• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Any other achievement hunters present? 🏆

Whether it's beating the story in a video game, unlocking an achievement you've been working on for a while, or hitting 100% on an achievement list come and celebrate it here! Feel free to also make progress reports and vent if that helps you to reach your goals.

I've been working on 100% completing Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends since June 2020. I've 101hrs on it so far. When I started playing I ported over my DW8 save file which also had 100hrs+ on it that I'd been working on since September 2018. I finished everything required for the fourth of five kingdoms (storylines), Shu, today. One more to go - why did I leave the biggest for last? 😩

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 22.22.13.png

What is your latest gaming accomplishment?

Last edited:
Not really sure if this is an accomplishment, but I found a few more Korok Seeds in BOTW only 800 more to go lol. I'm going to try to complete BOTW 100%, and I think the Korok seeds will be the biggest undertaking!

I started playing Hades like a month ago or so, and at first it was really hard (this is the first dungeon crawler type game I've ever played), but!! I kept going and finally beat the final boss/game not just once but now over 50 times! I am currently on 9 heat with all the weapons and my next goal is to beat the final boss on extreme measures 4. I am so proud of myself hahaha. I really love the game and think its so much fun, I have even gotten my sister hooked on it as well!

The only thing I can recall is getting 100% of all the achievements of Slay the Spire on my PC version.

Before that I 100% my Tomb Raider save file which was also a lot of fun, I liked exploring that game.

I've been playing Forza Horizons 4 again to squeeze the last bit of juice out of it before 5 arrives in November. Got three achievements the other night just for doing random stuff. Always loved that about Horizons...there always feels like more to unlock...even after playing it for hundreds of hours.

When Monster Hunter Rise released I promised my partner I would only see the new monsters whilst playing with her so they were a surprise for both of us and I couldn't sit there giving her 'fun facts' about every monster in every battle. I got her into the series with World (which I had already beaten before meeting her). I initially did this, only hunting returning monsters then waiting to beat the 'new' monster with her but with her work hours stopping us playing with each other much alongside other hobbies we have (we've played together three times since release...) I moved on to "I'll complete every weapon available without hunting new monsters"...Then on to "I'll just do the single player stuff".

I've not touched multiplayer much since I do want to save that for her but at this point in time, I've completed every weapon set you can make in the single player quests, which is a big new achievement for me since I've never gotten close to doing that in any MH game.

Usually with MH games I'll only bother with one or two weapon types per game (a main weapon and a second usually ranged weapon I make with leftover materials), so having this many 'up to date' weapons is an achievement, especially since I would only upgrade each weapon once I had beaten the required monster with that weapon type, so I've used all the weapons equally too. Never touched the hammer or lance before but they're so fun...The Switch Axe was worth ignoring though.

70 hours and I've only done the single player content. I've quite enjoyed doing it since I'm getting a lot more out of the game than how I would usually play (rush through the content and be fully end game geared with one weapon type within a week). Plus I've gotten to use each weapon properly for a good amount of fights so I have a far better idea of what weapons I enjoy using than I did in previous games. I recommend this playstyle.

Not armour sets though. Low rank armour sets are worthless. I did it all whilst wearing the not upgraded Aknosom set, got the Tigrex set once I finished for that sweet sweet earplug skill to start high rank with.

I beat the Age of Calamity story for the first time and also all of the DLC lab quests. I've been really getting into this game again recently. It's a lot of fun!

I completed my first playthrough of Little Misfortune...I didn't get the true ending sadly. Hilarious game though...

Got a few new achievements in 'The Wild at Heart'. One for crafting all the food items, one for crafting all the tonics, and one for bringing all of the characters back to the grotto. I know I've spoken about this game on a number of occasions already, but I really do love it. I was thinking more about what exactly it reminds me of. I said before that it was a Pikmin clone. But, I've narrowed it down even further. It's a Pikmin clone crossed with 'Over the Garden Wall'. That's exactly what it is.

I got a trophy for opening 800 chests in Liyue (Genshin Impact). And there’s more to be found after that 😩

Reached rank 3 eventually on Neopets' Altador Cup. Their HTML5 rewritings of the AC games has been horribly done and with games not working properly I'm glad I did this, not to mention I was still working during most of its time as well.

Back