• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Brush Your Teeth Before or After Breakfast?

i don't eat breakfast. i usually only eat one big thing a day...
however i tend to brush my teeth first thing in the morning so, i guess before? aha

I mostly only brush my teeth in the evening but IF I brush in the morning it would be after breakfest. If I do it before everything I eat tastes like toothpaste and that's absolutely disgusting.

I always brush my teeth after I eat breakfast. No need to brush my teeth before a meal only to have food plaque on it again when I eat.

Always after, that’s what I was taught to do by my father who is a dentist :)

I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do I always leave teethbrushing for after! Because otherwise anything I eat will just taste bad and minty;;

I brush my teeth before breakfast and at night
sometimes I do forget to do it in the morning

- - - Post Merge - - -

I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do I always leave teethbrushing for after! Because otherwise anything I eat will just taste bad and minty;;

you should try any drinks with a minty breath because its just weird and feel more refreshing and idk why.
I'm not saying its good for your teeth

I brush before eating breakfast.

I get disgusted knowing I'm swallowing my night time germs with my food lol

I always brush my teeth after having breakfast, I'd prefer not to taste the toothpaste while I eat. Bleh.

I brush my teeth at night before I go to bed ?_?

People have such strong opinions about teeth brushing like dang.

I had never heard anyone say that they brush before breakfast until this thread, wow

I brush twice o//o

before because all that overnight stuff is kind of gross
and you wouldn't want to taste morning breath!

after because I like the feeling of clean teeth and so I can make sure there's nothing on my teeth when I talk

how embarassing would it be if you opened up your mouth and there was a small thing that you didn't know about?
or if there was something you couldn't smell about your breath?

:(

before. the toothpaste will protect your teeth from whatever you're eating for breakfast, which is especially important if you're having something acidic like coffee, tea, orange juice, or something sugary look fruit and yogurt. if you brush thoroughly, use mouthwash, and drink water after you eat you won't have a problem with bad breath afterwards.

Last edited:
No I dont, just at night. Gonnagetsomehateforthiseep.
I brush mine at night and floss/mouthwash in the morning. I don’t eat breakfast so to brush them again seems dumb, but I also mouth breathe at night so I get morning breath.

Back