Island
Xanthye
Purple Feather
Light Blue Balloon
Cool Feather
Blue Balloon
Blue Feather
Island Lore, because why not?
I'll be trying to recount the order in which things happened as accurately as possible, but I take a lot of... creative liberty.
We'll call it that.

Feel free to post your comments and things like that, I'm taking a more narrative approach to my Island Journal, and probably won't be posting a lot of images.

I'm trying to write a lot of backlog right now (pretty much from release day until today) so some details will likely be jumbled.

Last edited:
I started playing AC:NH on release day, but am writing this memoir after the fact. I hope that you enjoy.

Day 0 - Prologue
After an unforgivable scandal caused by a disappearance in Candla City, the responsible Mayor Aisiel took a fall. Finding herself alienated by the new faces in the town she ignored for so many years whilst missing, she hurriedly ran for a faraway deserted island with the help of Tom Nook.
In her hurries, she didn't manage to fully dye her hair, leaving it haphazardly dyed in a state between pink and brown. Changing her name to Mikaiah, she was determined to start a new life on Xanthye Isle.

In the middle of the night, she hurriedly grabbed items from her long abandoned home, though much of it was covered in a thick layer of dust. She managed to recover one outfit and a piddly amount that was not enough to live on. Despite her reservations against the tycoon Tom Nook, she decided to trust him once more, moving herself to his debt once more.

With naught in her luggage but three apples, a sleeping cot, and a small lantern, she left a note with Pelly, telling her to redirect all mail to the Island Xanthye, and boarded the train station for an overnight trip to the airport.

Day 0.5 - New Island, New Horizons?
"Welcome to Nook Inc.'s Deserted Island Getaway," Timmy and Tommy said at the front desk. "Could you tell us your name please?"
"Ais-" Mikaiah started, before hurriedly catching herself. "Mikaiah Calle. I should be on the list for the plane to Xanthye Isle."
"Yes, that's correct," the Nooklings replied. "Could you stand there for a quick photo? We need to issue a new passport."

Breathing a sigh of relief that the hurriedly forged papers had gone through, Mikaiah stood in front of the camera. Her half-pink hair was pulled into a bun, and she did her best to smooth out her clothes before smiling for the photograph.

"And that's done," the Nooklings said after snapping the photograph. "Board the plane in gate 3D, and you'll be on your way."
She nodded, heading off in the proper direction.

~

Landing on the Island Xanthye, she was happy to find a barren slice of land, ready for development. Vowing never to alienate her villagers again, she unhesitatingly took up the position as Island Representative, ready for a new adventure.

Last edited:
a/n: swapping to first-person perspective for future entries, I think it fits much nicer.

Part+ 1 - This Seems Familiar...
On the second day, I woke up with incredibly stiff shoulders.
Agh! Could I get a bed? Maybe some fluffy pillows to go with it... maybe?

I quickly rushed to Tom Nook's tent to complain about not having a proper house, bed, and flooring.

"I need to study the wildlife on this island. After all, this is uncharted territory we're dealing with," he said, after some initial discussion.
Impatiently, I waited for him to get to the point.
"I'll need you to catch five bugs and five fish for me."

"Do you have like... a net or anything I could use for that?"
"Oh no, of course not!" Tom Nook pompously said. "On this island, we have to make everything ourselves. You see, there's this DIY table here. With these instructions, you can make your own flimsy net and fishing rod!"
"Mister Nook, normally such tools being flimsy is not a benefit..."
I missed dearly my golden net and rod, wishing that I had enough space in my bag to fit them.
But alas, I did not.

Begrudgingly, I set out on my first day on this new island, in this new world.

~
Flimsy tools are
the.
absolute.
worst.

I swing at a single butterfly and catch it, but the next one I manage to miss a few times, as the springy nature of the net does not grant quite the reach that I am accustomed to.
Nevertheless, I manage to catch 5 different bugs.

Fishing, however, was quite the different story. I'm normally not the biggest fisher myself, but I grappled with my equipment in extreme frustration.
Sea bass after sea bass, I did finally manage to pull five unique fish, as Mr. Nook had requested.
The rod itself, however, a bundle of twigs tied together with string, was nearly fallen apart.

~
"Yes yes, thank you so much for your help," Mr. Nook said when I managed to deliver the bugs and fish to him.
"Right, Mr. Nook. I don't believe that we've had a chance to talk about my home loan yet? I don't plan to stay in a tent forever, so..." I trailed off hopefully.

"Ah well, have you paid off your plane ticket and tenting fees yet?" he asked.
"I believe I di-" I started, and then realized that my bag was incredibly light. Where were my bells?
"Ah, Miss Calle, the bells from Candla City wouldn't be of much use here, so they disappeared when you arrived."
"What the-" I started, heck?
"No worries, though. You can pay off your first home loan with a measly five thousand Nook Miles! Check your phone for details, yes yes!"
I checked my phone. The interface had completely changed, and... it wasn't very useful as a phone anymore.
To begin with, how do I make calls on this thing?
I did quickly locate the app that Mr. Nook was talking about, the Nook Miles App.
"As you see," he said before waiting for me to respond, "you've been earning Nook Miles for various tasks, like the bugs and fish you caught, items you've crafted, and more."
"Five thousand of these is pretty cheap," I said. "What's the catch?"
"Well, your next home loan will be paid off in bells, earned on this island, Miss Calle. Don't try to collect from Candla City."
I frowned, somewhat annoyed, but accepted, since I was almost done with the first loan anyways.

"Ah, here are some recipes for the flimsy axe and watering can!"
"There's no flowers to be seen aside from the ones on the cliff... are you expecting me to climb up barehanded?!"
"No worries, you can buy some seeds from Timmy, right there."
I groaned. I didn't have a single bell on me, and I was already indebted to the Nook Family.
Again.

"Oh, before you go again, do you mind setting up a tent for Blathers? He finds the wildlife on this island worth studying."
It's similar to what we had back in Candla City, though?

Last edited:
Part 2 - Finding New Friends.

"Now that we've settled in a bit, why not think about building some new houses, hm?" Nook said.
"I assume you'll want me to decide things again, then?" I said, only somewhat annoyed. At least the faint memory of Lopez's move-in destroying a forest that I had painstakingly made or Vesta moving right in front of the bridge could stay that way - a faint memory.

"Yes, yes. And to make them more welcome, you should DIY some furniture for the houses so that we can have them pre-built and pre-furnished!"
"..."
"I think about three homes would suffice for now. You should also provide some basic furniture and oh - " he turned to pull out his phone. "I'm sending you the DIY recipe for a ladder, which you can use to get the flowers growing on the cliffs."
"And why couldn't I have had this recipe before-"
"Once you'd like to place a plot, please come see me again."

In frustration at Tom Nook's occasionally questionable methods, I ran off to place plots for the new homes.

-pt 2 is wip-
>> I'll probably skip to event journals and then eventually when I catch up, I hope to somehow give more regular updates.

Part 3 - The Cherry Blossom Festival

It came as a surprise, when I awoke one morning to Isabelle's announcement, stepped outside, and suddenly, as if a bad prank had happened overnight, the trees were covered in pink. It was this sort of Alice in Wonderland feeling, where the trees I knew were green just an hour prior had suddenly turned at the announcement of spring.

None of the villagers walking about seemed to question this development, so I hesitated to do the same, feeling calmed as a light breeze of cherry blossoms blew through my hair.

Spring is here. And right outside the doorstep of resident services was a terrifying sight.

Zipper was back.

- not sure I'll be adding to this part much. -

Back