• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you a light sleeper, or a heavy sleeper?

It depends. In the morning, I'm a pretty deep sleeper, but sometimes at night I'll wake up easily.

i think i must be a pretty heavy sleeper, i rarely ever wake up during the night, if i do i'm able to fall asleep again instantly

I think I'm somewhere in the middle. Like noises from outside don't wake me up but if someone would come into my room I'd definitely hear the footsteps. It largely depends on how much sleep I've gotten the past while though

I used to think I was a heavy sleeper, but I find I wake up for a lot of things. I'm not sure if that's my poor sleep habits, or due to my job. (i have to take calls or go to work in the middle of the night, so have to wake up at a moment's notice sometimes). Sometimes I'm totally exhausted and out easily - people can be snoring, or partying or whatever near me. I also tend to be really bad at putting myself to sleep, so I just fall asleep anywhere. But other times if someone walks by or says my name and I wake up! But the important bit is I'm really good at rolling right over and falling back asleep again =D

I’m sort of in the middle. I don’t wake up too easily yet I still wake up once or twice during the night.

Literally everything wakes me up. If I'm in deep sleep then there's a short period of time when it's less likely to happen, but otherwise something as minor as someone tiptoeing past my room or pouring a glass of water downstairs can disturb me. I'm definitely an insomniac though.

I'm a light sleeper too, I wake up almost every hour for various reasons: noises, light, people talking, too hot, too cold, bad dreams, thirsty, toilet, cramps, etc CATS. I wake up because of the cats quite often, most of the time it's not because they want to play, they just want to come into the room and sleep with me, after giving me a 30 min. massage and hogging the pillow. I wake up at each little noise they can make, like sneezing or purring when they are not just fighting.

I'm a heavy sleeper. I used to wake up to my mom asking me if I heard the thunderstorm outside after sleeping like a baby. I also sleep a lot, like 9 or 10 hours each night. I can sleep whenever, wherever, as long as I'm not standing up, and very few things will wake me up.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle, and I guess it depends on how tired I am. If I'm in a really deep sleep it seems I can sleep through loud noises sometimes, especially if it's something that happens often. One of my old roommates always took a shower in the early hours of the morning and the bathroom is connected to my room, so it's hard to not hear anything. I recall I used to wake up every morning she took one, but over time I guess my body grew accustomed to it because I stopped waking up to it, and if I did it was very rare. I always wake up to my alarm though, and I find that my reflexes are faster than what my brain can process because before I even fully realize it, I'll have turned my alarm off. When I had to share a room with my brother too, he also noted on how fast my reflexes seemed to be, as I would reach to turn off his alarm thinking it was mine. 😅

Back