• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you guys build kitchens and bathrooms in all houses? Also how many bedrooms?

My Mayor's houses usually have a kitchen and bedroom, while one of my towns (Moonview) the Mayor has a bathroom too.

The side character's houses in each town varied: one is a hotel with a japanese style bathhouse, one has a store in one of the rooms, one is a noodle shop, one has a cafe or is a music box Museum etc..

Last edited:
I would love to build a kitchen and a bathroom in my house, but I confess that I am a bit annoying because these two environments should look very much like the rest of the house and I don't see many options for the kitchen and bathroom.

For Doodle, the Mayor, the house was crafted to be like a real home, so yep there is a kitchen and bathroom with an upstairs bedroom. The other rooms are a cozy basement and a backyard, but each room is very cutesy and pastel. I did make a second character with a similar layout, she has a basement/bedroom, a bathroom, and a kitchen, though her house is dark and moody with a foresty vibe. My last character is meant to be the town's baker, so he does have an upstairs bedroom for himself but the large downstairs is the bakery.

My final character's house will be a school, so there will be no typical house rooms there, except maybe a restroom.

Yeah, I have a kitchen and a bathroom. I wanna make it as similar to a real life house as possible :p

it depends on the house/room but if i do make a bathroom its more creative/imaginary than a normal. i normally make a nature based greenhouse bathroom or a asian bathhouse or something. kitchen i rarely do but if i need something like that ill make a cafe or restaurant/food type room instead of a real kitchen in a home
not seen as a necessity to me but i get why people like making them

It depends. In Salem, my mayor is the only character, so I did give her a more realistic house - kitchen in the back, spa/bath on the left, office on the right, library/study downstairs, bedroom suite upstairs. I may change it up from time to time, but right now I like the way it looks.

In Hollowyn, my mayor has a "normal" house, although I don't have a kitchen or bath. To be honest, the only room I've really finished is the upstairs suite. The rest of the characters in Hollowyn have shops on their main floors and studio apartments upstairs (except one, who lives in the basement so the top floor can be an observatory).

I've always put bathrooms and kitchens in, they don't feel complete without them to me lol the kitchen is always in the left room whenever I make a house for some reason lol

Wow I wasn’t expecting so many people to actually have all three. Where do you all place them ..which rooms and sides?

My main room is my loungeroom.
Left is my bedroom.
Right is the kitchen.
Back is the bathroom.
Top is the study.
Basement is the music room.

^_^

Early on all my rooms were bedrooms to get the points.
After that I cleared out most of the rooms and a kitchen went upstairs in the mayors house. I like the kitchen upstairs because of the light from the 2 windows. With the stuff from the Welcome Amiibo cards I have my dream kitchen.
I haven't added a bathroom in the main town mayor house for now. The bathroom/spa/massage room is in the museum.
The other rooms are cozy cabin room with a bed, beach cabana room, weeding/gardening/zen room and a sitting/dining room.
The 3rd player does have a Sanrio bathroom/laundry upstairs. I love the light with the 2 window.

My Guest town mayor house does have a Cabana bathroom with a lot of plants. The plants work as screens. There is a full kitchen upstairs. Living room with a fireplace, sewing/knitting,craft room for the crafting group and a bedroom in the back room. I love the bedroom in the back bottom room. It's darker back there.

I have a house plan that includes a kitchen/dining, 2 bed, one living room, and a spa in the basement.

I don't build kitchens or bathrooms. I used to have a lot of bedrooms though until my girlfriend pointed out that it was weird. I would just use all the furniture in a set no matter what. lol

Last edited:
I don't build kitchens or bathrooms. I used to have a lot of bedrooms though until my girlfriend pointed out that it was weird. I would just use all the furniture in a set no matter what. lol

I feel like that’s exactly exactly what the game wants you to do though, in order to get house points. That’s what ive been doing good so far iin all towns exept my newest one where I like to make them look more natural looking.

I try to add a kitchen and a bedroom to at least one house per town. Sometimes it doesn't work out though, and I end up having no room for an idea I suddenly have.

My Mayor has her full house on the second floor as an appartment. This gives me the freedom to be creative with the other rooms while still having a complete house. You can see it in my signature if you are curious. ^^

i indeed do make a bathroom, and a kitchen.
i made my kitchen in the right room, and my bathroom in the left room.
they both have the usual stuff you'd see in a bathroom or a kitchen.

i personally like how they look, cause to me they really feel like a bathroom or a kitchen respectively.
i really did my absolute best to make my home look the way it does.

Back