• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever taken a ferry?

I have taken a few ferries in my life so far, I actually really enjoy them. As a kid I was iffy on them

But getting to ride them a bit older I really enjoy them, and looking out at the water. In Vancover we took a big one, but camping me always had to take a smaller one to get to an island camp ground.

I went on one to Long Island once.

Yes, not as a daily commute but for tourism purposes!

No. I don’t live near the ocean or a lake. I do want to ride a ferry one day.

I've taken them a few times, yes. Once you get over the disorientation-- or once you acquire your sea legs as people with more experience put it--the experience is quite interesting. Something about traveling over long stretches of nothing but water, even though it's only for relatively short distances, is truly different from sitting in a car all day.

I used to take one of them between England and France several times a year. Also currently take one on Lake Erie once every other year.

yeah, been on the ferry to the isle of wight a few times. good breakfast food monchies!!

Yes, often. I had to take one to go to work, and even if it didn't last long, I always enjoyed it, it was like a mini vacation.

I think I went on a ferry a couple times when I was living in Washington State for a little bit? Don't quite remember where or why though.

I went on a ferry about twice. I rode one a few years ago with my relatives at Oakland, CA and I enjoyed it. Glad I didn't experience any seasickness.

Yes, a lot of them. It was always SeaFrance or P&O on my way to France. I don't experience seasickness, I just find the journey very, very boring because there's nothing to do on them. Not to mention the rush back to your vehicle when it's over...

I prefer taking the Eurotunnel where possible, since it's so much faster and I can stay onboard.

Nah. I’m not really a water guy, tbh never even learned swimming 😔 I would be willing to to Tasmania maybe, I know somewhere I can do that

Back