• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

anyone play rhythm games?

I love Curtain Call. It's fantastic.

Still disappointed that they didn't release the Dragon Quest one outside of Japan. I don't know much about the DQ series or its music, but it probably still would've been a fun time.

There is a DRAGON QUEST version!?!!!?! (u?Д?) !
Where has this been all my life?!? ahh I once again hate how they treat the west when it comes to DQ - still salty we wont get DQ 11 on 3ds, it looked so amazing...

I haven't played any rhythm games for the DS, unless Dedede's drum dash counts :p
I do like to play the mobile game Cytus though!

I haven't touched a rhythm game since Persona 4 Dancing All Night came out I think. I really like them, but for whatever reason the 3DS rhythm games I tried seemed to never be in sync.

Yeah I've tried some Miku game for PS Vita I got for christmas way back and probably tried one of the Theathrhytm(sp?) demos for 3ds. But yeah I've never been a fan since indeed they are really bad synced with your own movements and gameplay.

And I agree, rhythm and gyro movement gameplay on 3ds is terrible out of sync, you basically have to throw your 3ds around for it to move properly -_- (looking at cha warioware gold)

I play Idolm@ster Million Live Theater Days on my phone. It’s pretty easy rhythm game but it has the cutest waifus. Sometimes I play Deresute, Bang Dream and Love Live SIF.

I've played a bit of osu mania, but I just cant keep up with the button mashing its way to hard on my wrists and it just gets way to fast and hard and isn't fun when my wrists get really tired from a few songs.

I’m a huge Love Live SIF player as well as Bandori c:

(if my profile pic didnt make it obvious)

Used to play Bang Dream and Love Live and a bit of Idolmaster. Not playing it nowadays but maybe I can get back to it.

I’ve played a few but am embarrassingly bad at them. When I watch others make 0 mistakes on some of the hardest difficulties I’m always in awe haha

Project Diva
Love Live!
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Audiosurf
Persona 4: Dancing all Night

...and want to play Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight.

Project Diva/Mirai are my favorites but Beat Saber is super good too! I just get too exhausted LOL

Ooh rhythm games. I much prefer buttons to touchscreen and my favourite series are the DJ Max games.

Touchscreen, probably the now defunct Tsukino Paradise. It's an idol rhythm game but the buttons were so pretty, and carnival mode had (square) notes bounce after it hits... very difficult at first but so fun once you get used to it.

I've also been playing Hypnosis Microphone DRB which mainly has Japanese rap and designed as if you were a DJ w disc scratches and etc. It's... pretty hard. This is one of easier extreme mode songs but just wanted to show those green scratch notes moving the whole space. If that doesn't mess you up then the blue slide notes will.

Other than that, faves include Taiko no Tatsujin, Daigasso Band Brothers, Osu!, Rayark games.

Imas is fun but I'm only familiar with the original group. YukihoP here.

While button based rhythm games are rare nowadays, DJ Max and the Persona Dancing games are a blast. I also recommend Lanota, Deemo, or Cytus 2 if you don’t mind touch controls.

ooh i love rhythm games!! i usually play miku project mirai dx, and i also have hello kitty magic apron which is lesser known (and not very good, but great for when you're frustrated with mirai dx). i still need to get the new miku game on the switch! i also really like the rhythm minigames on super mario party ^^ and for my fellow kpop stans, i recommend the superstar rhythm games which are apps! i usually use jyp superstar, but there is also sm, pledis, starship, woollim, etc. almost forgot, the splatoon 2 beat game is so fun but i'm so bad at it sjskd

Last edited:
I’ve been mostly playing beat saber as my main rhythm game lately 😆 but I really like cytus, voez, & osu! Also not a conventional one, but thumper is pretty cool rhythm game
I’m going to check out some of the ones mentioned here!

I had rhythm heaven on the DS as a kid, and later megamix on the 3ds. I love those games so much.

I used to play this game called frequency on the PS2 when I was younger too, I remember it being a really futuristic rhythm game.

Theres also Rhythm Thief on the 3DS eshop by SEGA, which is like a cross between Professor Layton, Rhythm Heaven, and traditional rhythm games. A physical copy of rhythm thief is actually one of the rarest games on the 3DS.

Rhythm Heaven is great but I'm so bad at it!

I mostly used to play this kind of game in the PSX era, which is a shame because they're hard to emulate now and I miss them. :(

i grew up with rhythm paradise/heaven on the DS. i still have the cartridge and still play it from time to time, also have the one on 3DS but i havent completed it yet. i also like the rhythm games nanaon-sha developed such as parappa the rapper, un jammer lammy and vib ribbon

For sure! Ones I really like include:

- Taiko Drum N' Fun (best for local co-op fun)
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Series (very challenging, visually amazing)
- Muse Dash (two button game with good music and satisfying feeling of defeating enemies to the beat.

I'm also really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. Looks like a really fun multiplayer game! I also bought the entire Persona dancing series but have yet to really play it. Had fun with what I did play so far though.

I used to love rhythm games! Last one I was kind of obsessed with was Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 3DS. Big reason is because I generally think the music of FF is pretty stellar.

Back