• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you read reviews?

I don't normally read reviews for music/movies as everyone has their own tastes, so what one person likes, another will not. Some of the movies I've seen have low star reviews, but they are some of my favourites! I will watch a game review if I'm interested in buying it to check out the graphics. On the electrical side of reviews if I'm looking for something that is inexpensive or that I have an idea about then I'll chance it go for a good brand and good price. However, if it's something electrical or expensive then I will read reviews and watch video reviews of a product. :)

only when i'm buying stuff! although, sometimes after im done watching a film or series, i go look at some reviews as well.

I always look for negative reviews to find possible issues.

I do if we're talking about stuff for sell. Or a seller's profile. You can get a good gauge on an item or profile depending on the level of reviews. Sometimes idiots review stuff, but if there's a pattern with the reviews there's usually a reason for it.

i love reading reviews, but not for books or movies. i like to be relatively surprised on that front.

I do if it has a lot of 1 star reviews and people are warning of a "Scam" than thats when I take it seriously, mostly when it comes to products.

In general just remember at the end of the day Reviews are all opinions. Not everyone is going to agree on what they think is better or worse. I don't read reviews because I like to go in with a open mind. Thats mostly whenever a new game is out.

I like reading IMDb reviews after watching a movie to see if I agree with what people are saying. I try not to read too much beforehand to avoid spoilers.

I do if it has a lot of 1 star reviews and people are warning of a "Scam" than thats when I take it seriously, mostly when it comes to products.

In general just remember at the end of the day Reviews are all opinions. Not everyone is going to agree on what they think is better or worse. I don't read reviews because I like to go in with a open mind. Thats mostly whenever a new game is out.
Yeah it's really good to gauge the quality of a product and or if something is too good to be true. Sometimes you got to weed through the idiot 1 star reviews and also the idiot 5 star ones that say something like 'It came in 4 days, very quick!' and it's like you're reviewing the product not the shipping speed that the seller has no control over.

Back