• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Two-player games — suggest!

skarmoury

˚₊‧ eyes on me ‧₊˚
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Hi! I’ve been wanting to play more games with my boyfriend! He doesn’t have handheld consoles I have so we’re restricted to PC and mobile games ;w; I was hoping some of you had fun suggestions for games with another person! I would maybe prefer mobile, but PC works great too c: Any genre is okay, though I think we don’t prefer much of life sim games hehe ;w; (we havent played SDV in a looong while)

retrogames.cc lets you emulate old games for free like NES and Super Nintendo, for example. You can both play them together over the internet without downloading anything, but there will be input lag. 😬 It might work better on games where you take turns instead of playing simultaneously, like a golf game or board game. ⛳🎲

not sure what u guys have played but here are some that i recommend!!

- the past within
- tick tock: a tale for two
- keep talking and nobody explodes
- bread & fred
- it takes two
- cat quest 2
- bokura

i believe they're all on sale on steam right now and the first 3 i know for sure is on mobile and the rest PC/maybe mobile but i'm not entirely sure.

Few from me:
  • Portal 2 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes ❤️
  • Overcooked 1&2
  • Castle Crashers
  • BattleBlock Theater
  • A Way Out
  • Across the Obelisk
Portal 2 forever in my heart ❤️ I spent so many hours with my beloved when this game came out, single player is amazing as well. And Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is fun and unique. Those two titles I adore quite a lot but with the rest I also had much fun.

It Takes Two
Overcooked
Don’t Starve Together
Castle Crashers
BattleBlock Theater (some of the best Stamper voice lines I’ve ever heard)

below can be played with 2 ppl but also more fun with friends
Helldivers 2
Left for Dead
DeepRock Galactic

Also FYI, Steam spring sale is going on rn

If you like rhythm games, I'd suggest Rhythm Doctor! Phogs is also very cute and fun and chaotic at times.

I also recommend several of the games already mentioned like portal 2, untitled goose game and it takes two (honestly can't gush enough over it takes two. I love it so much🥹) but one I haven't seen mentioned that I also love is unravel 2!

It Takes Two
Overcooked
Don’t Starve Together
Castle Crashers
BattleBlock Theater (some of the best Stamper voice lines I’ve ever heard)

below can be played with 2 ppl but also more fun with friends
Helldivers 2
Left for Dead
DeepRock Galactic

Also FYI, Steam spring sale is going on rn
I definitely agree w/ Left 4 Dead and Deep Rock Galactic! Both very fun games. Here are some from me as well:

Infernax
Contra: Rogue Corps
Terraria
Saints Row: The Third
Streets of Rage 4
Blazing Chrome
Mercenary Kings
Borderlands
Dungeon of the Endless
Hammerwatch
Secrets of Grindea
Serious Sam
Spiral Knights
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Vagante
20XX
Fallout 76
Halo
Risk of Rain
Trine

Do you like fighting games? You’ve got a big selection there

Lethal League Blaze. This is like a fighting game but you just try to hit eachother with the ball so it’s less of a daunting traditional one, really easy to understand, funky, great game. I think everyone should have it as a party trick. It’s like action tennis.

lethal-league-lethal-league-blaze.mp4

You can always go back to the classics and get Minecraft, if that’s your thing.

Last edited:
Hi! I’ve been wanting to play more games with my boyfriend! He doesn’t have handheld consoles I have so we’re restricted to PC and mobile games ;w; I was hoping some of you had fun suggestions for games with another person! I would maybe prefer mobile, but PC works great too c: Any genre is okay, though I think we don’t prefer much of life sim games hehe ;w; (we havent played SDV in a looong while)
I go through the same with my girlfriend especially since I don’t like many 2 player games. However, Mario cart always seems to give us the game bonding we’re looking for ;)

However, Mario cart always seems to give us the game bonding we’re looking for ;)
Wow, I applaud you both. 👏 I don't play nice at Mario Kart: I'll deliberately slow down and watch your screen so I can line up with you and shoot you from behind --even if it costs me my position. 😂 Sorry, if you wanna be my Player Two, you're gonna learn who's Player One around here. I don't give a Koopa Poopa. 👉😎👈

Wow, I applaud you both. 👏 I don't play nice at Mario Kart: I'll deliberately slow down and watch your screen so I can line up with you and shoot you from behind --even if it costs me my position. 😂 Sorry, if you wanna be my Player Two, you're gonna learn who's Player One around here. I don't give a Koopa Poopa. 👉😎👈
I’ll definitely take note on that and be watching out for your red koopa shells😂

I am a huge social game player so there are a ton out there on PC that you can play. Lots of folks have said It Takes Two and I can't help but recommend that one enough! It is extremely varied, has a ton of great interactions and the teamwork element is humongous! That is definitely a big one.

I also would recommend maybe a game like No Man's Sky. There is a ton of content and it is a very chill-paced game. It is very fun to explore and build together and there is never this feeling to rush the experience. It's a long-form game that will take a lot of your time if you enjoy that style, but it is worth it!

Would also recommend Escape Academy. While a lot of the game is single player, there is a co-op mode with unique puzzles. It is an escape room style game that has a silly story, but the puzzles are a ton of fun to engage in and the co-op is beefy enough to warrant a purchase on that alone.

Sea of Thieves is another great one if you are looking for a bit more of a competitive hardcore game. It requires a ton of communication and coordination and is extremely fun. They recently released an update to allow for "safer seas," by allowing you to play the game with up to 3 friends alone and avoid any of the conflict of the multiplayer aspect! It's story campaigns feature stuff from Pirates of the Caribbean and Monkey Island which are a lot of fun if you enjoyed those franchises.

Portal 2 is also another great recommendation people have put out there. The multiplayer campaign is, again, worth the price of admission and it offers tons of features and opportunities to solve puzzles together and communicate.

Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 - Before Baldur's Gate 3, the dev studio had an absolutely amazing original franchise with Divinity. It is a big beefy computer RPG, but the fact that the game was built with features that catered to co-op makes it a really fun and unique experience that you don't really get to see in many other games of it's genre. It's one that will last you a long time and rightfully so!

Speaking of Baldur's Gate, you can play the original 2 games with co-op on mobile which is a lot of fun as well if you like the genre!

There is just a few and I hope you have a great time playing some games with them! Keep us updated on what you end up playing!

Spiritfarer! There’s an optional 2-player version where the second player plays as the cat. It’s nice because the cat, Daffodil, has all the same capabilities as the first player (besides being able to speak to NPS’s) and allows for some real co-op fun without feeling like one player has more power than the other. A generally heartwarming & emotional game as well, leading to some emotional moments you can share with whoever you’re playing with.

So many good games were mentioned, but I want to add in the We Were Here franchise as well! The first game is free to play on Steam, and the second is actually on sale right now. The others go on sale as well sometimes, as far as I remember.

They're puzzle games you play with your friend/partner only you can't see their screen and such (unlike something like Escape Academy) so it relies on good teamwork!

My boyfriend and I have played a couple and had a blast, we zoomed through the ones we played which felt like a fun accomplishment since it was our first time playing a game like that together. 😊

Specifically recommend trying the first one since it's free and you can decide whether you want to play the others. They're pretty quick if you work super well together, but sometimes some of the puzzles can really stump you!

Back