• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

anyone play rhythm games?

lenlen

THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY!
Bells
Switch
1296-8885-2497
Winter Mittens
i love playing rhythm games!! my faves are project diva + project mirai + rhythm heaven! anyone else play?

Yep! I've played a ton of different rhythm games. I haven't played the Rhythm Heaven series, but Project Diva/Mirai is great!

My favorite rhythm game series of all-time is Rock Band. I'm also into Rocksmith too, but of course that's certainly much harder since it's real guitar.

rhythm heaven is fun!!! i've only played megamix but it was sooo good i wish i had someone to try out the multiplayer with :( and i've been meaning to try project diva/mirai cuz while i'm not Huge on rhythm games i definitely like vocaloid stuff

OUTSIDE OF THAT...... they're mobile rhythm games so i'm not sure if they're the kinda game you had in mind when making the thread but i (very casually) play bandori and idolmaster cgss! a friend introduced me to them a little bit ago and i can barely keep up with the events in them bc i'm lazy but they're pretty sweet!!!!

ohhh ive never tried rock band or rocksmith... i'd really like to!! they sound rlly cool. and rhythm heaven is a lot different from some other rhythm games but imo its a nice difference! you really have to feel the rhythm there

Hey, someone here who knows The Idolm@ster! I haven't played the mobile games, but I'm a big fan of the main series that's on consoles/handhelds. I actually bought a Japanese Xbox 360 back in the day just to play the original Idolm@ster.

ohh they definitely count!! i used to play llsip awhile back, but i don't much anymore :( i might try idolmaster out!

ohhh ive never tried rock band or rocksmith... i'd really like to!! they sound rlly cool. and rhythm heaven is a lot different from some other rhythm games but imo its a nice difference! you really have to feel the rhythm there

Nice, I'll have to try Rhythm Heaven sometime.

Rocksmith is hard. It's probably flat out the hardest rhythm game there is because, like I said, you play a real guitar. It's sort of half rhythm game, half guitar teacher.

Rock Band is just like Guitar Hero, if you've ever played that. You pick up a plastic instrument controller for guitar/bass parts, use a microphone for vocal parts, and use a special drum controller for the drum parts. The series was super popular like 8-10 years ago. Sadly, people don't really play as much anymore, even though Rock Band 4 is still supported by the developer.

Hey, someone here who knows The Idolm@ster! I haven't played the mobile games, but I'm a big fan of the main series that's on consoles/handhelds. I actually bought a Japanese Xbox 360 back in the day just to play the original Idolm@ster.

yeaaaaa!!! i don't know a thing about the games outside of cgss, but cgss is fun enough that i'd be down to try the console/handheld ones sometime! i'll miss kirari tho :'(

ohh they definitely count!! i used to play llsip awhile back, but i don't much anymore :( i might try idolmaster out!

IDOLMASTER GOOD ..... cgss kind of a hassle to download unfortunately :p
and GOSH i tried love live (that's the love live acronym right???) yeeeearrs ago i think it was the first mobile rhythm game i'd ever played but i was so bad at it omg i still have it on my phone but i don't think i've touched it since my first month of playing

Love Live is actually my other main *thing* besides Animal crossing :) I’ve played both versions for a few years. Also Deresute/Starlight Stage and more recently idolish7 (male idol game). Oh! I was also into Bandori for a while-still love the characters, but I’ve been cutting back on the rhythm games in general. Nowadays I just play english love live and i7

Do the patapon games count? I adore playing those ^-^

HI YES RHYTHM GAMES ARE VERY GOOD
My favorites would probably be the Theatrhythm games, especially Curtain Call. The multiplayer on it can be a complete mess with all of the different statuses being thrown back and forth, but finding a way to counter all of that jank is half the fun :lemon:
Rhythm Heaven is great too ofc, and the most fun way to play it imo (at least Megamix, you can't exactly do this with the DS version or Fever) is wearing headphones, and laying down with your eyes closed. The game has more than enough audiocues so you don't really need to look at it after playing the game for a bit, plus it can help you relax and get into the game better! Also the visual cues can be what trips you up, so you don't have to deal with those if you don't look at them!
I used to like DDR a bit too, but I haven't touched that in years. idk where any of the games or mats are for it though...
And I'm not sure if it counts but Dance Central is great too btw

PARAPPA THE RAPPER IS MY JAM IF THAT COUNTS

Other than that I'm trying to play Squid Beatz on Splatoon but I suck eggs at it.

I haven't had the chance to play many, but I have played Elite Beat Agents on the DS, one of my favourite games ever!
Definitely would love to play more rhythm games.

Rhythm games!!!!!!!
I love to play them. It?s one of my favorite genres of game, especially since I can play them even if I don?t have much time. One song is only about 2-3 min so I can just pick it up, play a song and be done (although it?s far too addicting..)
I?m actually a bit specific about the ones I like. I tried mobile ones like Deemo but I dislike the touch controlls (ok piano tiles was addicting I admit but it still had the same issue). Without the button feedback it feels so unaccurate and those games require different movements than what I?m used to.

Overall, my favorite series is the Project diva one, I still haven?t had the money laying around to get a PS4 just to finally play the arcade version, but I 100% will do that one day (maybe also for Dragon Quest 11...). I enjoyed Project Mirai DX although the 3ds buttons seem to be made for slower, precise inputs and not Project diva-style botton mashing. The game was good, albeit easier than the main series, but the hardware was bothering me a bit.
After I got my vita I tried IA VT colorful. That game seems like a low budget Project Diva to me, I like the gameplay but the overall presentation and game design is not as good (many useful options missing, few customization of the gameplay, the symbols on the screen not layed out in such an interesting yet easily visible way as in the PD games ).
I played the demo of Theatrhythm curtain call a lot and I will definitely get that game one day. The first Theatrhythm was ok but I again disliked the touch controls.

You guys seem to enjoy the idol-based rhythm games a lot. I?m sad to admit that I never got to try them, mostly because I feel that series like The Idolmaster rely on many more mechanics that would require an understanding of the language. I had no issue importing Project diva and getting through the japanese menu, but a game with many other features seems intimidating. I wouldn?t want to just somehow figure out how to skip the character interactions and get to the "rhythm"-part of the gameplay.^^ll

Anyways, I?m glad to see more rhythm game fans out here. I probably didn?t play a lot of the games you guys are talking about, but if you know any that are played with buttons with finger-movements (not wrist etc.), a variety of difficulty settings and overall tight gameplay, please let me know! I never thought I would enjoy rhthm games untill I tried Project Diva f and got addicted so I?m excited to try more^^

Last edited:
Not me, but my younger brother has played games such as Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents.
I'm really bad at rhythm games. I couldn't beat Dedede Drum Dash for 100% completion in Kirby Triple Deluxe and had to get my brother to do it instead. I've also tried to play Rhythm Heaven and things did not go well. Either my sense of rhythm is really bad or I just can't focus.

My bf introduced me to Melody's Escape after I mused about a game that could generate levels for any track and I became obessed with it for a while. The controls are just WASD and arrow keys but it's fast paced for casual players. It has a fun modding community too - I alternate between playing as Garnet, Mordecai, and Ganondorf : p

My bf introduced me to Melody's Escape after I mused about a game that could generate levels for any track and I became obessed with it for a while. The controls are just WASD and arrow keys but it's fast paced for casual players. It has a fun modding community too - I alternate between playing as Garnet, Mordecai, and Ganondorf : p

Oooo this looks like exactly my kind of rhythm game, I'll give it a try for sure!

My favorites would probably be the Theatrhythm games, especially Curtain Call. The multiplayer on it can be a complete mess with all of the different statuses being thrown back and forth, but finding a way to counter all of that jank is half the fun :lemon:

I love Curtain Call. It's fantastic.

Still disappointed that they didn't release the Dragon Quest one outside of Japan. I don't know much about the DQ series or its music, but it probably still would've been a fun time.

Back