• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

anyone play rhythm games?

i play quite a bit of osu, im kinda bad but slowly getting better lol. i also play voez from time to time

I have played Project Diva on the switch and a little bit of Osu kinda gave up on osu tho

Oh yes, lots! They may be my favourite genre of games. Rhythm is amazing, I'm saving up for a new drum kit so I can drum again, they're a good substitute in the meantime.

Years ago I used to play a lot of Rhythm Paradise (Rhythm Heaven, depending on where you live). Got most of the minigames perfected at some point, don't think I ever got them all though. The megamix was cool too but I played that a lot less, don't know why. Maybe the button controls weren't as interesting?

Beat Saber (VR) is fantastic. I used to be very good at it (top 500 worldwide), but then spring/summer came and it became too hot to play such an active game. Also I'm getting afraid top continue playing at the level that I used to be at, because that can't be good for your wrists long-term.

I'm also going to mention Clone Hero which is basically Guitar Hero/Rock Band but made by the community and therefore a lot less limited in the song choices. Basically any track from the official games can be found for it, and a lot more... It has an online mode too, made some good friends that way. :D

Not sure if they count since they are on mobile and maybe not a desired answer, but I play quite a few mobile rhythm games, in particular Idolmaster CGSS and Love Live. I want to try a rhythm game on console eventually; it seems there’s many fun options~ Always liked moments in other games where you had to play in rhythm.

I used to play LLSIF and I really miss it. At one point I was close to having SSS on all songs and I almost had 3 full teams of UR Nozomi cards (one for each attribute). I even used to set alarms in the middle of the night so my LP didn't cap lmao, I don't think I've ever been so hardcore about any other game.

Last edited:
im trapped in rhythm game hell.

i play the project diva series, taiko no tatsujin, project sekai, bandori, d4dj, enstars and occasionally idolmaster.

i mainly play taiko no tatsujin and project diva. i have a considerable amount of experience.

Last edited:
I don't play rhythm games normally, but I do play Jack Jeanne on the Switch, which is an otome visual novel with an important rhythm game component! It's thankfully very beginner-friendly ahaha, but it has higher difficulty options for people with more rhythm game experience too. I've found both the rhythm minigames in it to be really fun, and after I'm through with the story I'm hoping to eventually achieve SS rank on the highest difficulty on all of the songs!

i play rhythm heaven, and sometimes project sekai. i prefer rhythm games like osu!mania though, the feeling of the keyboard is so nice haha. i want to get into more mobile rhythm games though like d4dj and enstars... i have played project mirai dx in the past too

Oooo I love rhythm games. I usually cycle between Space Channel 5, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Amplitude, Thumper and Pianista,

I suck at them LOL but I like Friday Night Funkin'. I love the OG internet flash game vibe it gives and the songs are actually really nice to listen to lol.

I love rhythm games, although I haven't played any in quite a long time. The first one I ever played was Parappa the Rapper, and I thought it was so hard, but hilarious.

I went through a lot of time being obsessed with both DDR and Rock Band. I especially enjoyed playing the drums in Rock Band, and it inspired me to pick up drumming in real life, albeit for only a couple of years. Sometimes I wonder about finding a DDR pad on ebay or something and playing one of my old games...

I've also played Rhythm Heaven, Elite Beat Agents, and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, all of which I liked pretty well. Another rhythm game I like a lot is Gitaroo Man. Someday I will defeat Master's Play!

I love a good rhythm game! (They're the only titles I feel halfway competent at on hard mode, haha.) I grew up playing DDR and I also really enjoyed Project Diva and the Persona dancing games. c: I haven't played one in a while, though. They're nice when I want to turn my brain off for a little while and listen to music.

i've watched peoples play a dance of fire and ice + crypt of the necrodancer but i've not played them. been thinking about buying crypt tho! i played just dance in the past on the wii as a child but don't really play the series anymore

I am really bad at them haha but I enjoy beat saber for VR a lot! It's just so much fun to stand in a virtuell room with swords and slashing cubes haha

I've played the Mario Party Star Rush mini-mode thingy, does that count? also I wanna play Friday Night Funkin (specifically the Doki Doki Takeover Plus mod, the OST is amazing, highly recommend a listen!), but I'd probably skip the tutorial and fail miserably lmao

Best Saber is strangely fun for VR. My friend has VR and I played with theirs. I don’t personally own one but I wish I did. I really enjoyed it and could sadly kill so many hours playing it.

Back