• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Two-player games — suggest!

I also agree that We Were Here is a wonderful series to play through with a friend / partner. It really helps work on communication and problem solving skills between two people since you are unable to see what your partner sees and have to relay all the information via voice communication.

There is also a game called KeyWe that is a two play coop game where you play as two kiwi birds and work at a post office and complete missions. It's similar to the star rating in overcooked except stars are given based on how fast you can complete each level as opposed to how many points you can earn in a given amount of time.

If you want to play a competitive 1v1 game there is SpyParty. It's a game where one player plays as an assassin / sniper that is watching a party and the other person plays as a spy partaking in a party. The objective is for the guest / spy to complete a given amount of tasks from a list within a certain amount of time while pretending to imitate NPC behavior and blend in with the rest of the guests. It's a very fun game that can have a lot of mileage depending on how quickly you may get bored of it. The only downside to that game is that it is somewhat pricey ($25) so it may be a bit pricey if you don't want to take the risk for something of that may not last a while.

There is a game similar to the getting over it series that is called Bread & Fred where you play as two penguins that are trying to scale a mountain together. You're tethered together to your partner so you both need to work together and coordinate all your moves in order to overcome the obstacles and climb the mountain, otherwise you'll end up falling all the way back down to the beginning. They do allow for you to essentially save state your progress if you want to approach the game more casually, but otherwise it is a fun and challenging game to play with someone.

There are a ton of different sandbox games that are available on steam as well besides the ones mentioned here. There is Valheim, where you're playing in a viking setting. Grounded is a similar game where you're playing as a human that gets shrunk down and inserted in a backyard where you have to survive against insects. You can also try Raft where you're stranded on a raft in the middle of the ocean and need to survive by going island to island and solving the puzzles that await you on them. Or you can try ARK where you're surviving alongside dinosaurs and more (depending on if you get the DLCs).

I have a ton of more games I could suggest as I feel like I've run the gamut of trying to find a coop game for myself and my partner to play. If you and your boyfriend have a particular genre that you enjoy, feel free to ask me and I can give you more suggestions that are specifically geared towards what you're looking for.

Uhhh I think Grounded is on the PC? It's pretty much Honey I shrunk the kids, but with killer insects and all kinds of hazards your tiny character has to survive. You can play it solo or with a group of 2 or more. It's kind of a survival game as you try to figure out how you got to where you are (stranded in some backyard and as small as a bug) It's sort of like NH where you have to collect resources to craft stuff, but it's for stuff to better prepare and equip yourself for the hostile backyard.

If you like hard games, do Cuphead. Though that could definitely get chaotic. BattleBlock Theater is another recommendation.

Back