• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread

I'm going for all the map completion related achievements in American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. This means driving to every city and driving on every road in each region. On American Truck Simulator I've visited every city in Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Utah, which gave me a Steam achievement for each. I'm also almost done with driving on every road in Oregon. With Euro Truck Simulator 2 I just finished driving on every single road in Poland. I'm also just a little over halfway done with visiting every city in Norway and Sweden.

Progress has been slow to say the least. Just doing all of that took me well over 110 hours. I imagine it'll take many hundreds more just to drive through the rest of the maps.

I've completed and collected every item in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and now I'm on the way to get every medal for Fire Emblem Echoes. The ones to I'll be spending a good amount of time on is Hard+Classic with 0 casualties, completing the game within 500 turns and defeating 300 dragon enemies and getting Astra, Luna and Sol. Lots of grinding or looking for really rare items.

I managed to get to every city in California and the Slavic region in American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 respectively!

Completed the Pokedex in the Pokemon Violet!
I love this game so much
Finp5vGakAIXfIL

I just completed the main story in Stray and I think I'm giving up on it at 79% achievement completion. The completionist in me is kicking themselves, but I just didn't enjoy this game quite enough to want to try and speedrun it in 2hrs (one of the trophies). It's a very cute game and I'm glad I gave it a shot, but I feel it was overrated. The gameplay bored me after Chapter 4 (The Slums) and in hindsight I'm pleased this was included in PS+ Extra rather than me needing to outright buy it - because £25 is too steep for such a short game IMO. Although I will say I did really enjoy the couple of chapters that were more open and focused on town exploration - and visually it was beautiful.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 20.20.46.png

Last edited:
I've mostly been playing on Switch lately (dedicated achievement system when Nintendo?) but I decided to give The Last Campfire a go after I saw @magicaldonkey mention it. Like, I went from having never heard of it to seeing their post, looking up the trailer, and purchasing it in the PSN sale in under 5 minutes. I hadn't intended to complete the entire game in an evening, but my Sky Q box wouldn't let me watch the movie I planned to see last night so I just kept playing until the end. 😅

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 11.36.51.png

Such a sweet little game. It's a shame it's so short. Although I regret not figuring out until two-thirds of the way through the game that I could mute the narrator. I imagine the tone of voice they've gone for is meant to be calming but the breathiness of it irks me.

My more long-term grind project right now is Samurai Warriors 4-II. It's a 100-200hr plat so it's going to take a good while. That's a good thing because I've run out of modern Dynasty Warriors games to play and I can't seem to get into Samurai Warriors 5. I'm not sure why because it focuses on one of my favourite historical figures, the new art style is more polished, and the gameplay is very similar to it's predecessors. For some reason I just feel bored very quickly whenever I try to play it.

A few hours after beating Psychonauts 2, I managed to get the Platinum trophy for it. Felt only right to go for it since I did 100% the original Psychonauts and none of the trophies were too hard to get:
WmtlB4A.png

First platinum of 2023: Cult of the Lamb. 🐑

FlqCap6WAAY6lqN.jpeg

@Mairmalade recommended this to me a few months ago and then my partner was playing it while we were on holiday. As soon as we got home I had it downloading on the PS5. It's equal parts adorable and messed-up - and I'm not going to lie the latter was the appeal here. The achievements for defeating the four bosses without taking damage frustrated me, but otherwise this is an extremely enjoyable game. I am definitely going to do some things differently on my next playthrough though!

I recently beat Puyo Puyo Tetris's Adventure mode! I beat the 1st 7 acts by myself, but I may need help with the Dream Acts (8, 9, and 10).
(also, why is Ecolo's fight so hard? I'm a casual Tetris player and it took me at LEAST 20-25 tries. In comparison, I beat the final Ex fight in 4-5 tries, and the Ringo vs. Tee Fusion battle on my second). I have the switch version, so I can't get any achievements, but just beating that HORRID Ecolo fight is an achievement in itself.

First 100% of the year: Spelunky 2. So hard... So many ways to die that it takes dozens of hours to learn what not to do.

1674315657050.png

Had this in my library for a long time and finally started near the end of last year. Pretty fun platformer but more frustrating than the previous 2 games since the runs are longer, and a 30 minute+ run can still end with an instant death at any moment.

I finally beat the Dream Acts in Puyo Puyo Tetris 1's Adventure mode! The Suzuran talent show dropped first (would've completed faster if Witch's Fever trial didn't glitch out on me, making it impossible to gain points), followed by Ex's dream (the easiest), and finally, as I like to call it, The Perverted Swordsman and the Bug Boy (Schezo and Sig's act). Also, I made it to Wizard in the online that same day! It... takes a while to reach high ranks, but I did it somehow!

100% completed Asterix & Obelix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir. Took a while, since this game doesn't seem to be very popular and there aren't any real guides for it.
asterix xxl3 100.jpg

I have no idea what 100% Mode actually does, by the way. You can disable and re-enable whenever, but I can't find any difference.

Got my platinum trophy for collecting all of Minecraft's base game achievements on PS4!! 💪 This was my first time ever defeating the Ender Dragon as well—the actual fight wasn't so bad, but ohh those towers were tedious.
Now I'm onto completing the expansion pack trophies as well (with the possible exception of Expansion Packs 2 and 5, as I'm not entirely sure I'll even be able to access the minigames required). I went ahead and cleaned up the last few trophies I needed to 100% Expansion Pack 8 too since I already had what I needed for them, so that one's already marked off my list.

I am going for a complete recruitment dex in Deltarune Chapter 1 and 2 (Switch version). So far, I have every enemy and that one hacker guy that needs 3 blue check marks recruited. I think the chapter 2 enemies are almost done, I need to check a cyberpedia when I find one to confirm my progress, but I have been sparing every enemy I see, so it should be complete soon.

I FINALLY CAUGHT AN ARAPAIMA IN CITY FOLK! This fish has always eluded me but I guess this is great luck!!! 🥰 I have only been trying for about 45 mins!
IMG_1241.png

I finished my first route playthrough of Jack Jeanne a little earlier, and with it got 30/30 of the Performance Results trophies!! 🎉 That's a clean sweep of the gold class and individual awards.
As with any game that gives me a nice tidy checklist... my urge is to go for the full 120/120, but I'm uncertain if I'll be able to get my rhythm game skills up to par to complete the Rhythm Action section ahahah. I'll try my best for it though!
Jack Jeanne Performance Trophy Completion.JPG

Going for 100% in TotK!

So far, only have done about 100 or so koroks, been ignoring those mostly. will catch up eventually on those
All towers, shrines, and lightroots found, as well as stables, villages, chasms, forges, device dispensers, bargainer statues, fairies/malanya, and crystal refineries
don't know how good i'm going at named map locations, but pretty good i suspect
hyrule compendium complete, paid for almost everything via diamond duplication (before patch)
All main quests (except Destroy Ganondorf and Find Princess Zelda as those cannot stay completed) done, all Side Adventures done, all Shrine Quests done, all memories found, and around 90/139 side quests complete.
Doing pretty poorly at exploring caves and wells, just doesn't seem as interesting to me.

Back