• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you Forgive Easily?

Do You?

• Yes. It's Not Hard.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • Somewhat. Can be difficult at times.

Votes: 74 59.2%
  • No. It's Hard.

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
i'd much rather forgive. life is too short to hate people for mistakes. even if they weren't mistakes, i'm not going to dwell on it forever. it's not healthy.

I can try to stay upset with someone forever, but I just can?t hold a grudge. It?s much too tiresome, so I forgive very easily, in time. There isn?t much someone can do that I won?t forgive, besides if it?s something very, very serious. I don?t like that I can?t hold a grudge, and I?ve tried so hard to change that: but I can?t. I believe people really can change under the right circumstances, but like many people, I don?t forget what they?ve done in the past. I still know who?s been good to me and who hasn?t, even though my generous ways of forgiveness might differ from that !!

I forgive a little too easily. I had a toxic friendship about a year ago that I finally cut off, but I would forgive that person way too much for all the crap they would do to/around me. I'm not friends with them anymore, but I don't really hold any kind of grudge against them.

I have trouble with forgiving people sometimes. It's a bit difficult at times when I forgive the wrong person and get burned doing so.

way 2 easily. i know im not the best person myself so i cant hold a grudge against somene 4 not being perfect 2 me either. i also find it takes more energy 2 hold negativity towards someone than it is to just let it go.

when it comes to people close to me I admit that I can be pretty stubborn, but it feels pretty awkward and draining to hold grudges against people I don't know well

Eh kinda but sometimes i hold grudges and never let something go it usually takes days or weeks to forget... Just the other day some middle schooler took my new 2ds xl out of my hands i ran back to where he was sitting and decked him in the face..them that afternoon on the way home he threw a large stick at me hitting me ib the shoulder still have a place there too...i dont have a grudge on him anymore but im not gobna forgive him...

usually no

i've had a grudge against someone for nine years and honestly still don't have the courage to forgive them

its because what they did basically caused my anxiety and i'm trying to get over it still. i'm improving but i'm just not ready to forgive them

Last edited:
Depends on how serious it is but generally, no. If somebody has done something to stop me from communicating with them, they've already proven themselves unreliable enough to do something like that in the first place.

The world is full of people, why waste time on those who've wronged me before.

Honestly, it just depends. Say they hurt me multiple times or they give me bad vibes, it's hard to. There is an exception: If I'm obsessed with them or in love, I'll forgive them until I'm over the love or obsession. Now say they're just a regular friend: it just depends on whether or not they've done it before. I'm pretty good at holding grudges, so ya.

It's very easy for me to forgive people but I will almost certainly never forget.

depends on what they did and the person

- - - Post Merge - - -

in general i guess in in the middle
i dont hold grudges or anything

If they've done serious stuff, then definitely no. I mean lighter offences that they actually recognize and say sorry in a way that they mean it, then yes I can forgive them. But yeah some stuff you can't forget either and then it's even harder to let it go before they can accept what they did too.

I have to because holding something will ultimately destroy me while the person I can't forgive probably feels fine. It's unhealthy to hold those negative emotions in so I'd rather forgive and be done with the person.

does forgetting count as forgiving :lemon:

It can't.
It's impossible to forget.

I can say the words "I forgive you".. but if I'm being honest, I'm not feeling those words.

Is it better to lie to the person, and worse, lie to myself, and say I've forgiven you?

Or be honest, and say that I'm *trying* to forgive you, and that's the best I can do.

I certainly won't forget though.

I don't like to hold grudges against people, but there are a few people who just get on my nerves so much that I can't help but fight with them. If someone caused drama for me, but they didn't mean it, then I'll forgive them as long as they tell me they're sorry. However, if someone was super manipulative and took advantage of me for their own gain, then it's safe to say I won't forget about it anytime soon.

I got into a huge argument with a now ex-friend after he was acting incredibly immature and annoying. For the past few months, all he'd do is f*** with me and talk crap about me everywhere, but he never said anything to my face. He'd just act really brazen and childish over text or DM, and eventually I just had had enough. I was already angry because somebody had called me a "horrible person" that day, so I didn't have the patience for him. I flipped out and told him all the reasons why he was being an annoying jerk and he just kept trying to say "___ thinks this about you" or "____ agrees with me" and all this stupid petty stuff until he told me that if I didn't care about what he thought of me, then I should just leave, and I did. Suffice to say I'm not going to forgive him for a while, or apologize to him until I think he's geniunely sorry for being a jerk. Right now, I'm glad we're no longer friends.

...that was surprisingly personal but oh well

Back