ill befriend them ?
lunch box - lunch ! break !

hiking stick - Sedona´s hiking trails are filled with rocky terrain, ups and downs; ill need some extra support

i do recommend looking up the location my entry is based on, and visiting if your close by and have the opportunity. its a beautiful place, with beautiful terrain. the small town is incredibly friendly, and has very unique people waiting for you to meet !

Oh, the idea is very original, haven't seen it before (I think)! :D

My entry! I am trying to tell a little story. Sorry if it's not good - english is not my first language!
The picture should show a raft in the middle of a lake :)

You have your best life on your island. Chilling with friends and taking walkings around the neighbourhood but something is missing and you wonder what. You are walking to the sea of your island and your gaze is cought on the fishes in the pond. Now you get it! You need an adventure. You decide to go camping and taking a break from the boring everyday life.

So what do we need... you want to go fishing so the rod is a must! You also love music so you are taking the radio with you. ou know that fishing is best when it's still dark so you also need some light. A lifeguardring is also important in case you go overboard and what could be better than some ice cream to cool down?

You can't wait for tomorrow when your trip is finally starting!

Outfit: My island rep is wearing some shorts and a plain white shirt to face the heat. The hat id also important because I easily get a headache from the sun. In the backpack are important things like water and food. The shoes are good for hiking and a lot of walking - so all in all ready to fish.
2021081214312600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Last edited:
neo's ultimate BUG DEFENSE FORT
E8l1ggOVgAAjZws.jpg

as someone who is horribly afraid of bugs, camping can be pretty scary! but no worries... I PLANNED AHEAD FOR THIS!
for my outfit, i tried to cover as much skin as possible. the mosquitoes can't get me if they don't have anywhere to feed! MUAHAHAHA. it's also just good to have a rain coat in case of rain. and for the items...

the net seemed like an obvious choice, it's a long pole that can both catch bugs and swat them away from me! i read online that fragrance diffusers can be used to keep bugs away, i'm not sure how effective it'd be outdoors... but i'll take anything to feel more secure! D:> and if i stay by the fan all day the bugs won't be able to fly at me because they'll be blown away by the force of my all-powerful fan. the spotlight will come in handy at night because all those light-attracted bugs will fly to the spotlight instead of coming near ME!!! finally, and possibly most importantly, i am bringing my bear for moral support.

96YXoo8.jpg

My entry is more of a few-hour hiking trip than camping.

Outfit: A raglan shirt (in my university's colors) and comfy sweatpants. These cover my arms and legs and help prevent bug bites/ticks. A baseball cap and round shades (also sporting my university's colors) protect from the sun's rays. A DAL backpack to carry all of my items and cute sneakers perfect for walking complete the look.

Items: An apple for snacking during the hike, coconut water (very hydrating), a book on all of the plants and wildlife I might come across, a painting set to paint the view at the top of the mountain, and a picnic basket for lunch.

7364B324-5907-46C1-853F-6A3D6FFD4941.jpeg

Here is Usagi (aka Sailor Moon) ready for her camping trip in the mountains.

Her outfit consists of a Camp Bell Tree shirt (designed by me) in her cabin colour. As well as long pants and boots are they are the proper clothing for hiking in the mountains. She also has a backpack on to help carry some of her items.

Here are the items she has brought for her hiking trip:

• A lucky cat her pal Luna who is always alongside Usagi as her personal adviser.
  • Star Wand as she can never know when a villain may appear and she requires it to transform into Sailor Moon at a moment’s notice (Sailor Moon usually uses a brooch, but ACNH Sailor Moon requires a Star Wand to transform).
  • A picnic basket for all her snacks. If you know anything about Usagi you’ll know that she loves her food.
  • Manga to read when she takes breaks on her hike (she’s not much of a reader, but she sure does love her manga!)
  • Finally a telescope so once the sun sets she can use it to gaze at her original home the Moon Kingdom located on none other than the Moon itself.

AD102360-BEA6-4E4F-902F-1B59EE72167F.jpeg

shes wearing a hat to protect her from the sun, a jacket since so she doesnt get cold, along with good hiking boots. she brought a fishing rod to fish with, a water cooler if shes thirsty, a picnic basket if she gets hungry, lantern for light if it gets dark, and a radio for some music.

As a professional scout camper I would bring normal camping gear like a tent, chair, picnic set, cot, and a switch so I don’t die of boredom and I tried to include a bunch of color cause it looks cuter with more color. Now my outfit: I went for a casual camping vibe when you just sit down and enjoy nature with boots because you might step in mud, cargo pants to carry essential stuff (and 5000000 tissues), the shirt is a casual shirt with a shirt around it cause it looks nice, and a hat because it’s hot and you wanna protect your head.
525CC0A7-CB4E-4FBE-B943-9FE4BF5A07EB.jpeg

Last edited:
16288202088914741637979336307106.jpg

Every year, my friends and I try to do at least one camping trip and most of the time we portage into the campsite!
(For those of you who don't know, portaging is when you carry your boat between land and you canoe into your site )
Because we portage, I will bring some rope (pictured as the clothesline) that I wrap around a tree to hang all of our wet clothes and shoes on

Usually our camping trips are 3 days long and we bring enough food in the cooler to last us the whole trip.

In addition to a cooler, we will bring a bear barrel (pictured as the handy water cooler. This is a real life photo of one if anyone is interested) for all of our dried food. At the end of every night we will go deep in the forest far away from the campsite and hang the barrel in the air so bears don't go near our supply.

During our trip, a few of us would bring our portable stove to boil water and warm up food (if necessary). Sometimes getting a fire started is difficult especially if it rained the day before.

And of course, we would bring our tents to sleep in and have a roof above our heads!

As for the outfit, I try to go during the fall as there are less bugs and the weather is cooler. Starting on my trip, I would wear a pack able down jacket and some comfortable sweatpants with tights underneath. It's gets quite cold at night!
On the canoe, I wear polarized sunglasses to avoid the reflected water and a cap to protect my hair (I got bleached blonde hair. Gotta protect it!!) Hiking boots are essential as carrying the canoe in addition to all your gear/backpack across land can be dangerous!

And that's it!
Thank you!!

As a professional scout camper I would bring normal camping gear like a tent, chair, picnic set, cot, and a switch so I don’t die of boredom and I tried to include a bunch of color cause it looks cuter with more colorView attachment 391040

Please write a little about your outfit! You can edit it into this post and I can accept it. Thanks!

233600461_10219600685222826_6081519124760170826_n.jpg

Why go camping when there is glamping :D

The outfit:
Got my collarless coat, white pants and moccasin boots to keep my warm at night when it get's chilly but also so that I can still look chic and glam in my photos ;)

The items:
A tent is definitely necessity on any camping trip! And what's glamping without some mood lighting created with the tea candles and garland that I've brought. I also brought my record player to play my favorite tunes while having a fancy dinner with my cutlery set!

event.png

My camping trip is about exploring a forest and fishing in the secret lakes scattered around. My outfit is centered around comfort and convenience for a fishing adventure. A fishing vest to help keep supplies, and a sports cap to ward the sun off. Work boots to help traverse the forest and lake areas. Denim pants mostly for comfort, and of course an outdoor backpack to help carry other supplies and snacks. Without my glasses, I'd be blind as a bat as well!

My camping gear consists of a kid's tent with a sleeping back to help sleep comfortably under the stars. A fishing cooler to keep my catches, and beverages. Fishing rod stand to keep my prized rods off the forest floor. Of course one has to eat, and I brought a campfire cookware along so I can cook up my catches for dinner.

I am looking forward to the rest of my stay in this forest, and hoping to get some good catches... and maybe some extra rare fish. I wish there was an option to bring a metal detector along as well, in order to have a chance at some other treasures. :)

E8pt5SVUcAAKtFn

Outfit:
-a hat to keep the sun out of my eyes
-glasses because I am blind without them
-a warm jacket or hoodie because it can get quite cold here even in the summer.
-a pair of sweat pants because they’re comfortable and help keep the mosquitoes away
-a nice pair of sneakers because we usually like to go on some hikes while camping

What I will bring:
-a tent because we need somewhere to sleep!
-a fishing rod because my family loves to go fishing
-a foldable chair I can sit on when I want to rest and while waiting for fishes to bite
-a picnic blanket for when I’m eating
-a book for when I want to relax and enjoy the nature

737A2AD2-C7E1-459B-B1D9-3CAEDB70DFA5.jpeg

I’m going backpacking so it’s nice to finally rest after a long day of hiking! As I am backpacking in the mountains, it is a bit chillier than the current summer weather.
Outfit:
A beanie to keep my head warm, a rain jacket just in case it starts to rain, hiking pants, hiking boots, and a big backpack to carry all my stuff. Of course, glasses because I need to see :p and my hair in a ponytail for easy management!

Items:
A lightweight tent & sleeping bag to keep me dry & comfy in the wild, a small camping stove so I can boil water for my dehydrated food, a hatchet to chop wood to build a fire, and a book to wind down right before going to sleep 😌

If I'm going to be out in the wilderness, I want to take in some interesting sights. That said, I never could have anticipated the interesting things I would come across in the Mountains of Camp Bell Tree.

I wandered for quite some time before coming across some particularly large mushrooms, some of which were even taller than me! As they made for quite a scene, I decided to set up camp. Since I had wandered for so long and the sun was going down, I turned on my camp stove and built a campfire to sit beside to keep me warm. While my meal cooked, I sat by the campfire and read a bit of one of the books I brought along. However, just as my dinner was just about finished cooking inside my Camp Stove, I heard a loud rumbling. Looking around for the source of the noise, I was astonished to see that a dinosaur was approaching my campsite! The scent of the food must have carried on the wind and caught the attention of this triceratops!

Caught off-guard by this unexpected visitor, I warily made my way toward my camp stove. The triceratops kept its gaze upon me. I turned off the camp stove, then dug around in my extra large backpack for a paper plate. I poured the contents of my camp stove onto the plate and slowly approached the triceratops. I placed the plate down in front of it and slowly backed away toward the fire. The triceratops turned its gaze down toward the offering I had given, sniffed it, and proceeded to ravenously consume it. Triceratops enjoy beans apparently, who would have guessed? After its meal, the triceratops let out a soft roar of what I can only assume to be gratitude before ambling back into the forest.

It's a good thing I packed plenty of other food in my cooler box or I might have been a bit upset. Instead, I was just happy to have had such a unique experience. During just the first week of my stay at camp, no less! Plenty of other lifelong memories would be formed at Camp Bell Tree, but those are stories for another day...

fg5PAy1.png

Since I was going out into a wooded area in the great outdoors, I wanted to cover up with long sleeves and pants to protect myself from mosquitoes, ticks and the like, so I put on a Vest with Binoculars and some Chino Pants. I wore a Labelle Cap and Rounded Shades to keep the sun out of my eyes and rounded out the outfit with a pair of comfy Labelle Socks, some sturdy Trekking Shoes, and an Extra Large Backpack.
7724eDT.png

Aside from my Tent, I brought along a Cooler Box full of food and water, a Camp Stove to cook some dinners in, a Lantern so I can see at night, and a Stack of Books to read to keep myself occupied.

E8sATIEUUAQLIjB.jpg

For my camping trip, I decided to go explore some ancient ruins on the mountains! It sounded more exciting in theory though, now that I'm in here it's actually pretty scary.

I'm wearing basic exploring outfits, with an explorer's jacket and hat, boa shorts and trekking shoes. Also, I'm wearing my knitted-grass backpack, where I'm keeping all my stuff while exploring, including water and some rations.

As for my selected items for the trip, I brought a lantern, which is very important to light up the place so I can see where I'm going, and also light up surfaces where I can read ancient scripts. Additionally, I have my research notes (homework set) where I'm recording my findings, some old books about archeology (stack of books) that I borrowed from the library that I'm referencing as I go, a map of the ruins (pirate rug) that I'm supposed to follow, and last but not least, my puppy plushie (Mom's plushie) to keep me company and help me calm down in such a scary adventure :)

If I'm going to be out in the wilderness, I want to take in some interesting sights. That said, I never could have anticipated the interesting things I would come across in the Mountains of Camp Bell Tree.

I wandered for quite some time before coming across some particularly large mushrooms, some of which were even taller than me! As they made for quite a scene, I decided to set up camp. Since I had wandered for so long and the sun was going down, I turned on my camp stove and built a campfire to sit beside to keep me warm. While my meal cooked, I sat by the campfire and read a bit of one of the books I brought along. However, just as my dinner was just about finished cooking inside my Camp Stove, I heard a loud rumbling. Looking around for the source of the noise, I was astonished to see that a dinosaur was approaching my campsite! The scent of the food must have carried on the wind and caught the attention of this triceratops!

Caught off-guard by this unexpected visitor, I warily made my way toward my camp stove. The triceratops kept its gaze upon me. I turned off the camp stove, then dug around in my extra large backpack for a paper plate. I poured the contents of my camp stove onto the plate and slowly approached the triceratops. I placed the plate down in front of it and slowly backed away toward the fire. The triceratops turned its gaze down toward the offering I had given, sniffed it, and proceeded to ravenously consume it. Triceratops enjoy beans apparently, who would have guessed? After its meal, the triceratops let out a soft roar of what I can only assume to be gratitude before ambling back into the forest.

It's a good thing I packed plenty of other food in my cooler box or I might have been a bit upset. Instead, I was just happy to have had such a unique experience. During just the first week of my stay at camp, no less! Plenty of other lifelong memories would be formed at Camp Bell Tree, but those are stories for another day...

fg5PAy1.png

Since I was going out into a wooded area in the great outdoors, I wanted to cover up with long sleeves and pants to protect myself from mosquitoes, ticks and the like, so I put on a Vest with Binoculars and some Chino Pants. I wore a Labelle Cap and Rounded Shades to keep the sun out of my eyes and rounded out the outfit with a pair of comfy Labelle Socks, some sturdy Trekking Shoes, and an Extra Large Backpack.
7724eDT.png

Aside from my Tent, I brought along a Cooler Box full of food and water, a Camp Stove to cook some dinners in, a Lantern so I can see at night, and a Stack of Books to read to keep myself occupied.

Wait wait wait, I've seen this before, I've totally seen it... The dinosaur, the giant mushrooms... yes, it's absolutely Journey to the center of the Earth! :LOL: Jules Verne would be so proud of you, cabin mate!
Post automatically merged:

E8pt5SVUcAAKtFn

Outfit:
-a hat to keep the sun out of my eyes
-glasses because I am blind without them
-a warm jacket or hoodie because it can get quite cold here even in the summer.
-a pair of sweat pants because they’re comfortable and help keep the mosquitoes away
-a nice pair of sneakers because we usually like to go on some hikes while camping

What I will bring:
-a tent because we need somewhere to sleep!
-a fishing rod because my family loves to go fishing
-a foldable chair I can sit on when I want to rest and while waiting for fishes to bite
-a picnic blanket for when I’m eating
-a book for when I want to relax and enjoy the nature

Hey, awesome visual play trick you did here! :D

Back