• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pencil Passports

Mick

Stellar Wild Child
Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Narnia
Blue Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Green Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Silver Star Glow Wand
Blue Train Engine
Yellow Caboose
Sleek Train Car
Floral Train Car
White Crescent Moon
1689985780256.png

Hi, grab a pencil, and take a seat! We've got a bit of an issue on our hands. Well, no problems while we're out here in the middle of nowhere, but if we are eventually going to return home, that might attract some attention. And uh, we may not have brought any passports. No big deal though! We can make our own, I've done it plenty of times. But I do recommend putting in a bit of effort. Space jail is not fun!

🖍️ How to participate

Submit a handmade two-page passport to this event thread before 7pm EDT on Tuesday August 15th 2023. Both traditional and digital art will be accepted. See below for further details:

✏️ Rules

To make sure you don't get caught committing forgery, please make sure that:
  • Your entry must be ACNH-inspired. Do NOT put your actual personal details online.
  • Your passport consists of two pages. The first should have a photo and some relevant information.
  • The second page is room to improvise: Things like stamps, a map, maybe a logo...
  • You will need to make every element of your submission yourself. This means no images you found online, stickers, pre-made patterned paper, and so on!
  • Entries that appear to be extremely rushed or low-effort might not be accepted.
  • Your passport is signed with your TBT name. (In other words: your entry needs your TBT name on it somewhere!)

🖍️ How To Vote

The crew favourites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the Like, Love or any unlocked reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

While you can react to any entry, favourites will be decided only by votes from members of the same quarters.

✏️ Rewards

In addition to the privilege of not being left behind as the rest of us leave when camp ends, you will also be able to earn:
  • 25 Mission Tokens and 25 Points for your accepted entry
  • The top 3 crew favourites will earn an additional 8 Mission Tokens. The top 1 will also receive a Rainbow Crescent Moon Collectible.

🖍️ Submission Checklist

✅ Your entry is Animal Crossing themed or inspired​
✅ Your entry has two pages: one with an image and information, one with something else that could go in a passport​
✅ You made every part of your entry yourself​
✅ Your entry has your TBT username on it​
✅ You are posting here before 7pm EDT on Tuesday August 15th 2023.​

✏️ FAQ

Is this allowed?
if your idea is not listed and you are unsure about it, feel free to ask!
Yes!
No!
Using art programs: despite the event name, pencils are not requiredCOVERS will not be counted as a page.
You can still add them for fun though!
Two separate images: as long as they are the same size and shapeACNH screenshots or images found online
Fonts and physical letter stamps because they are basically just art toolsStickers, patterned paper
Using glue to combine elements: as long as your entry can fold up flat!Printed text and imagery

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to ask, does a Pencil necessarily have to be used?

Or can I just use MS Paint, as an example of a program I could use?

Sorry, I have to ask, does a Pencil necessarily have to be used?

Or can I just use MS Paint, as an example of a program I could use?

Oh yeah, 'pencil passports' is just a name! Doing it in paint is entirely okay. The event itself accepts both physical and digital entries, just make sure not to use any pre-made images/drawings/patterns etc.

Oooooooo I have an idea I'm 90% sure I don't have the artistic or time management skills to pull off, but I hope I have fun trying! ^^

Can't wait to see everyone's out-of-this-world entries~!! :alien:

All entries so far are looking good! They will be accepted whenever we get our accept react system set up. 👍

Cab I submit two separate images, one for each page (as long as both have my username somewhere) or do submissions have to be one singular image?
I can accept this, but please still make them similar in shape/size as if they were part of the same book!

Can we actually draw something on another paper and glue stuff together? Like draw a stamp yourself, cut it out and glue it to the passport?

my limited art skills decided to spend 30 minutes making this. why? i dont know. maybe the fact that i have 2 different passports from countries that are on opposite sides of the world inspired me.
"Worst rep resident" omg I'm loving that stamp lol !!

Can we actually draw something on another paper and glue stuff together? Like draw a stamp yourself, cut it out and glue it to the passport?

As long as you draw/make everything yourself, this sounds fine to me! As long as your passport stays flat. No popup cards please. :LOL:
Digital art often uses layers too, so this seems like it would be fair.

EDIT: Slight edit to that line, your entry only has to be able to fold up flat for it to count as a passport. I am not here to kill creativity

Last edited:
Question for the mods: do letter stamps count as pre made components or would they be ok to use to create text?

As long as you draw/make everything yourself, this sounds fine to me! As long as your passport stays flat. No popup cards please. :LOL:
Digital art often uses layers too, so this seems like it would be fair.
There goes my popup passport! I really planned to make one haha :'(

I've added a little FAQ section to the opening post for convenience. If you are unsure whether your idea would be allowed, don't hesitate to reach out here in the thread or directly in my DMs!

Question for the mods: do letter stamps count as pre made components or would they be ok to use to create text?
I'd see those as more of an art tool than a pre-made element, so sure, go for it!

There goes my popup passport! I really planned to make one haha :'(
This makes me regret posting about it 😅 I'll allow it, because I would have if you'd posted it before I said anything and I do like creativity. Let's revise that rule to "entry has to be able to fold up flat."

Last edited:
Back