• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy St. Patrick's Day from The Bell Tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B2242E1D-BC1E-4EB5-86C7-BC8F94FFE9F7.jpeg

Isn’t st Patrick day the day where you kiss someone wearing green?
There is indeed a kissing tradition associated with St. Patrick's Day! It is thought to be good luck if you kiss an Irish person. I just asked my Irish partner if this is true and they laughed and said "apparently" - so maybe take that with a grain of salt.

For a little bit of history, Saint Patrick is credited as the person who introduced Christianity to Ireland. He is said to have used a three-leafed shamrock as a metaphor for the Holy Trinity: the unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as one God.

There is indeed a kissing tradition associated with St. Patrick's Day! It is thought to be good luck if you kiss an Irish person. I just asked my Irish partner if this is true and they laughed and said "apparently" - so maybe take that with a grain of salt.

For a little bit of history, Saint Patrick is credited as the person who introduced Christianity to Ireland. He is said to have used a three-leafed shamrock as a metaphor for the Holy Trinity: the unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as one God.
Huh, i thought it was you get pinched for not wearing green...
Wait, I'm not wearing green 😳

I said that as a joke but the fact that it is true makes my day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! The 1st/2nd graders I work with were so excited to talk about what prizes the "leprechaun" left them this morning. I remember building a leprechaun trap with my mom every year when I was young. We never managed to catch anything though!

My step-sister was talking about this with me and my dad this morning, none of us have ever heard of this leprechaun tradition which left my niece a little dishearten that the leprechaun didn't leave anything for her on the floor. Her mom quickly left some coins afterwards near her toys and gave the excuse that they seemed to have been playing with them haha.

Let's not forget the St Patrick's Day Anthem, it's perfect to hype your friends up for the raffle.

Happy St Patricks Day everyone!! I love the food and drinks associated with this holiday haha.
Thanks so much for the raffle, good luck y'all! 💚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back