• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you ever get overwhelmed with NH?

Honestly, at the very beginning I did get overwhelmed because there was SO MUCH STUFF to do.

I think one of the first things I remember doing after I got my tent set up, was to get a garbage can and start chucking all the flowers that I didn't want in there and keeping some of them. It was also daunting to do the terraforming since I couldn't reset like I did in ACNL when it didn't work the way I wanted it to.

I don't really get overwhelmed with Animal Crossing games when actually playing them and my main New Horizons island is no exception. I just kind of take things easy, go with the flow. I don't really terraform much and don't utilize path patterns to extravagantly decorate, so there isn't much to be overwhelmed by.

That said, I got a second Switch and a second copy of the game last year because I came up with a concept for an island that I think will be cool. I've been too paralyzed by indecision to start it. I don't know what to name the island and that's kept me from doing anything with it. I've really been feeling the urge to start recently. Hopefully I can decide on what to call it soon.

I got extremely overwhelmed when I designing my New Horizons castle town. I felt like there were too many possibilities and I didn't like anything I created. I had to put it down for probably about six-eight months before I picked it up again with new ideas and then everything went relatively fast. There are still areas I want to improve but its far less overwhelming when I work in sections rather than the island as a whole.

As someone who was an avid New Leaf player, I had basically played that game inside an out. I was never bored, and inspiration never ran out.

However... there's something about New Horizons.. where when I go to plan out my island, and how I want it to look, and decorate, I feel more overwhelmed than when I planned my New Leaf towns?

Maybe NH has a wider collection of furniture and items, and I can't figure out how to decorate with them?

Maybe people have created these elaborate islands where I feel like any island I create would be mediocre to those islands?

I never felt like this playing New Leaf!!! Tell me someone else feels the same?
Can't relate because I actually restarted my New Leaf town (probably more than 10 times) more than my New Horizons island (one time).

I think the only time I get overwhelmed in NH now is if there's a big NH activity to do on TBT.. like that Halloween Dream Address activity, I had a lot of items to order, a lot of re-arranging to do, a lot of designs to search for.

Other than that though my island is basically finished so there's not much to get overwhelmed about. I kinda miss it

Back