DIY Tarantula Island

Cetoddle769

I also play Pokemon
Bells
A few days ago I decided it would be a good idea to do my own DIY Tarantula Island. I doubted that I would land on the actual one, so I just settled on one that had a decent chance of spawning Tarantulas. So I arrived, and I spent the next 15 or so minutes clearing the island. While doing this, I was paranoid I was gonna run into a tarantula, but I didn’t. Now, I’ve never been a huge fan of spiders to begin with. Knowing that giant, hairy spiders exist doesn’t help. I don’t have arachnophobia, but I personally think that tarantulas are disgusting. They’re even more scary than Scorpions because they can jump and, ew, raise up their front legs when they’re aggressive. Even though they’re still terrifying, I prefer scorpions. I can’t wait until May starts. I need one for my museum lol. Anyway, after the island was clear, I started looking for tarantulas, scaring away any wharf roaches and tiger beetles that I saw. About a minute later I saw a tarantula. It was sort of unexpected cuz my brain went into panik mode. I tried to catch it (I know the method) but I was still freaking out so I ended up getting stung. I decided it wasn’t worth it so I went home. Sorry that this is a long read, I just wanted to explain what happened. Lesson learned, making your own tarantula island is a bad idea unless you don’t get scared easily. As a bonus, I caught a giant water bug, which I needed for my museum. I know having text on the photos is corny, but I didn’t actually scream in real life, I just quietly freaked out. Again, sorry this is so long. I wasn’t anticipating that it would be this wordy. Enjoy the bonus pictures. ik they’re corny. :p (I was also wearing the Big Bells Rancho hoodie for good luck. Not my custom design. Credit goes to original creator.)
IMG_6499.jpeg
IMG_6500.jpeg
IMG_6501.jpeg
IMG_6502.jpeg

ik spawn rates were reduced back in 2020, but has anyone else managed to catch a lot of tarantulas this way?

This reminds me of that time someone else talked about a similar method here, except they encountered a bunch of emperor butterflies on their end instead of tarantulas or scorpions.

Next time you run into a tarantula, stay calm and take a few deep breaths. I know you’re scared of tarantulas, but keep in mind that the ones in New Horizons are only in a video game. Encountering them there is a lot safer than seeing them IRL, personally.

And I don’t think your screenshots are corny. I saw them and I thought they were pretty funny! Um, if that offended you, then I’m sorry.

It’s been awhile since I have tried this. I might try again when I have more time . I had pretty good luck getting them even though I did freak out each time I saw one. I have never liked the tarantulas but have gotten pretty good at catching them. Every once in awhile one still catches me by surprise and I get stung.

This reminds me of that time someone else talked about a similar method here, except they encountered a bunch of emperor butterflies on their end instead of tarantulas or scorpions.

Next time you run into a tarantula, stay calm and take a few deep breaths. I know you’re scared of tarantulas, but keep in mind that the ones in New Horizons are only in a video game. Encountering them there is a lot safer than seeing them IRL, personally.

And I don’t think your screenshots are corny. I saw them and I thought they were pretty funny! Um, if that offended you, then I’m sorry.
Thanks!

Back