• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Advice

tobi!

Untamed Egg
Bells
Waluigi Easter Egg
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Red Candy
Blue Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
I need help. I jut started a new job earlier this week and I suddenly remembered I had promised to be somewhere on this Saturday and next Tuesday. On Saturday I'm scheduled as standby meaning they'll call me. My boss said I have an 80% chance of being called in. He hasn't made a list for next week but I'm sure I work on Tuesday. How do I ask for these times off?

Being honest and straight forward with your boss is likely the way to go. Call him and explain the situation. If all else fails, reschedule your original plans; it depends what is most important.

good luck

depends who you promised and what the situation is exactly. your job should always come first in most cases though. It's not worth risking the loss of your job because you promises some friends you'd hang out. If it's something really important though...it just depends. If I just got a new job, I'd do everything possible to reschedule those old plans though.

When I'm busy and have plans but they interfere with my work, I just make sure I try to tell them right in advance that I can't work that day HOWEVER I can work another shift on a day that I am free. That way at least you're offering to put in the hours but just at another time. They shouldn't have a problem with that. I had a uni visit on Saturday and they just let me take that shift off so if it's something important and something you can't miss then they probably won't mind. But do just ask and talk to them.

Since it's a brand new job you really shouldn't tell them less than a week in advance that you have something planned. You're gonna have to cancel your plans. Sorry that that isn't want you want to hear but time to be an adult and take care of your responsibilities

You're screwed.

Pray that the promise you made wasn't that important because the last thing I'd wanna do is skip out on work that quickly after being hired for something else.

sunday football starts and i am scheduled when my fav team is playing so im just going to try and trade shifts with someone or ask for them to cover me. ask around and im sure you'll find someone. the fact that it's a call-in does make it weird tho

So it turns out I misheard and I only needed to show up Saturday. My great grandma is coming from Taiwan and I wanted to meet her since she wouldn't be here in the states for long.

My boss was very kind and said Saturday would be no problem since not a ton of people checked in their dogs.

Thanks!

Back