• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help naming my new island

What name should I choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

azurill

Bells
Switch
3803-0865-4697
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Hello , I’m going to be restarting my second island but can’t decide on a name. It’s going to be a moon/stars/sun castle theme. Using Celeste DIY’s , Castle items .
Island rep : Solara
Resident : Serena

Colors . Half the island will be red, yellow and orange the other half will be blue, purple and white.

Does anyone remember at what point you can start placing inclines.

I was going to do a zodiac entrance but need help finding an item to replace the Leo DIY since It is a wall item.

If you could start a new island what would you name it and what would your theme be?

I did just start over. I was unhappy with somethings on my map. I wanted the butterfly wings rocks on the beach. Secret beach in the middle. Rock in the water and airport lined up. I found it and named it the same as before xD.

I never went for any theme. I do not find stuff fast enough, but maybe one day. I would love to make an island for each type of villager. That would be pretty cool, but it will take me a while to get there. I just got my 3 villager: eggbert, shilo and cally. My Starters are dom and flo. XD

I did just start over. I was unhappy with somethings on my map. I wanted the butterfly wings rocks on the beach. Secret beach in the middle. Rock in the water and airport lined up. I found it and named it the same as before xD.

I never went for any theme. I do not find stuff fast enough, but maybe one day. I would love to make an island for each type of villager. That would be pretty cool, but it will take me a while to get there. I just got my 3 villager: eggbert, shilo and cally. My Starters are dom and flo. XD
I like my current map but there are things I would love to try that wouldn’t work with this map. Plus I really want a blue airport. It will probably take awhile but with this new island I’m going to try and get R.S lined up with the airport in the middle of the map, also to to get the secret beach in the middle.

I didn’t go with a theme for my main island. My theme for my second island right now is a garden/farm theme. One of the reasons it’s taking me so long to restart is I’m going to have one resident from my main island move to the new island. This way they can terraform and have a good catalog/DIY’s to start with.
I love the idea of having an island for each type of villager.

I voted stargazer, but possible other ideas could be naming your island after an astronomer or after an observatory.

Love Crescent! It fits the moon, sun and stars theme and also has a very royal sound to it!

I feel like Crescent is the most original one of the bunch, they're all adorable anyways
This was the first one I thought of . But then kept changing my mind Since I used in new leaf but kinda miss it.

I voted stargazer, but possible other ideas could be naming your island after an astronomer or after an observatory.
I hadn’t thought of naming it after an observatory. Thanks for the idea
It’s up to you but I chose Moonlight
I think it might end up being between Crescent and moonlight. Not sure yet

ooh what a pretty theme! solara is also a gorgeous sounding name as well! my vote went to stargazer for the island name — stargazer island just has a nice ring to it imo. :’)

i’m happy with my current island’s name (axolotl) and themes i have in mind for it, but if i could have a second island, i have some ideas for a horror, psychological, nothing-is-what-it-seems sort of theme. i have a few different name ideas for it as well, but the one i’m leaning towards is sunchild.

ooh what a pretty theme! solara is also a gorgeous sounding name as well! my vote went to stargazer for the island name — stargazer island just has a nice ring to it imo. :’)

i’m happy with my current island’s name (axolotl) and themes i have in mind for it, but if i could have a second island, i have some ideas for a horror, psychological, nothing-is-what-it-seems sort of theme. i have a few different name ideas for it as well, but the one i’m leaning towards is sunchild.
Thanks , I keep going between them because I like them all and don’t want to regret the choice after I restart.

I like your island name. A horror themed island sounds fun . I was going to make my main island horror themed for October but didn’t get around to it. Sunchild sounds like a great name.

What if you added the two? Crescent Moon. So it'd be like welcome to Crescent Moon island.
I really like that but would it fit? I thought you could only have 10 letters and that would 12.

my own island is named moonlight but i actually picked crescent in the poll for your island lol. i think it matches the vibe you're going with better (and i think it sounds great with the names you chose for your island rep/resident)

my own island is named moonlight but i actually picked crescent in the poll for your island lol. i think it matches the vibe you're going with better (and i think it sounds great with the names you chose for your island rep/resident)
Thanks , I was kinda thinking of Crescent for that reason. It’s too bad you can’t change the name if you change your mind.

Personally I like Crescent the most. At the beginning I considered naming my island Lehua, named after a real island that has a crescent shape! It's also a bird sanctuary.

Initially I named mine Hawaii to make it as basic as possible (Lehua is also a hawaiian island, that was basically my theme), but I restarted and just went with my username because it's basically the fantasy name I like best and I'll always end up hating whatever theme I choose. I'm more of a practical player.

Not being able to rename your island sucks, but I don't understand why we can't just reset like New Leaf later on. Keep your bells etc, in this case also keep your Nook achievements, but start new.

Personally I like Crescent the most. At the beginning I considered naming my island Lehua, named after a real island that has a crescent shape! It's also a bird sanctuary.

Initially I named mine Hawaii to make it as basic as possible (Lehua is also a hawaiian island, that was basically my theme), but I restarted and just went with my username because it's basically the fantasy name I like best and I'll always end up hating whatever theme I choose. I'm more of a practical player.

Not being able to rename your island sucks, but I don't understand why we can't just reset like New Leaf later on. Keep your bells etc, in this case also keep your Nook achievements, but start new.
I almost named my main island Crescent but ended up going with Serenity instead. I like the names Lehua and Romaki . Serenity doesn’t have a theme but I thought I would try going for a theme when I restart my second island. Yea I don’t get why they took that feature away from NH. I liked having the option in New Leaf to keep my catalog and bells and start fresh.

Back