• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread

This was about a month ago now, but my second platinum of 2023 was Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story. ⚔️

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 17.49.13.png

I saw the trailer for the sequel prior to release and immediately went and looked up the price of the first on the PS store. At the time it was on sale for £1.49, so I picked it up. I knew I'd enjoy it but I did not expect to get hooked! It's a simple game, the quest element felt like a 90s RPG throwback, but that wasn't a bad thing. The story was engaging enough and I had a lot of fun with the arquebusier class. It was a great one to come home and just mindlessly play an hour or so of to unwind after work.

My main party by the end. Grew oddly attached to these four. In hindsight I wish I'd named them myself though (it is an option, I just didn't think to use it).

Fzd-Bdhu-WIAIs-D8-S.jpg

Ok so by technicality Ive completed Stardew Valley now. As in, I got 100% - I got all awards and items and plants and maxed all friendships yadayadaya. But I recently decided to work towards something bigger and almost completely impossible: I want all the hats. Yes that includes the living hat (for those unfamiliar, if Im not mistaken you have a 0.001% chance to get this hat from chopping weeds which are NOT plentiful enough to make this likelihood fair or you can get the from a wilderness golem which is basically just hoping and praying and crossing your fingers really hard, aka nothing)

I might be doomed, but so be it. It'll keep me in the game forever - Im already at year 17!

So I've completed every single one of TotK's Main Quests (including all geoglyphs), Side Adventures (including filling the entire compendium, finding all fairy fountains), Shrine Quests, Memories, and Side Quests (which involves completing every shrine and finding every well), activated all the towers, all the lightroots, found every device dispenser, collected all hearts/stamina, and I've collected all sages' wills.
Well, all of the above is true. Except for one... single... side quest.
If you know, you know.
Any guesses which one that is, those of you who've dealt or are dealing with the same pain as me?
Here's an emoji hint for those who know the quest giver: 🤓

Last edited:
I'm *nearly* done filling out all the light roots in the depths. Totk has so much in it, I doubt I'll commit to completing much more after this before at least finishing the game though 😅

Well, all of the above is true. Except for one... single... side quest.
If you know, you know.
Any guesses which one that is, those of you who've dealt or are dealing with the same pain as me?
Here's an emoji hint for those who know the quest giver: 🤓

Nobody responded but it doesn't matter because I'm telling you anyway. If you know this quest, I'm sorry for you.

...it's called "Cash in on Ripened Flint."
What do you do for the quest?
Well, you collect flint and turn in batches of it to a Goron near the Bedrock Bistro. Any piece of flint you turn in will have a random chance of being ripened flint. How random? Well, the options on how much you can turn in will tell you. "A small 20 flint." "A hearty 50." "A whole 100." It can take over a hundred flint to find this one flint that tastes a little different to some Goron that looks like he's about to say "uhm, ackshully," to me at any point, and the reward is 1500 rupees, which doesn't even mean anything for a guy like me with 50,000 of them. This. Quest. Is. PAIN.

I had a phase where I hunted for platinums and I still do sometimes. I only have about 40, mainly RPGs and JRPGs like FFX, dragon age, mass effect, witcher, dead rising 4 etc.

It's a great way to expierence all aspects of a game even if some trophies are just annoying or difficult *looking at you FFIX rope trophy*

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 09.22.38.png

Relived my teens with this one! I finished the original many years ago, but going for the platinum trophy in the remake showed me just how much of the game I actually missed the first time around. Either I didn't have any knowledge of hybrid crops or I was just ignorant! This was fun to return to and I really appreciate the changes that were implemented. Only downside is that I ran out of things to do beyond maintaining the farm a good 1.5-2yrs before the end of the story.

366091593_542054048024325_8859108114931654839_n.jpg

364230422_712324347324327_365187.jpg

364633795_198853286277692_8598849760645947766_n.jpg

I've been trying to find all the Easter Eggs hidden in Halo Infinite.There are about a dozen doll versions of various Halo characters hidden in the game of which I've found two.I also found the Halo Infinite arcade game.

After 211 hours, in early winter of Year 6... I have achieved 100% Perfection in Stardew Valley!!! 🌟 In addition to the requirements for Perfection, I also collected all the secret notes/journal scraps and completely filled out my wallet, just for fun. This was my first time ever playing Stardew as well, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't believe I waited this long to play it! I've still got a few more things I want to do on this file (mostly some extra decorating, but also raising my hard-earned Golden Chicken, who is currently still an egg), but after that I'll probably take a little Stardew break to focus on some of my other games for a while. Probably.

IMG-5483.JPG

IMG-5484.JPG

IMG-5485.JPG

IMG-5495.JPG

Had to show off my Statue of True Perfection, beside my Stardew Hero Trophy and regular Perfection statue! I love my rainbow chest basement hehe 🌈

359923263_306806705051802_3979498572220918069_n.jpg

I found the Giant Sandwich in Halo Infinite!That's a good thing because the Master Chief hasn't eaten a bite the whole time I've been playing this game.

Completed Digimon Survive 100% with all 5 endings seen.

I know it's a somewhat divisive game for Digimon fans, but I really enjoyed it. I think it being a darker Digimon game helped - quite a few unexpected moments and some pretty serious back stories in there.

digimon survive 100.jpg

I’m a big trophy hunter!!
i get the platinum trophy for any game which I love or isn’t too difficult.
im currently attempting a slightly trickier one though, Yakuza Kiwami 2.

the hardest platinum I’ve ever gotten was for crash bandicoot 😭

I've accomplished a fair amount of 100%s/platinums for the games I was playing in the time I was away, and even once I've come back (hi Pikmin 4). However, there is one that I'm very proud of, and that's 100%ing Celeste back in March without using the assist mode.

gjKCVLA.jpg

The funny thing is, I definitely didn't plan to 100% it since I heard how hard it was going into it. I loved the game and got through the first 7 chapters to beat the game, but I didn't think I'd be able to do the B-Sides/C-Sides. You can see the totals I first ended the game with:
zk3IyZY.jpg

But when I saw Chapter 8 and decided to do it, I had to get 4 crystal hearts to actually play it. So I went through all the first 7 chapters again, got all collectibles, did Chapter 8, which was tricky but overall not that bad, then that unlocked Chapter 9: Farewell. After a couple of hours of struggling through the first part of Farewell, I reached the pillar requiring 15 crystal hearts. I was committed to finishing Farewell, so at that point I just went "well, I'll just finish all B-Sides and C-Sides before going back to it".

It was definitely a challenge! The B-Sides are not only harder, but still pretty lengthy as well! But I just kept at it and slowly got better and found a way to get through them (even 7-B, which was a struggle at some points, lmao)! Then came the C-Sides, which were short, but very hard. That said, it felt like I was getting better at the C-Sides and the times in the detailed breakdown below reflect that to a point! But then I reached Chapter 7's C-Side. And more specifically, the 3rd and final room. And everything just came crashing down. I struggled to really find any rhythm, one good run would be followed up with 5 bad ones. It was definitely the hardest point I reached in the game by far.

But...I was determined. I believed I could do it. Even though my runs weren't consistent, I just kept working at it and got to the point where I had the controls I needed to input memorized, I just needed to pull it all together. It felt like it was coming, and suddenly, for one brief moment, it all came together, and I made it to the end of the room. Even looking back at the video capture, I still can't believe I managed to pull it off. The euphoria I felt in that moment was unbelievable.

After that, I just had 8-C and the remainder of Farewell left! And honestly, even though both of them were still pretty hard on top of being tricky having to learn and utilize these new movement techniques, knowing what I had accomplished in 7-C gave me the confidence and energy to be able to get through them! I just kept going at it, and soon, I was able to finish both of them and get the Moon Berry in Farewell to officially 100% Celeste!

That's a lot of rambling about me reaching 100%, but really, the main takeaway from all of this for me was to never give up! Things can get really hard, really difficult, and it can be easy to let that frustration mount and let it break you. But by believing in myself and being determined to do it, I was able to demonstrate to myself what I'm capable of when I set my mind to something. Like I'm definitely not the most skilled player at Celeste! Nor is Celeste necessarily a game I'd usually keep going in! But I really wanted this, and I wasn't going to let what the game threw at me stop me and just stuck with it until I got it done. And it's something I hope other people are able to do, not just for any achievements/trophies they're going for but for life in general! Always believe in yourself and never give up, since as human beings, we are capable of so, so much when we put our minds to it and are determined to get it done.

I honestly thought Celeste was great when I beat it, but it turned out to be amazing when I 100%ed it. I can't wait to replay this game someday, but you'll have to forgive me if I never do 7-C again unassisted lmao.

Z1DQ8XT.jpg

Ruvw9WG.jpg

also I did better than @Mick (his post), clearly that's an achievement in and of itself 😌

also I did better than @Mick (his post), clearly that's an achievement in and of itself 😌

Yes but did you also use the analog stick the entire time? 😇 I dislike D-pads for directional control. I later replayed it on keyboard, it was so much better lol would recommend

Either way, congratulations! I can definitely relate to 7-C and the farewell moon berry being some of the most satisfying things I ever achieved in a game. I do recommend going through the game again at some point, you'd be surprised how much easier it is the second time 😄

Yes but did you also use the analog stick the entire time? 😇 I dislike D-pads for directional control. I later replayed it on keyboard, it was so much better lol would recommend

Either way, congratulations! I can definitely relate to 7-C and the farewell moon berry being some of the most satisfying things I ever achieved in a game. I do recommend going through the game again at some point, you'd be surprised how much easier it is the second time 😄
I actually did, lmao. I honestly tried using the d-pad a couple of times but found it a lot harder to control Madeline than using the analog stick that said, this isn't exclusive to Celeste for me tbh, so I'm in the same boat as you also I'm on Switch, not PC, so no keyboard 😔

I actually did, lmao. I honestly tried using the d-pad a couple of times but found it a lot harder to control Madeline than using the analog stick that said, this isn't exclusive to Celeste for me tbh, so I'm in the same boat as you also I'm on Switch, not PC, so no keyboard 😔
Beautiful. Welcome to the analog stick club, who needs buttons anyway? I suppose this is for you: 👑

(although I will point out that I replayed several levels before posting here and also my screenshot has two more berries so. I hope to keep at least some of my gamer points)

I played it on steam deck first, which was nice because of the handheld thing but there is soo much travel on its analog sticks for a game like this haha. If you ever get a chance to try it with a keyboard, I'd still recommend it!

Me being a PS1 Spyro fan, I bought the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy on PS4, and actually completed all three games 100%, and also completed every trophy and in-game skill point to get the three platinum trophies. You could say that those games were easier to fully complete than most others, but there were some very difficult trophies to get. For instance, in the Ripto's Rage level "Scorch", you have to follow a flag-stealing guy on a flying carpet, who throws bombs at you throughout the level. This has to be done three times, with each time taking longer to get to the end, and you have to avoid the bombs, otherwise you have to start over from the previous point. This is not required to reach the final boss, but it is required for 100% completion. The trophy description states that you have to complete this whole thing in one go without getting hit once, which means if you screw up, you have to leave the level and come back, starting the whole thing over again.

There were also a few where you had to defeat bosses without getting hit once, and some of them were very difficult to avoid completely. Spike in Year of the Dragon instantly comes to mind, and he's only the second boss in that game overall! Luckily, I was able to defeat them after a few tries. I had lots of fun playing the trilogy, and would love to play it again when I get the time, this time on the Switch.

Just got 100% on Mario Wonder! my whole time playing I was just like "This is... the easiest mario game I've ever played?" and then nintendo hits me with the greatest troll ever right at the very final moment :p

I 100% completed the Perfect Pokédex on Pokémon Legends Arceus, at long last.

I've just about finished this game as much as I can. All that's left is to finish getting all the shinies and maybe a couple of alphas, but that's a very relaxed quest for now.

1699129520108.png
1699129530380.png

I always intended to complete the Super Mario RPG remake 100%, but the little star medals gave me the excuse I needed to finally try and master some of the mini games that I never really bothered with in the past. The hardest one for me ended up being Beetle Hill.

Star Records.png

Super Jumps.jpg

Back