• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters
I am scared of spiders, especially those massive ones that we have in the garage.. brrrr :s

However, when I see a small spider on the wall, I like to send a picture to my boyfriend and ask him why he's sending spiders to me again to spy on the work I'm doing in the home. :p (we are renovating, so I act like the spiders are getting send by him to make quality checks :v )

Sort of. I'm not afraid of most spiders (and I love jumping spiders!), but I really don't like spiders that resemble Black Widows because of the danger. Thankfully, most of those types of spiders I've encountered are Brown Widows, but they still put me on edge.

I'm petrified of any kind of spider, even the tiny ones - I can't even look at pictures of them. I can't remember when my phobia started, but it's getting worse :']

I was scared of them for years, literally panicked whenever one those little monsters were around me. However, since the pandemic, I actually defeated my fear for them... well, sort of. I still hate the bigger ones, but the small ones are not a huge deal anymore for me. I even started to save them whenever my cats attacking them or if one hangs out at the sink and is about to get flushed away. I'm surprised by myself, because it just happened from one day to another.

no I actually like them, in fact my favorite animal is the jumping spider I find them to be super adorable <3

I also really like Tarantulas and would like to get one someday preferably a a Mexican red knee Tarantula

Last edited:
i dont like them in my home, and ill definitely shake all of my limbs if i walk through a web. but i dont think id say im afraid of them. theyre cool, and some are even a little cute.

i'm not necessarily afraid of them, but i don't like em either. i'd prefer them to stay away but if i see one in a corner i'll leave it alone.

I used to be really afraid of spiders but now that I live on my own, I don't see them often. I think partly because I'm a clean freak so there aren't other types of bugs so there's nothing to attract any spiders? I do occasionally see some of those small, wispy looking spiders but I just let them be now because they can be helpful. If it's a black, thicc monstrosity, I'll feel uneasy having it in my home and I'll either kill it with lots of screaming or relocate it if I'm really feeling generous. I think there's something in our monkey brain that knows that spiders are DANGEROUS and that's why so many of us are afraid of them.

I don't really care if I see them from a distance. If they're not hurting me, why should I hurt them? I just let the spiders do their own thing. They may be able to catch tiny bugs I didn't even know in the process. Thanks, spiders!

Yes, I don't like any type of bug (even "pretty" ones like butterflies), but I respect them since I know they have a purpose within their ecosystems. I just don't like them on me or in my house lol

Moved to Australia so now I have to be a bit more weary of them.

My husband has a much worse arachnophobia though. Ironically the first time he was bit by a venomous spider was when he visited me in the USA!

I guess it depends. Little ones don't bother me (like money spiders), and are actually quite cute. Bigger ones are creepy and although I might be spooked, I should be able to deal with them. I actually find tarantulas and similar less scary than larger household variants with thinner legs.

there are certain spiders I hate, like huntsman and wolf spiders
I think jumping spiders are cute, and I don't mind cool-looking garden spiders, like the wasp spider

Mostly no, but I'm sure there are some that would freak me out if I ever came across them in person. I usually like seeing them when they're outside and if I see one in the hallway or something I'll let it hang out, but if I see one in my room or anywhere near the kitchen I'll bring it outside because I do fear them being by my food lol

It's quite funny, because I used to be terrified of them, and would squish them or try and get rid of them. Then I started leaving them alone and hoping they'd leave, and now, with some thanks to Animal Crossing of all things, I actually catch them and get rid of them. Granted, if they don't go in the cup or whatever I'm using to catch them in, or if they scuttle along, I'll freak but I'm not too bad. I actually, when I get the chance to go to a zoo again or something want to try holding a tarantula thanks to Animal Crossing :'D

I have a love/hate relationship with spiders. I like the ones that are domesticated(tarantulas, etc), but I hate the invasive ones that come into your homes during the warmer months. I try to avoid squishing anything and just doing the release method outside, but as soon as one starts coming at me I go into fight or flight and 90% of the time you'll hear a high pitched feminine scream come from me and I'll usually smash it. Haha. So yeah. Love/hate.

Back