• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are you obsessed with the "Flyover"?

tbh i don't really care about my flyover because i don't visit others often enough to see it 😅
plus it goes over my least favourite part of my island so that's great haha

but when i do visit other people, i love seeing their islands
it's amazing how unique each one is since everyone is so creative 😊

I don't decorate with the flyover in mind. Since I stuck pretty closely to my original map's layout, I'd say a good 2/3 to 3/4 of the island is flat ground with no cliffs. When I do watch the flyover, it honestly looks kinda ugly imo, but if I like how it looks when you're on the ground, I honestly don't care about how it looks in the air.

I think my flyover is mostly pretty cute, since the whole area near the resident services is the part I'm most proud of and it's the one that's mostly featured in the flyover, but I've never really thought about that before!

Most of my "flyover" is of resident services but I have definitely still put in some effort in to making it look okay. I want the flyover to give a good impression of what the vibe of my island is which I think I have achieved. Having someone come over to your island for a trade and ask to explore the island based on a nice flyover is a big compliment in my books.

I think about it sometimes, mostly because I have a ton of hybrid flowers on my island and a not-insignificant amount of them are in the flyover's field of vision. They're not particularly organized, so it's not the most appealing first impression.

That said, I also don't care all that much. I play the game for myself rather than to impress others; my island's more natural, I don't have elaborate paths and neighborhoods or anything like a lot of other islands. My island wouldn't win any popularity contests or anything, but I like it, so that's enough for me. I'll get around to culling some of the flowers because I personally find them a bit annoying to look at and it's something I want to do, separate from any concerns about flyover impressions, but if it has the added bonus of making it look nicer for visitors then that's cool too, I suppose.

I am sooo obsessed with the flyover... on other people's islands!

Mine, no. Most of that part of the island is owned/decorated by another player, and he turned it into a swamp.

But I really love flying over other islands and seeing how they are decorated.
I feel super similar! I love seeing other people's flyovers, but I don't love mine. Though I guess it is good luck that the place where I stash all my flowers while I rearrange my island is not on the flyover screen, at least!

Not at all. It flies over my town shopping plaza, which I consider to be one of my favorite parts of my island, but it was unintentionally planned that way.

Love the feature itself though.

When I first got the game I wanted to have a giant picture on the ground of a husbando i was obsessed with at the time. Which I did! But after a while it bugged me how much pattern space he took up so. So I got rid of it and now my fly over is pretty plain, just paths and forests. But I don’t mind that much

I don't have many friends that continue to play AC:NH anymore. However, are you telling me that "flyover" scene is always the same and that the scene always depicts the same section of your island?

I don't have many friends that continue to play AC:NH anymore. However, are you telling me that "flyover" scene is always the same and that the scene always depicts the same section of your island?

Yes, I believe the plane always goes from certain coordinates (not sure what they are, but on my one island it's something like the line between B&C and the line between 5&6 on the map--where it starts I think depends on the distance to the airport) to the airport. For example, on my one island, it always starts at Purrl's house, then flies over a garden area, then a plaza in front of resident services, then gets to the airport.

I've always put more effort into designing my entrance and making my map look visually interesting. I’ve never actually thought about decorating to make the flyover presentable, though it is a visitor’s first impression.

I love my flyover sections. It is always my favorite part to decorate. Right now, my flyover is on a little neighborhood around a pond.

Back