• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best Guide(s) for Critterpedia Collection?

Do you use guides for the critterpedia?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jacob

· · · · · • ◦ ☆ ◦ • · · · · ·
Bells
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Skull Glow Wand
Planet Glow Wand
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Snowflake Glow Wand
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Asking out of both curiosity & in need of a good tool, I plan on continuing to play animal crossing new leaf to complete the critterpedia and museum collections!! Does anyone know of a good tool, on TBT or elsewhere, that allows me to cross off catches/donated, gives me weather, time of day, shadow size, etc for this? I’m having a surprisingly hard time finding a good one.

Ideally, I’d LOVE if there was a tool that was in the layout of the critterpedia so I can just cross off ones that are in the same spot without having to click into names of the bugs/fish I already caught, but I can work with a list view too

This doesn’t have the tool you’re looking for but it’s the one I find the most visually pleasing and good to use

Good luck in your search!

This is late but on my phone I use an app called ACNL Guide. It has a ton of checklists and the critter section not only mentions times, shadow size, etc. it will also tell you if it's catchable based on the current date.

If that's not an option for you, I believe Nookipedia and Thonky have guides/lists!

https://nl.catalogue.ac/ allows you to check off anything you have, including critters, and it uses datamined information; you can also create lists. You can adjust your dashboard to add currently available critters, those leaving this month, and more. Just remember to make regular backups (export your data to a file) since it is stored in your device's cookies, not on an online server. As you mentioned, you don't have to click critters to cross them off.

I also use ACNL Guide, but I find clicking through all of the tabs a bit tedious, some items are hidden in other categories, and filters and sorting are limited. It's useful for tracking PWPs, though.

Back