• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you pay to play?

absolutely not. I used to pay small amounts of money to play games like Pocket Camp and Pokemon GO but I ultimately get driven away by games that get their fun factor from paying more and more money.

I don’t do pay to win but I’ll occasionally buy some cosmetics if I really like the game. I never expected to buy a Fortnite skin but the Resident Evil collab made me cave

I try and avoid doing P2P things in games, but I usually buy the battle pass or season pass if I enjoy the game. I also buy more cosmetics than I would like to admit in games that I play.

as someone who grew up learning that i can't have everything i want, i rarely feel the urge to pay in-game to get ahead or something! I'm mostly very patient when it comes to games, only rarely do i pay a couple bucks for some services :cool:

I usually pay just to support the devs for games I really like and enjoy. But for gacha games, my personal policy is no spending outside guaranteed stuff because you can sink in so much money. So far I’ve spent for Dragalia Lost(1 Dream Summon), Genshin Impact(1 Battle Pass), and Fate/Grand Order(Some Guaranteed 5* Pulls).

I assume you don't count DLC bc I buy that but like cosmetics or for example currency or short cuts in mobile games? Yeah I'm 100% f2p not a single dime on my mobile games! Have bought a few cosmetics and that I'm sure for console games but I rarely have to my knowledge

ah yes, flight rising. i've twice bought gems just this month, and absolutely will again, i don't mind supporting the team. they're great! i've even looked at the real merch they offer. i'd absolutely buy a real plush of the deities. windsinger, arcanist, and lightweaver would be must haves. i'd go for the shirts if i were more certain of how the sizes fit.

i've also bought premium currency for merge dragons. can't help it. i'm a dragon nerd.

I am F2P for now, but I am really debating on buying amiibo cards for ACNH.

if i enjoy the game a lot then i tend to shell out a bit of cash as a lil treat. For example I buy the welking moon and sometimes the battle pass in genshin impact. but i dont buy gems because thats a slippery slope imo

Back