• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are you obsessed with the "Flyover"?

maria110

Bells
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
What I mean is, do you fret or fuss about the appearance of the part of your island that is seen when flying in to the airport? I'm not exactly obsessed with it but I like it to look presentable. However, I haven't achieved anything like the fancy islands that have formal, palatial plazas, elaborate waterfalls, and such.

On my most recently reset island, I was just noticing that I'm really happy with how the island is shaping up except that part of it. It's rather boring.

Not so much. For awhile it was a land of nothingness and while I do enjoy seeing other people's islands during the descent, I never felt worried with mine.

Partly because I enjoy other areas of my island more but I did some terraforming over the fly over and I'm happy how it looks.

This is what it looks like now
EsaLqXGUUAA-HKb

I'm nowhere near that stage of the game, but I do think about it when I have visitors (for trades). It's quite bare right now, I haven't touched that part of my island yet, is it a straight line from the top right corner? They probably fly over the museum and the plaza which I'm slowly surrounding by a market.

I don't really bother with it too much. I just let it be what it looks like! I believe it's about where I have my music area, which is fine by me :)

I honestly couldn’t tell you what part of my Island is the “fly over” part maybe I’m the most I un observant person ever. So I guess the answer would be a no for me. Although I do like to decorate, I only decorate for myself so if I’m happy with the way my Island looks that’s all that matters.

Last edited:
Not really, my main town kinda just ended up flying over a decent area. Most that would be checking out my island for design would probably be through the dream aspect anyways as that's how I would share it...so the flyover is pretty irrelevant for that.

My second town I'm kinda in an awkward point of either deconstructing/terraforming from nothing or resetting entirely for a different map...bc I just feel it's too close to my main town's map.

Not really. For my island, I think that the "fly over" part shows the area below Residential Services and Nooks Cranny. That area is often used for large trades, so I usually have to put away the decorations that I have there.

Not really. It'd be neat if we could change the direction of it, though. It currently goes over my museum/dig site which is fine. But I'd love if I could make it fly over my forest instead. But it really doesn't cross my mind much, and I get complimented on it anyway, lol

What flyover?

Never seen one.

Then again, I don't visit anyone.
It's what it's called when you fly into an island- you see someone else's when visiting them and then you see yours when returning home.

i do enjoy trying to make that part of my island look pleasing to the people coming in to trade with me. i always have the pink neon diner sign out somewhere and the first time i tried, i put the floor lights out to try and make it colorful

then i changed it to waterfalls, then to my museum.... now it is perfectly on my crescent moon island and i love it

It’s not something I’ve ever thought about tbh. When it comes to visitors the only thing I care about is my island being easy to navigate. Whether or not my island looks nice to others is irrelevant to me. Lol

At this point in time I don't really care about it. I haven't focused too much on decorating, and more on collecting. Right now, my flyover will show you my hundreds of blue roses and randomly plated bamboo and bell trees. I'm not fussed at all about the appearance. Once I start focusing on decorating, which will be after I've played a full year and collected everything, I will put more effort into it :)

I didn't focus on it all too much. my neighbourhood area has ended up being the bulk of the flyover area so I suppose it could be a lot worse! you can immediately see all my villagers roaming around and stuff. I do want to redo my entrance area, although that's perhaps not as obvious in the flyover as it is as soon as you step out of the airport

The flyover is my favourite part of visiting other people’s islands 😊 Normally visits are for short trades so it’s all you really see. I must admit that I did change my island around a bit when I saw my own flyover. Compared to the stunning islands I was seeing, it was bland, boring and really looked awful. I am pretty happy with it now and have had a few kind people commenting that it looks nice 🙂

i wouldn’t say that i’m obsessed with it but i’d definitely like for it to look nice! haven’t spent much time working on it, though. 😅

Honestly on my first island I really didn't think about the flyover when terraforming. I just sort of did my thing and after I built my museum right where it pans over I knew immediately I had made a good choice. Thankfully my design worked out to allow me to have a nice flyover shot! The second time around I've been hyperaware of this and now have analysis paralysis about what to put in the spot it flys over, haha.

No. Only because it unnecessarily forces everyone to sit on the waiting screen. Nothing is loading or saving during that scene, so we'd all be better off without it.

I am sooo obsessed with the flyover... on other people's islands!

Mine, no. Most of that part of the island is owned/decorated by another player, and he turned it into a swamp.

But I really love flying over other islands and seeing how they are decorated.

A little bit, I’m very messy and leave items thrown about. I try to place them in places that won’t show in the flyover.
If I know I’m goin to terraform on that area, I try not to do trades and such that day, so people don’t think my island is ugly.

Back