• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNL pet

I have a pet Piranha named shredder.
I tend to keep smaller pets because I feel bad if I have a shark in a super small tank. :)

I have a paper tiger next to my cat tower- that kind of counts as a pet, doesn't it? :p

I kept the first sea horse I caught and have him on a table in my house :) I love sting rays so when I caught one, I wanted to put it in my house and when I did I actually felt bad cause it had a really small tank. I realized after I donated it that it's a video game, it doesn't actually have feelings. I felt so geeky lol :3

I have several small river fish as pets right now. They're adorable, but out of place at the moment. Thought of making a small aquarium in my back room once I get it, but now I'm not so sure.

I currently have a pet sea horse and Napoleon fish, I have them in my mermaid themed room. Apparently you get bonus points from HHA for a pet Napoleon fish cause it's a seasonal fish.

I have a butterfly fish in my house right now. I don't like the tanks with the fish in it and nothing else, no rocks or plants or coral or anything. It seems cruel and doesn't seem like an actual pet. I also don't like the big fish in such small tanks. it would be cool to have a "pet store" in the next game where you can get different sized tanks and cages and decor and stuff. Make the critters more at home.

On my Wild World version I had a pet long locust. I'm not sure about getting one for New leaf, though. :)

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this: At the Nookling's, they will sell this hamster...or is it like a mouse or a rat? I'd also like the bird. Ooh, or a fish! XD

I had a pet tarantula after I caught one for the first time since I really wanted one as a pet, but... after a while I just couldn't keep it and i donated it to the museum. I'm hoping to catch another one. I used to have a pet shark but they take up so much dang space.

I have a whale shark, saw shark and hammerhead in my basement. It's where I send villagers I don't like >83
But in all seriousness, the whale shark is truly adorable. <3

I did have two sharks that I called Moe and Boe. But they don't fit the theme of my house anymore so I'm looking for a new pet, something smaller.

Still trying to catch at least 2 of both goldfishes. One for pets and the others for the museum.
No luck so far. OTL

I have a goldfish, it's the first and only one I've caught. And Blathers is never getting him.

Back