• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread

I completed all the challenges for each chapter in Dragon Quest Builders on the Switch! ⚒️ Getting my bases to max level was almost too easy imo, I usually met that goal pretty early in each chapter and spent a good amount of time continuing to build and decorate afterwards. I was relieved that the speedrun challenges on the PS version were replaced with collecting a lot of different items on the Switch—much more up my alley! 😅 I also really enjoyed the sidequest and secret-based challenges, and am proud of myself for defeating the Dragonlord without the auroral armor or Hero's shield, because I usually like to cheese fights in games and don't normally take on added-difficulty challenges like that. Action RPGs aren't my forte either!
IMG_6051.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

And on a much less tryhardy note, I also recently earned every achievement in Usagi Shima! If they add more in future updates I'd like to come back for those too. 👀
IMG_6055.PNG
IMG_6056.PNG

earned the platinum trophy for superliminal on new year's day! was thinking that i didn't have the gamer skills for the second speedrun trophy but succeeded on my third attempt (thought i'd thrown my run at some point fr). keeping the notes on my phone for archival purposes 😌

IMG_9013.jpeg

Last edited:
18ce0c4acf377-screenshot-Url.jpg

I had hoped to platinum Samurai Warriors 4-II by the end of 2023, but this trophy alone was a six month grind! 😂

Next is to get all 56 characters to level 30 and unlock their unique skill (current: 36/56) and then unlock all of their unique weapons (current: 01/56). I would ideally like to accomplish this by the end of January but watch it take several months.

So, when I started Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin last weekend I didn't expect to finish it so quickly!

18d20f1351a93-screenshotUrl.jpg

If you're looking to play your first Final Fantasy title, this isn't it. Team Ninja developed it and it feels very much like a Team Ninja game. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's just not what an FF fan expects going into an FF game. Each level is based on a numbered title game and recognising these nods in the music, mechanics, and location design was one of the best parts of the experience.

Unfortunately, I didn't vibe with the story or any of the characters except Jed. I loved how they handled the combat and job system and that is what kept me playing. I found it fun to play in a very literal sense, but nostalgia/references are what carried me through this one rather than getting invested in the details of this game itself.

In saying that though, I'm very much considering picking up the season pass. I'll need to do my research and decide if the DLC is worth it first.

I just beat Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity in 6 days, which is the fastest I’ve ever beaten a game I think!

I ended up 100%ing The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom today, exactly 9 months after it was initially released! I had originally intended to complete as much as I could by myself before I resorted to any interactive maps or looking up info or whatever, and had gotten pretty far in the 440 hours I did play it prior to stopping in mid-July. But given how much things have changed in my life in a variety of ways since then, I decided it was no longer feasible to continue 100%ing it by myself and ended up just using whatever resources I could to 100% it now and move on. It still took me over 20 hours to finish off, so knowing it likely would've been at least another 100 hours to get slightly closer to 100% before giving in, I'm content with the decision I made, lol.

Still, I got pretty far on my own! I had done all main quests, all side adventures except one (since I was missing just 7 of the Hyrule Compendium entries), all side quests except 1, all shrines, all memories, all armor and maybe like 75% of all the upgrades for them, all lightroots, 833/1000 Korok seeds, most big monsters except for 1 Hinox and 12 Taluses, all Sage's Wills, all old maps, all schema stones, all Yiga schematics, all energy cells, all Bubbul Gems, well over half of the Hudson signs, and 93.29% map percentage. I basically did all of the Sky/Depths by myself and just needed help to finish off the rest of the Surface. So even though it wasn't everything, I did the vast majority of things on my own without any help, which I'm proud of!

I was able to 100% Expansion Pack 10 and 13's achievements in Minecraft on the PS4! The only achievement in 13 I was missing was the one for distracting a Piglin with a gold ingot, which was fairly quick to complete, and I was able to finish nearly all of 10's just by triggering and defeating a raid on a village. I nabbed a couple extra achievements towards completing some of the other expansion packs' trophies while I was at it since they were fairly easy to do, and man it was nice to have so many trophies popping in such a short timespan lol.

the closest I've come to being a completionist was breath of the wild! found it so fun exploring the koroks too.

I6LgOqO.jpeg

here I am with totk being untouched tho big rip

i earned all of the trophies for buddy simulator 1984 a few weeks ago, cannot recommend it enough if you're into indie titles or want to try something mega groovy!!!!

IMG_0237.jpeg

More Minecraft achievement-hunting progress—I now have 100% of the PS4 achievements in Expansion Packs 6, 7, and 12!! The last one I needed for 6 was to have a caravan of at least five llamas, and I... definitely did not murder any wandering traders to steal their llamas for myself. No. Of course not. That would be terrible.
Glad I was finally able to find a shipwreck with a treasure map so I could get the last things I needed to complete 7! 12 wasn't bad either since they were all just bee-related, the last one was just a matter of time to save up honey blocks so I'd have a larger target to break my fall with.

I’ve recently 100% completed the indie game “Dredge!” A peaceful fishing game, until night time rolls in, then it sort of becomes an eldritch horror game. Either way, it was a lot of fun! I also 100% completed the “The Pale Reach” DLC. I did this all on my switch, so I have no achievement page to show…

Finally completed all the requests (main story quests, boat upgrades, and side quests) in my new favorite cozy-type game, Spiritfarer! As you can see, playtime is 50 whole hours. Dang.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpeg
    IMG_0739.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 2
Here are my recent Genshin Impact achievements:

IMG_0085.png

IMG_0100.png
IMG_0150.png

I’ve been going at my own pace playing the game as I normally do, but I ended up getting two of the Fontaine set of achievements done since I really enjoyed doing the main story quest and wanted to enjoy the area more before the next archon quest starts. I also wanted to level up the fountain, so by finding chests and hydroculus, I was able to level up the fountain to the current max level. I only needed a guide to find the shrine of depths chests and at least one puzzle to unlock the chest, so these achievements were really big for me. I haven’t explored other areas probably not even half as much as I did in Fontaine. The TCG one just took a lot of time. i’m not very good at it so a lot of the matches against the computer was tough, but once Neuvillette’s card was released and I found a deck build, I was able to clear more matches/duels

This year I’ve wrapped up achievements on:

Cavern of Dreams- really easy since the game is just a few hours, the only achievements are for collecting all cards/eggs. It’s a really good game though, no knock on it, but there really isn’t anything special to the achievements.

Crash Bandicoot 4- this game’s reputation precedes it and I’m happy to say this is actually my second time doing this. The first was on PS4. I don’t even find it very daunting anymore but I’m very happy/proud of this one, not only to show off but because this is my second favorite game of all time.

Guilty Gear Strive- the stage 9 achievement was keeping me from this. That’s it. The rest is very basic to go do, or you’ll just get it over time (like howevermanyromancancels). Screw the stage 9 achievement though, a complete relief never doing that again, I’m glad I have this ‘cause I love the game and I can stick it to that one.

Here are some games I want to get all achievements in the future:
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (just missing a couple of S-ranks but this is my favorite game ever so I absolutely need to do it)
  • Guilty Gear Rev2 (has some genuinely very hard achievements as well as some that rely on active online)
  • Windowkill (“Friend” achievement is a massive roadblock)
  • Streets of Rage 4 (super cool game, was only missing one achievement before the DLC, would be nice to go back to)
  • Disco Elysium (top 5 game of all time, realise I would be looking at guides for some achievements but I intend to do many playthroughs anyway)
  • Hades (it’s somewhere on the achievement backlog…)

Last edited:
Back