• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you miss some of the furniture series?

I can't believe Sloppy set is not in AC:NH, probably one of my faves together with Alpine set, those two are my must have furnitures tbh, hope they add them back on later, I'd like to see some of the furniture sets back, I do kinda hate some of the AC:NL sets though but more furniture the better I guess AHAHAHAHA

I can't believe Sloppy set is not in AC:NH, probably one of my faves together with Alpine set, those two are my must have furnitures tbh, hope they add them back on later, I'd like to see some of the furniture sets back, I do kinda hate some of the AC:NL sets though but more furniture the better I guess AHAHAHAHA

you have TASTE. aside from sloppy, yes alpine was beautiful too. especially with customization. i'd go crazy on it on acnh i bet.

I never really stuck to sets but I know my boyfriend would have loved the modern theme. This is his first animal crossing game and he loves having everything black so the modern theme would have been perfect for him. He's going more spooky style with his island but I can still see his home having modern furniture.

I think part of nintendo doing this is to make people go out of their comfort zones and try new stuff. Some items in NL that were normal everyday small stuff that you got for a few thousand bells are now black tag going for 60k because we are on a DESERTED island. The smaller items up front that you can buy a TON of are I'm guessing more local to the Islands whereas that delux washing machine or double sided fridge with an ice maker are resourced out and more expensive.
With each nook upgrade I think we will start to see more sets and less small random furniture.

you have TASTE. aside from sloppy, yes alpine was beautiful too. especially with customization. i'd go crazy on it on acnh i bet.

Right??? Alpine is the furniture I love to customize and it would have been great if they added it in AC:NH, so I do really hope that they add it back in the future or else I'd be bummed, but I'd probably find other furnitures to love without those two for now lol

The only one I would have missed would be the Cabana series, which returned. The rest of them was very tacky and I like the new furniture much better.

Yeah, all of them. Are any even in there? All I've seen is general stuff and wooden/cute sets. But I would understand if they want to hide those sets for now so people are forced to use the new stuff for now. I just hope that's actually true and we see most of them return.

I do miss some sets like Rococo, Alpine and Sweets, but I find all the new furniture to be a much needed breath of fresh air. I'm enjoying discovering new favorite items ♥

Last edited:
As someone put it earlier, a lot of the sets are pretty tacky, and I also find most of them.. too situational? If that makes sense? A lot of the furniture with strong themes just didn't mix well with most other sets and the best I could manage to get anything harmonious was to use the more neutral/modern sets which a lot of the stuff in New Horizons is.

On one hand it's a bit of a bummer to not have sets like the rococo and Alpine ones (at least not yet) but on the other theres a lot we have currently that are pretty reminiscent in style to sets like those :O these sets are sooo much easier to use together

Last edited:
While I liked the old stuff a lot, I think it's fitting to have all new stuff now. I mean the new stuff is really really nice. How can I complain. Theres a lot of gothic items too and I LOVE it lol

I don't mind the sets of NH now, but I have barely any furniture sets lol. I mostly have random pieces of furniture, no of which go together. So I miss the furniture sets of NL, but I don't dislike whats in NH, especially since I haven't unlocked everything and don't know what other sets there are to get :D

edit: I keep seeing ppl saying how the sets were tacky and were hard to match with other sets, but honestly most of the sets worked well with similarly colored items, such as flowers, plants, vases, candles/ lamps, etc to give it some flair :D Also, I actually liked theming my rooms lol, so maybe I'm in the minority there :p

Last edited:
i miss sets like the sloppy and princess sets. those were both pretty cool, and i hope to see them in game at some point. i imagine that they weren't from the start because of the promised updates or maybe it requires a higher nook store??? or perhaps they didnt transfer over all the old furniture things from new leaf because they needed to be updated and wanted to focus on newer things (new things sell to new people yall, we may play every iteration of this game but that doesnt mean it doesnt need new players) to make the game seem more exciting. either way i have faith in the game; i dont think we'd be let down by the people that have been listening to the community.

my griviences mainly stem from the fact so much of the furniture in this game is very 'normal'. like there's none of the weird and wonderful charm in any of the new sets. it's all very polished, and some of it is lovely, but the furniture is so ordinary like stuff you'd find in the sims. i miss the really weird stuff, like the balloon set, or the card set etc.

crafted furniture is the most outrageous offender with really boring motifs like being made out entirely of stone or wood. i miss the quirky gimmicks that made furniture special

+ there's not much of a selection and i feel like a lot of our homes are going to end up looking eerily similar

Last edited:
I like most of the new furniture! But I do find myself wanting some of the old sets quite a bit. Hopefully there will be more added soon

I really miss the princess set, the regal set, the rococo set, and the mermaid set. Although the shell set is similar to the mermaid set, I still miss it. I really hope they bring them all back in the game.

I’m missing the Rococo, Regal and Princess furniture so much! While I do like a lot of the new items, I find much of the furniture in NH to be a bit basic.

i want the old sets back :( i hope they come with updates! i think it would be cool to add to what we had, instead of replacing it with the diy sets

I miss a lot of the items that I collected in pocket camp so far, not too bothered about other furniture yet. Hopeful a lot will be added!

Back