• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Are you an optimist or pessimist?

• Optimist

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Pessimist

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters

Yui Z

Free hugs xoxoxo
Bells
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Waluigi Easter Egg
Red Feather
Red Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
July Birthstone (Ruby)

Optimist: Always looks on the bright side of life, or 'looks at the glass half full'.

Pessimist: Looks on the bad side of life, or 'looks at the glass half empty'.

Which one are you??

As for me, I'm definitely an optimist... Always looking on the bright side of life xP

Last edited:
Gee, what an offensive graphic. Using the r word? Seriously?

Anyway, I'd say I fluctuate between the two.

i like to look at things optimistically, but i think im more of a realist if anything.

Optimist, usually. But sometimes I'm a pessimist and look for the worst in people.

I'm not sure really... I guess it would be for others to decide. :confused:

I really dunno xL Most of the time my attitude is ''whatever'' so I'm not really either. I lean mostly to the realist side

It's half-empty.

I don't want to pick up the cup again and be disappointed when I see that there's nothing left to drink. Getting your hopes up about something leads to disaster, and if I can avoid it, I will.

It's half-empty.

I don't want to pick up the cup again and be disappointed when I see that there's nothing left to drink. Getting your hopes up about something leads to disaster, and if I can avoid it, I will.

This is pretty much my view on things 90% of the time.

Chose optimist. Cause there's no realist answer in the poll.

Last edited:
pessimist

I might be super thirsty and want a full drink of water but I can't because there's only freaking half and ill have to die of thirst while I refill it

also technically half full is more depressing than half empty because they're half complete and it actually highlights the emptiness more, but half empty highlights the fullness. half incomplete brings forth the potential of full completion more than half complete does.

Pessimist. :(

A lot of people think I'm an optimist and I always try to be whenever I'm around others. I try to be optimistic for other people to make them happy yet I actually fail at making myself happy. Ironic, huh?

Last edited:
I'm the person who looks at the glass of water and says...damn I'm thirsty -takes the water and drinks it-

but yeah on that note of the question at hand, I am mostly an optimist, even though there is bad in this world that we call our home, I always remember that there is also good and that not everyone is bad, I use to be a huge pessimist but that only made my depression worse, so over time I as a grew up I started to developed a more optimistic view on life and now I am much happier then I use to be while I still do get depression ((comes with the Bipolar package)) I'm not as negative as I use to be or that *****y lol. I'm also very laid back as hell now and not much really bothers me so that helps my optimistic behavior a lot.

also, it's best if I remain an optimistic person,I loose friends when I'm a pessimist especially close friends
I get really attached to people I love, and loosing just one close friend causes me to break down, so I will
remain an optimist so my friends will stay..​

Last edited:
100% realist.

Like, who cares if the glass is half full or half empty. That's the amount of water you got, deal with it.

Last edited:
100% realist.

Like, who cares if the glass is half full or half empty. That's the amount of water you got, deal with it.
Pft, oh my goodness. This is the most accurate answer i've seen on this thread, HA!

Realist for the most part, but I am more pessimistic than optimistic if that makes sense.

Back