• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Postal service losing your packages and letters, did it already happen to you?

Do your regular postal service lose your packages and letters?

• once or twice

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • 2-5 times

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 5-10 times

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 10+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Never

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I lost them with another service

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Aniko

Bells
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
I know that stuff happens, they lack resources and all but it's still infuriating.

I think it happened more than 10 times with Canada post, packages from stores, that were luckily insured, but once it was the last item in store, so I couldn't order it again. They lost packages from friends, one of them sent me a special edition book that cost more than $60, lost. But where it stresses me the most is official documents, like when the government wants you to send forms or whatever and gives you a short delay but the post loses it... I got in troubles because of that and it wasn't even my fault. Once I had to send the same form thrice! Two weeks ago I sent two letters at the same time, but didn't hear about the second letter yet...Someone told me today that it took more than a month for a letter in the same city. Stressing again...

Sometimes my packages go to the neighbors and I get their bills instead

Last edited:
No issue with the postal service, but we live on a property with my aunt. She regularly opens our stuff or takes it and we never see it again.

I don't think she's being malicious, just negligent. We tried talking to her about it, but she gets defensive, upset, or angry. It does no good.

All deliveries go to her side. Meaning we have to track our exact delivery time to make sure we get them first. Still feels awkward walking over there.

No issue with the postal service, but we live on a property with my aunt. She regularly opens our stuff or takes it and we never see it again.

I don't think she's being malicious, just negligent. We tried talking to her about it, but she gets defensive, upset, or angry. It does no good.

All deliveries go to her side. Meaning we have to track our exact delivery time to make sure we get them first. Still feels awkward walking over there.
Wow, it happened with my neighbors but it was accidental. It"s a peculiar situation.

It happened to me a few times before! Once my mother ordered an Animal Crossing New Leaf sticker book for me since ACNL is my fave but it never came in haha. About a month later they emailed her and said it got lost in the mail and sent a refund. I ordered another one about a year later and it came in! Its definitely my favorite activity book because its super cute, creative, and just fun! LINK IF U GUYS ARE INTERESTED 🎉

Recently my Nintendo amiibo package got delayed though! It was stuck at the post office for two weeks before delivery 😭📦

yes, both things i've received and sent out. it's very frustrating, especially when i send out hand-made things that can't be easily replaced. thankfully all the times this has happened to me the packages have been recovered. it's still a very nerve wracking experience though!

A few months ago some of my mail was being returned for address not existing or something like that. I only knew it was happening because my family had christmas cards returned and an ebay seller contacted me as well. I contacted USPS and they later told me it was a worker filling in for the regular person.

I wonder how much other mail was returned that I didn't know about.

*knocks on wood* I have yet to have a package or mail get lost.

yes, both things i've received and sent out. it's very frustrating, especially when i send out hand-made things that can't be easily replaced. thankfully all the times this has happened to me the packages have been recovered. it's still a very nerve wracking experience though!
Lucky you! They never recovered mine and I had to talk with different people, they just sent me from a post to another until I get tired.

It’s only happened once to me. It was delivered to the wrong address and the person who it was delivered to brought it to my house.

Lucky you! They never recovered mine and I had to talk with different people, they just sent me from a post to another until I get tired.
thats so frustrating :( seems like theyd rather just pawn you off to someone else than deal with the mess they made

OHHHHHHHHHHHH yes it has. lost a $200 dress in the mail that was thankfully insured. lost stickers, figurines, keychains etc. happens at least like 2-3 times a year and i HATE IT

Not me, but on one memorable occasion someone ordered some yugioh cards to my house and the envelope was delivered in a big plastic bag with a typed explanation from Canada Post taped to it being like “we found it like this lol sorry”. The envelope was torn open in the outline of the cards and empty. I just imagined tearing into some mail thinking you’re gonna steal some money and you get Polymerization instead.

This happens to me all the time and it's awful! Happens mostly with letters and my medical supplies. The company that I have to order supplies from is always having issues where they just forget that I ordered them too. It sucks when I'm running out of supplies and the order doesn't make it in time so I just have to make do without them. Worst example- around 2 months ago I had to send back a defective insulin pump to get it exchanged for a new one (it cost over $5,000 and bricked within the first month of having it). UPS just contacted me last week to say that they lost it. Bruh. I'm so thankful that I have an insurance plan that covers that kinda stuff.

a few times that i can remember. once, i'm pretty sure something i ordered from wish never arrived, but that's not unexpected. fortunately it was cheap. the other time, my pc was misdelivered and "missing" for over a week. turns out the courier, for whatever reason, gave it to a house on the complete other end of the street, so we never thought to check with them the way we would have with immediate neighbors, and they have a high garden wall, so when we went around looking for houses that matched the driver's bad proof of delivery photo, we didn't see theirs. courier company claimed it had been delivered to me and then took two weeks to send me/the pc company the exact location of the delivery when they could've just sent it the day the package was incorrectly delivered 😔 total pain, but at least i got it in the end.

other than that, when i was nine, my trumpet instructor sent off a tape for my grade exam or something, and it went missing in the post so i never got the certificate lmao, and i think just recently, the questionnaires i sent in for my autism assessment went missing, too. i had to refill them in online.

Not me, but on one memorable occasion someone ordered some yugioh cards to my house and the envelope was delivered in a big plastic bag with a typed explanation from Canada Post taped to it being like “we found it like this lol sorry”. The envelope was torn open in the outline of the cards and empty. I just imagined tearing into some mail thinking you’re gonna steal some money and you get Polymerization instead.
It happened to me as well, at least twice, once it was a just a card but it was in a plastic bag no envelope and another time it was a box with various things, but someone had opened it and took a few things,

My sister.had a box of items for me and my mum, and had her friend post it but it never came.
Because it wasnt us we couldnt do much and we lost it all.

Another thing lost was something i ordered from japan but it never came, they refunded me but i was more upset about not getting the item.

My sister.had a box of items for me and my mum, and had her friend post it but it never came.
Because it wasnt us we couldnt do much and we lost it all.

Another thing lost was something i ordered from japan but it never came, they refunded me but i was more upset about not getting the item.
Stuff from Japan often get stolen, My packages from there all disappeared in Vancouver. Then I saw similar collectibles appear on Ebay the same day in that area, always wondered if it was mine.

Stuff from Japan often get stolen, My packages from there all disappeared in Vancouver. Then I saw similar collectibles appear on Ebay the same day in that area, always wondered if it was mine.
Ebay is where I got it actually, it was just a lil charm from a very unknown anime i love. ;_;
Its so sad to hear that though.

Back