• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you fully upgrade your house?

i don't fully upgrade because the room gets too big for my liking. i run out of furniture to decorate and it just bothers me to have a huge room that's barely furnished. my main house will never be used for storage so i wouldn't ever upgrade just for that. usually i will build a second house and upgrade that one for more space.

gosh. I don't think I've ever gotten a full house upgrade in animal crossing :c

I get distracted by everything else. I've gotten multiple perfect towns, but the house takes a back seat.

Nope! I usually upgrade enough to have all the available rooms, but I usually don't expand all of them all the way. It's nice to be able to decorate a small room when I want to.
The most I've ever expanded a house is my new leaf house. It's one expansion away from being full, but I like my medium room as it is.

I usually like having all of the rooms available! With that said, in New Leaf, I might leave a room small or medium sized instead of making it the largest 8x8 size, if there's a specific vision I have in mind for it (a small 4x4 office, for example)

I fully upgraded my house in my old save file which immensely helped me since I’m a big hoarder hehe. But in my current save file, I wanted to have a smaller house for the aesthetics, so now im struggling badly for space and all my items are strewn across my island. I wish there was a way to fully upgrade storage without expanding my house 😭

Yes!! I generally do - I did in City Folk and I have in New Horizons. I reset my Wild World town too many times so not that though, and for some reason my New Leaf town isn’t fully upgraded even though I have about 6 million bells in the bank. I can’t remember what I was doing there. I do wish we could customise the room shapes and sizes though, especially in New Horizons as there are less upgrades. I want the full storage capacity but I sometimes wish I could have a cosy little house

I always fully upgrade my house.. I love the idea of having some small rooms (like having a small room be a bathroom would be neat) but I just can't help myself, I have to complete it fully!!

Back