• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite movie soundtracks

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
What are your favorite movie soundtracks? I have found that there are songs that I never would have cared for, but when paired with a particular movie scene it makes both the song and the scene memorable. An example for me is the song "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra. Not great, ordinarily in my opinion, but pair it with Baby Groot dancing with complete chaos around him and suddenly it becomes an awesome song!

For me, my all time favorite soundtrack is Pulp Fiction.

I have others, but would love to hear your favorites! They can be anything including musicals, or Disney or any movie with music that hit home for you!

I have a few:

-That Thing You Do!
-Cabaret
-Valley Girl
-My Fair Lady
-American Graffiti
-Hedwig And The Angry Inch
-Jesus Christ Superstar
-Amadeus
-Rock Star
-Quadrophenia
-Tommy
-A Hard Day's Night

I do pay attention to the music in movies, but I've never really given it much thought to listen to the movie's soundtrack all together. ๐Ÿค” I'll have to try that more often, ShawnFuzz! ๐Ÿ’ก The only movie soundtrack I've listened to entirely is Goldeneye 1995 and I remember liking music from The Deer Hunter 1978. (the song Can't Take My Eyes Off of You) Man that movie's somethin', huh? ๐Ÿคฏ (oops, no pun intended with that emoji, lol)

-Jesus Christ Superstar
@Dunny County that's your fave!

That is an underrated but absolutely perfect score and exceptional lyrics. I was in a school production of this and I still remember the solo lines I had, despite merely being in the chorus:

"I believe you can make me well"

"Tell me Christ, how d'ya feel tonight?"

and "I think I've seen you somewhere. I remember! You were with that man they took away, I recognise your FACE!"

Good choice @Nunnafinga

The only movie soundtrack I've listened to entirely is Goldeneye 1995
My real name is Goldeneye!

Not really. It's Goldfinger.

heh growing up i was obsessed with many of the barbie soundtracks, even if they were orchestra songs

one of my favourite movies of all times is coraline and i was soooo thrilled when laika studio restocked the vinyl !!! treated myself to buying it and i do not regret it one bit!

Mine would the the Lord of the Rings trilogy by far. I still get chills listening to so much of the LotR soundtrack even though I've heard those songs countless times by now. Second place would probably go to Pirates of the Caribbean (specifically Curse of the Black Pearl, but that's because I haven't watched the others nearly enough to really remember most of their soundtracks).

I loved the movie Milo and Otis as a child. Now that I know the truth behind it, my heart breaks for all the animal that were abused and killed for the movie ๐Ÿ’” I feel very nostalgic for the scenery and music though. This is my favorite track from it.

suprised no studio ghibli movies have been mentioned. i particularly love howl's moving castle and spirited away. makoto shinkai's movies are also always great like 5cm per second and your name.

everything everywhere all at once, insterstellar, parasite, oppenheimer, inception, encanto, guardians of the galaxy are also some that i enjoyed. i'm probably forgetting some thing tbh.

Another one for me, actually three, is the "Man with no name trilogy". Aka Clint Eastwood being awesome in A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. The music composed by Ennio Morricone is the final touch that make the movies great.

Quentin Tarantino used a lot of the soundtracks from those movies for the Kill Bill movies. Even reused, it is amazing music and makes any movie better.

A Hard Day's Night ( 1964) . I am a big fan of The Beatles. I have watched A Hard Day's Night ( 1964) many times and the soundtrack is in grained in my brain and the quotes. My favorite part of A Hard Day's Night is one where Paul says ZAP!!!! and then falls on the floor seconds later. My younger self loved that and I still love that scene. I probably watched the movie multiple times just for that .

I agree that Pulp Fiction was awesome. Not just the soundtrack, but everything about it.

Forrest Gump also had many songs that my older brother would play in the car. It made me nostalgic.

I think my favorite soundtrack is the one for Gettysburg. I canโ€™t think of other soundtracks since Iโ€™m not big on movies and havenโ€™t seen any for a long time.

Back