• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you a light sleeper, or a heavy sleeper?

i wish i was a heavy sleeper. if i hear a strange noise, i'm awake. if the moon shines through my blinds, i'm awake. if there's a loud car or siren outside, you guessed it. :(

I unfortunately fall into the category of light sleeper 😭
What's especially hard though is actually falling asleep; if I can hear any kind of disruptive or annoying sounds I cannot fall asleep to that (unless I'm just completely exhausted), I either need to drown it out or find the source and make it stop

Sometimes I'm able to sleep throughout the night, but due to stress these days it's getting harder for me to get a good night's sleep :/

Heavy sleeper for sure. For a long time I didn't even know my partner snored because I would always fall asleep first and then just sleep through the snoring no problem. Then I picked up some new fun insomnia and learned that he snores SO LOUD that I have to leave the room lol, once I am out though I am out until morning.

Any small noise disrupts my sleep at night, so I'm definitely a light sleeper. I immediately wake up whenever the cats make noise at the middle of the night or if someone is snoring loudly. In addition, bright lights disrupt my sleep a lot, so I tend to fall sleep faster in dark rooms. On top of that, I have trouble falling asleep at night, so I often take melatonin supplements and try to avoid using electronics around bedtime.

Also, I've definitely experienced that "false awakening" before. Like once, when I was a kid, I had a dream that I was watching dolphins at the beach in Hawaii, and suddenly my mom appeared out of nowhere in my dream, telling me to wake up for school. When I woke up, I realized that I was only dreaming, and my mom really was trying to wake me up in the morning to get ready for school.

Normal, I guess.

I don't wake up after I get to sleeping, but actually falling asleep is a difficulty for me. An unexplained creak could set my heart pounding and I'll have to wait like 10 minutes to calm down.

I am actually the lightest sleeper alive. Someone could be whispering 5 miles away and it will wake me up

I think I am in the middle. I don't wake up when I am really in deep sleep and my husband is going out.

Light sleeper more often than not, feel like I’m always waiting for something to wake me up so my mind decides to wake up first. If I’m really exhausted though and haven’t slept well for a long time then sometimes I have a random night of heavy sleep.

Im both, since it depends on how comfortable and warm I am, if Im not comfy Im not gonna sleep very well, I like tots of blankets, and if I dont have at least four laters on me, I can not sleep

But acording to my friends im an annoyimg sleeper because I talk in my sleep xD Which I dont know what I say. Hopefully nothing related to my stories. But yeah. Heavy if ive got tons of blankets, light if I dont

I am a heavy sleeper. My husband is jealous of that because even the slightest noise can wake him up. I can sleep through an earthquake if could and I have, but it was a pretty light tremor though.

I'm a heavy sleeper.
I usually don't wake up to sounds and even slept through my alarm a few times.

I go through phases of both. When I'm under a lot of pressure or stress I'm a light sleeper and anything wakes me up. Last night a mosquito woke me up every so often and I coulnd't find it. Then I have phases when not even the garbage truck, my husband's alarm and neighbours banging their furniture around wake me up.

It depends on how tired I am! I can either be a light or heavy sleeper… xD

I think I'm a light sleeper. I've woken when someone turned on the lights, called my name, and started talking.

Back