• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC:NH ~ What We Know So Far

In the IGN article about "Isabelle" being back in AC:NH, it's written that when you start out on the deserted island you are accompanied by only two other animals - which I guess are two other villagers (like Hamlet and Fuschia in the Treehouse footage).

Here is the exact quote : "In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, players start their adventure on a deserted island with a tent and only two other animals rather than an established town. To progress, players must work toward improving the island."

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I'd like to point out that IGN got from Aya Kyogoku that:
As far as voice chat goes, Kyogoku said the Nintendo Switch Online app should be compatible for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the multiplayer can work where you can have people also playing with you on your console as well as over the internet at the same time?

This means no Harriet?

We can speculate as such. If she's in the game, she probably will have a different focus.

Unless, of course, we do have access to Harriet as soon as we start (perhaps if the seaplane takes us to a shopping area), but I don't personally think that's what they mean.

I feel like harriet will be in the game and still have a salon, but it works like how it did in AC:HHD, where that red machine allowed you to change anything you wanted about your appearance

We saw a New hairstyle in the trailer (2 dutch braids, Nintendo heard my prayers), so maybe you can choose from the standard 8 or so hairstyles (well, both male and female) and harriet will give you other ones? Or maybe blueprints for wigs.. Its all just speculation right now tho but I hope she returns.

Im just super hyped I'm not playing with an ugly hairstyles the first couple weeks just because I want nice eyes!

Last edited:
We saw a New hairstyle in the trailer (2 dutch braids, Nintendo heard my prayers), so maybe you can choose from the standard 8 or so hairstyles (well, both male and female) and harriet will give you other ones? Or maybe blueprints for wigs.. Its all just speculation right now tho but I hope she returns.

Im just super hyped I'm not playing with an ugly hairstyles the first couple weeks just because I want nice eyes!

I wanna be optimistic about new hairstyles, but that hairstyle in particular is a wig in past games, so who knows.

Then again it is early game so it is likely to be a new hairstyle.

At first I was on the fence but now I am HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also does anyone know the size of new leaf maps? Is the map in this game bigger?

Last edited:
I noticed in the Nook store that the items you can buy are in a menu and not on display.

I'd prefer to see what I'm buying.

I noticed in the Nook store that the items you can buy are in a menu and not on display.

I'd prefer to see what I'm buying.

A "General Store" was mentioned in in the IGN article, so we can assume the actual shows will have items on display.

So here are the bugs that can be confirmed from the trailer and Treehouse segment:
-Common Butterfly
-Yellow Butterfly
-Tiger Butterfly
-Peacock Butterfly
-Agrias Butterfly
-Firefly
-Darner Dragonfly
-Red Dragonfly
-Brown Cicada

Obviously it's safe to assume there are many, many more. I'd expect the majority of those in New Leaf with maybe a few replacements given the island setting.

Last edited:
Also, you see the items in the menu. It's not bling buying.

You see an image of the item. Not the actual item on display where you can see it's size etc.

I didn't think that needed explaining. :)

Last edited:
Bumping this up.

An IGN arcticle has came out detailing more about the game, such as the return of patterns, and how villagers moving in works.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/06...ls-about-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019

Good article. I love how the Animal Crossing team doesn't like to remove features.

I'm not salty about Pokemon, no not at all.

?Tom Nook, this time around, he has this place called Resident Services. He tirelessly works 24 hours making sure that all the residents on the island are happy and are living a good life,? Kyogoku said. ?Whenever Tom receives those debts paid back from the residents and the players, I think that because these resident services upgrade as time goes on, I think he?s investing that money toward the Resident Service for the residents.?

I bet Resident Services are for certain larger, not-easy-to-craft PWPs, such as the Oil Well, Stadium Lights, and the like. Probably Ordinances too.

Last edited:
Back