• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever played AC Pocket Camp?

I've tried a couple of times but I just can't get into it. I guess the mobile format with grinding, freemium etc. is just not for me :c what appeals to me most are the items that don't exist in the main games and the memory system they've added but unfortunately, I can't stick with it long enough to see those things.

I got really into it for about a year but then lost interest. I think it's decent for what it is, but it does get repetitive quicker than the main games.

I've played it, and it's enjoyable enough, but I don't currently have it installed. I might try it out again soon since it's been so long, but it's the sort of thing that I fall in and out of love with. For a good few days it's really fun, and I remember really enjoying decorating the campsite, but it'd get stale pretty quickly and took up so much storage space it was hard to justify. Not to mention the free to play aspect; that's always going to be annoying to me! Back when it released almost seven years back (...wow, didn't realise it'd been so long) I had to make do with either free to play or whatever money I happened to have through my teens. Now I have my own income, but I'd rather spend it on things other than digital fortune cookies most the time, like my actual food shopping haha. Really wish they added those exclusive items to NH, but I can understand why they'd want to keep them in the place they rake in the most money.

Yes. I don’t play right now. I have dropped it and come back a couple times now. It is so hard to make bells and it takes me too long to get the events done (meaning obtaining all the possible furniture). I eventually get burnt out each time or I just come back for a little bit and uninstall it again because i get bored.

I've never played Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and don't know whether I ever will or not. I don't tend to have use for a smart phone and, for a long time, didn't own a device that was capable of running this game or other such app games. I received an iPad last November though, so technically could now if I so chose.

There are a lot of great furniture and clothing items exclusive to the game that I'm kind of jealous of as someone who only plays the standard games. However, my main draw to the Animal Crossing series is interior decorating the houses, so I don't feel like I'd get much out of Pocket Camp. I'm also not fond of gacha, so, ya know, in general the game doesn't feel that appealing to me. It's a shame that all those nice items will likely remain exclusive to Pocket Camp as incentive for people to continue to pay and play. Alas.

Maybe I'll try it someday just to see what it's like and to get more Platinum Coins for the Switch, but eh. We'll see.

I still check in everyday! I gift people daily and like to see if a good fortune cookie is in stock. I wish there were more events other than the same repetitive cycle. It's always gardening then fishing then gyroids.

I do appreciate the large amount of items you can get. Even the variety in outfits is great (I'm a sucker for all the handheld items). Having my favorite character follow me as my helper is cute too (mine is Whitney). I also love the memories. My mom played daily with me. Her last "favorite photo" was with my character and I make sure to put kudos on it everyday.

Back