• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Get BESTBUY DLC items using WIFI at your home...

spamurai

Bells
Arcade Tokens
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
Apparently BESTBUY DLC items are available for download from the comfort of your own home.
Two articles you may be interested in:

1) US/NA >Here<
2) UK/EU >Here<

All you have to do is change your routers SSID.

Change:
- US/NTSC SSID to "Bestbuy".
- UK/PAL SSID to "_The Cloud".

There are many users giving confirmation of this actually working, which is awesome!

Whats going on with the EU thing? I never heard from those items? Like the tea set. There isn't anything on the Nintendo homepage... Is this real? I think it's a fake.

My friend did this today and it worked! We live in Australia btw. I wonder if the 7.11 items could work this way but with the 7.11 ssd

Thank goodness for this method - went to our local participating Best Buy and the floor people apparently ninja got rid of the display 3DS unit and hotspot a week ago! One of the workers who does the gaming area had been on holiday when this happened and wasn't very happy about it. They apologized and plan to get the hotspot back, but it wouldn't be in time for the promotion so I was rather sad.

This saves me from seriously plotting about driving a few hours to another! :D

Whats going on with the EU thing? I never heard from those items? Like the tea set. There isn't anything on the Nintendo homepage... Is this real? I think it's a fake.
It definitely works, I had to utilise the Wi-Fi Hotspot on my mobile phone, I named the SSID _The Cloud without any security which allowed me to keep my main router and internet safe and I went to the Post Office and connected... Success! I now have a Racoon Wall Clock.

It definitely works, I had to utilise the Wi-Fi Hotspot on my mobile phone, I named the SSID _The Cloud without any security which allowed me to keep my main router and internet safe and I went to the Post Office and connected... Success! I now have a Racoon Wall Clock.

I can imagine that this works but not with the items you see above. I think you will get the best buy items and not the things in the picture when you click on the EU link Oo

I can imagine that this works but not with the items you see above. I think you will get the best buy items and not the things in the picture when you click on the EU link Oo

They're the EU alternatives. Each item has its own period of availability. (currently the raccoon clock).
It's about time the EU got items that aren't available in other regions just like Jpn/NA have already xD

They're the EU alternatives. Each item has its own period of availability. (currently the raccoon clock).
It's about time the EU got items that aren't available in other regions just like Jpn/NA have already xD

But why isn't there anything on the nintendo homepage? I don't even find something when I google it... I think thats strange because nobody really knows about it? xD

But why isn't there anything on the nintendo homepage? I don't even find something when I google it... I think thats strange because nobody really knows about it? xD

It is a bit weird. I only stumbled across it accidentally.
I guess we'll have to wait and see on the 1st of July which item we get xD

I've just done this without changing my SSID of my router and got the Raccoon Clock... Going to upload a photo guide of how to do it.

How do I change the SSID?

Edit: No worries I did it :)

Last edited:
It is a bit weird. I only stumbled across it accidentally.
I guess we'll have to wait and see on the 1st of July which item we get xD

I'm pretty sure we will get the same items as the NA people xD

It worked for me (Switzerland) so I left my secondary network (the one with lower security for the DS...) configured like that, and simply turned it off ^^; I'll turn it on again in a week... :)

_TheCloud?
As is that WiFi service owned by Sky?
I have Sky broadband here in Ireland so I will try changing my SSID.
Will edit if it works.
Edit: My Sky Hub doesn't allow for spaces in the SSID name so,
I used my Nexus 7 and it worked perfectly!
I now have the Raccoon Wall clock!
I have 60mb internet and it used just under 1mb in case anyone is wondering!

Last edited:
Back