• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Are you an optimist or pessimist?

• Optimist

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Pessimist

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters
I think it does me no favors to be any of the three. I am more pragmatic. Maybe I can't change how much water I have, but it's worth trying to, as opposed to trying to frame it as a positive or negative or unchangeable-so-I'd-better-deal situation. If I can't change it, maybe there is a next best solution I could try. I understand some things won't change, that some solutions take time, but the other three feel like settling.

Last edited:
Pfft pessimist on a daily basis and optimist when im in a good mood. Lauf c:

Neither I am just a *****.

And the glass is always half full and this is why

Look at it like a math equation.
If the glass was empty, it would equal 0 (0%)
If the glass was full it would equal 100 (100%)

So if the glass is "half empty" -----> half of empty
In math terms "of" means multiply
Thus the equation for the glass being half empty is; 1/2 x 0 = 0
And it can't equal 0 because as we said 0 means that there is nothing in the glass, and there clearly is

That is why the glass is always half full, because "half full" ------> half of full
1/2 x 100 = 50

Which is possible because that is the amount of water in the glass

I regret nothing

Last edited:
Pessimist about practically everything, though somehow I'm always the one being optimistic for my friends. I wonder if I'm just not looking at the bad things hard enough.

HAHA I like the IMG and how Realistic look xD

My friend told me that I'm optimistic in a way that I usually try and find the good in people, even when they let me down... but I can be pessimistic about my attitudes towards myself. I checked "optimist" though.

im definitely a pessimist because my hot cheeto bag is always half empty and i get sad

- - - Post Merge - - -

but im more of a realist cuz nothin gets realer than REALITY

I feel that I'm more of a pessimist but also optimistic. More so, on the side of the pessimistic. I think I have friends who are realists or optimistic. Of course, I have one friend who's really optimistic and just is way opposite of me. Sometimes I wish I can see the bright side of things but I hate it when I have my hopes become too high and really dashed. So always trying to be downer and not too up all the time (if that makes sense). But then again, I feel indecisive too because I feel like I can be both but I feel like I'm slowly becoming optimistic and trying not to be pessimistic. So for now, maybe half and half?

I like to stay realistic in the majority of the situations in my life. I look at life hoping for the best, but I stay aware of the bad things that could happen in life and attempt to prepare for the worst. (However my preparations don't always.. go through) I can understand why optimists see things the way that they do, and I can understand why pessimists see things as they way that they do, but I can never directly relate to either side of the spectrum.

..Yeah I'm a super neutral person. Overall I'm quite happy and content in life, minus my different flaws and various fears.

Last edited:
Pessimist.
I don't look forward to anything, unless I get something out of it.
I'm done doing other people's ****.

But then...
also a realist, I guess.
What's happened, has happened, and will happen (?)

Pessimist.
I don't look forward to anything, unless I get something out of it.
I'm done doing other people's ****.

But then...
also a realist, I guess.
What's happened, has happened, and will happen (?)

hahaha, thats pretty much what I think about everything :p

Realist. But if I had to choose, I lean over just a little to Pessimist.
I look at whatever is the most realistic choice.

Back