• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC:NH ~ What We Know So Far

Different window styles? Also it looks like the crafting table (seen in the lower left of the same picture) comes in multiple colors, as we saw the player owning their own, tan table in the trailer.

idY0six_d.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help so far. I've updated the OP with the IGN Article and Mashable Article, as well as your suggestions. I imagine after this week news will be fairly dry until a trailer, so the list your looking at is probably pretty final for now.

Last edited:
I went back to the part where they speak to Fuchsia in the Treehouse, and her name bubble was yellow text with a bright pink background, so I assume they're matched to the villagers now.

It was a few pages earlier (#47), but that was exactly the point I was making. The post you responded to was just my answer to oath2order asking me whether my theory held up with Hamlet's textbox.

Last edited:
Different window styles? Also it looks like the crafting table (seen in the lower left of the same picture) comes in multiple colors, as we saw the player owning their own, tan table in the trailer.

idY0six_d.jpg

I think it would be really cool for every "main furniture series" to have a crafting table

This article also has some new information.

Short summary: no split-screen multiplayer; the Nintendo mobile app will be used for voice chat along other things (not mentioned exactly what), no dedicated ACNH app; they are considering systems like Early Bird/Night Owl ordinances to make sure both kids and adults will be able to experience the game; no cloud saves; KK will be back on Saturdays, along with multiple ways to enjoy his music (radio is mentioned as one of them).

Last edited:
Updated post-Nintendo Direct. Please let me know if I missed anything, especially on the clothing part (I didn't pay much attention after I saw that big mushroom thing)

Some updates:
-All grass has patterns now. New trailer show the patterns everywhere, just faint.
-Snowflake catching in Winter from New Leaf is back.
-Shooting stars are back.
-Seasonal changes seem to be a lot more varied. The grass and trees experience more color changes.
-For path making, it looks like you pave it completely flat, and then you can round out the edges by kicking the dirt the same way you kick a hole full in New Leaf.
-New insects! This is actually from the first trailer where, at the beginning when she's walking along the beach, you can see a white butterfly that is clearly not a Common Butterfly. This same Butterfly also appears in the new trailer at about 4:46.

Really quickly threw together screenshots of the clothing that stood out to me. I know for a fact some of this info is old but I'm just pointing out everything that's a first for a mainline game.
acnh clothes.jpg

• The mesh for the tops no longer completely cover the PCs upper body. Looks like we have a variety of necklines and the mesh is slightly separated from the body even in tops with high necklines.
  • We've been shown two different types of long sleeves. One straight line that tapers out slightly at the wrists like in acnl (yellow stripe shirt) and one that cuffs at the wrist (dark green top and red top)
  • We have overalls (did we have whole body suits aside from the swimsuits in acnl...?)
  • Long straight skirt and a new dress shape.
  • Unsure if the black shirt + plaid shirt tied around the PCs waist is one mesh or two items combined. I'm leaning towards it being one item.
  • I forgot to take screenshots but it was shown in the first direct as well; there are two different lengths for shorts.
It looks like some of the details are still "painted" on like in previous games, but I noticed in the red down jacket, the seam where the zipper would be is 3D. If you watch 4:00-4:01 in the trailer you see it react to the light. Big difference when you compare it to how a similar jacket looks in acnl. I'm holding out hope for open jackets that lets you wear different shirts underneath.

At the very end of that trailer tho when she throws the fish bait she is standing on a dock on the side of the island.

Which we didnt see on the map in treehouse stream and a dock on a deserted island wouldn't make sense (not counting the sea plane dock area)

So I'm guessing we can build docks/piers.

Last edited:
Looks like the bottom of the NPC villagers' feet are detailed now. Though hard to see due to the angle, when Wolfgang is sitting down you can see pads on his feet.

EjlYnme.png

In addition, it looks like there might be another new held item: Handbasket. At about 4:49 in the new trailer, we see Peewee holding a basket. It could be a tool, or just a decoration like the balloon.

Last edited:
Some of these are really exciting! I am admittedly a little bummed about the grass not being all patterned, I need animal crossing quirk (I mean think about how quirky it is!) and the grass is one of the small visual components. I hope that the villagers have some really good dialogue (and more of it) in New Horizons, more like in Wild world. Time will tell :)

You're missing the 7th Nook App, the pink one which is quite obviously to design patterns. Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet, I'm glad it's confirmed!

hL67qR3.png

Last edited:
You're missing the 7th Nook App, the pink one which is quite obviously to design patterns. Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet, I'm glad it's confirmed!

hL67qR3.png

Also.. is his character wearing his flannel top strapped around his waist? I wonder if that’s a shirt design or if all long sleeves can do that. Maybe we can even layer clothing.

Looks like the bottom of the NPC villagers' feet are detailed now. Though hard to see due to the angle, when Wolfgang is sitting down you can see pads on his feet.

This is such a small detail but it makes me so happy! Look at his lil paws. ?_?

has anyone mentioned the flowers at the start of the direct? are those from pocket camp? doesnt look like any of the flowers from new leaf

Screenshot_1164.jpg

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this twice, but figured it would make sense to post it here as well:

I'm guessing at least the museum is back:
RYlP77Y.jpg

Why else would you be able to dig up a fossil? ^^
Timestamp: https://youtu.be/sRWjpjNVOCM?t=288

has anyone mentioned the flowers at the start of the direct? are those from pocket camp? doesnt look like any of the flowers from new leaf

You're probably right that those are new! I don't think those were in Pocket Camp, but definitely not 100% sure.
I don't see them here though: https://animalcrossingpocketcamp.gamepedia.com/Gardening#List_of_Flowers

Last edited:
Some of these are really exciting! I am admittedly a little bummed about the grass not being all patterned, I need animal crossing quirk (I mean think about how quirky it is!) and the grass is one of the small visual components. I hope that the villagers have some really good dialogue (and more of it) in New Horizons, more like in Wild world. Time will tell :)

The grass IS all patterned now! It's just faint. Looks like they've updated it as of the newest trailer. Even the snow is patterned now, and it didn't have any patterns in the first trailer.

Thank you everyone who has helped amass stuff together and point out stuff that I missed. We get so much more done when we work together as a team! I've updated the OP with stuff y'all found. As always, let me know if something is left off! Also let me know if you have any formatting suggestions to make the list easier to read.

Back