• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNL pet

I have a pet Piranha named shredder.
I tend to keep smaller pets because I feel bad if I have a shark in a super small tank. :)

I have a paper tiger next to my cat tower- that kind of counts as a pet, doesn't it? :p

I kept the first sea horse I caught and have him on a table in my house :) I love sting rays so when I caught one, I wanted to put it in my house and when I did I actually felt bad cause it had a really small tank. I realized after I donated it that it's a video game, it doesn't actually have feelings. I felt so geeky lol :3

I have several small river fish as pets right now. They're adorable, but out of place at the moment. Thought of making a small aquarium in my back room once I get it, but now I'm not so sure.

I currently have a pet sea horse and Napoleon fish, I have them in my mermaid themed room. Apparently you get bonus points from HHA for a pet Napoleon fish cause it's a seasonal fish.

I have a butterfly fish in my house right now. I don't like the tanks with the fish in it and nothing else, no rocks or plants or coral or anything. It seems cruel and doesn't seem like an actual pet. I also don't like the big fish in such small tanks. it would be cool to have a "pet store" in the next game where you can get different sized tanks and cages and decor and stuff. Make the critters more at home.

On my Wild World version I had a pet long locust. I'm not sure about getting one for New leaf, though. :)

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this: At the Nookling's, they will sell this hamster...or is it like a mouse or a rat? I'd also like the bird. Ooh, or a fish! XD

I had a pet tarantula after I caught one for the first time since I really wanted one as a pet, but... after a while I just couldn't keep it and i donated it to the museum. I'm hoping to catch another one. I used to have a pet shark but they take up so much dang space.

I have a whale shark, saw shark and hammerhead in my basement. It's where I send villagers I don't like >83
But in all seriousness, the whale shark is truly adorable. <3

I did have two sharks that I called Moe and Boe. But they don't fit the theme of my house anymore so I'm looking for a new pet, something smaller.

Still trying to catch at least 2 of both goldfishes. One for pets and the others for the museum.
No luck so far. OTL

I have a goldfish, it's the first and only one I've caught. And Blathers is never getting him.

Back