• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you put q-tips in your ears

do you put q-tips in your ears?

• yes screw the warnings

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • no i love suffering

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Im guilty. I know you arent supposed to but having waxy ears drives me crazy. I just try to be super careful about it.

I don't because I'm too afraid of hurting my ear. Sometimes they get so itchy though and I suffer greatly 😓

Q-tips are always how I’ve cleaned the insides of my ears and taken care of itchy ears. I know it’s not recommended to do so, but I’ve never accidentally hit my eardrum, hurt myself, or had any problems because of it. I’m always very careful with my ears and how far the q-tip goes in, and it’s been fine so far. I go in slowly, swirl around, and boom problem solved.

Rubbing the outside of my ear when it’s itchy just makes it itchier, and I can’t stand the feeling of having liquid in my ears enough to rinse them out, so it’s either a q-tip or I suffer with itchy ears. And I refuse to suffer with itchy ears LOL

I do, but I’m very careful about how I do it - if it’s so dangerous why does it feel so good??

Yes, but going a step further I used to be one of those kids who put DS styluses in their ear. Really unfortunate that the Switch doesn't have a stylus so we don't have a new generation of kids doing this smh.

All the time, several times a day. No accidents or problems, always careful. I also use almond oil.

so i guess i'm inbetween; i swipe the qtip usually only around the hole of the ear, i don't go farther than that. i think the warnings online are really about shoving it INSIDEEEE the ear canal, going really far in... otherwise... what good are they for real?

Supposedly ear wax will just fall out naturally. I witnessed this once when a girl next to me had a peice fall out of her ear and onto the table. It was comical, and embarrassing for her and I felt bad for laughing. I use qtips, but I was taught not to stick them deep into your ears.

I can't imagine why anyone would stick them so deep that it causes damage.

Oh wow, okay, okay. I never new they were called q-tips!!
Had no idea omg

I do rarely use them, but never go to far, only enough where I know I am cleaning if its too much.

As a kid, I used to wear hearing aids, and to get them molded they would put mold and.a fuzzy bit at the end into my ear so they had get my mold and the itchyness has always been a lil pleasurablr.

Yes, but going a step further I used to be one of those kids who put DS styluses in their ear. Really unfortunate that the Switch doesn't have a stylus so we don't have a new generation of kids doing this smh.
No way i did that too XD i mainly chewed thm first

I do, but I also use in-ear monitors for live stage performance which get pretty deep in my ears anyway. I’m not sure which is worse for me 🤔

i do! but i never venture too deep into my ear cause i'm always afraid i'll slip up and puncture my eardrum or something 💀 i kinda wipe around the outer edge that leads into the ear canal and then the outside areas of the ear, but that's about it!

I do because I can't STAND the feeling of damp ear canal after washing my hair. I am extremely careful though and I never hurt myself or went too deep. Just can't deal with damp, itchy ears. I usually clean my ears after shampooing and use the q-tips to gently soak up/dry off excess water that went inside my ear.

Nope. I think that's a bad idea and get anxious that if I were to mess up, it would just be Pain (tm).

I do. It's the only way that exists to clean ears. And since I need my ears squeaky clean, it's gotta be the q-tips.

Back