• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Plea For Durian

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
1710163674790.png

Someone please save the glorious 🌽, it doesn't deserve this shame.

You are a true hero for all the neglected Durians out there. Bards will travel the world and praising your deeds in their songs ✨

You will forever be remembered as the great Durian Hero of Farewell to New Leaf! 🙇‍♂️🙏

Thank you, thank you!

Remember: its always worth the stench to help out a friend.
images (1).jpeg

(Yes this was an existing picture)

I feel like @jadetine should be here

Woah woah woah, excuse me staff, but do you realize how many times I've mentioned durian in my event entries?
(Ok, maybe only once, but I do think about durian more than the average citizen).
As soon as my MEOW account settles, you best be ready for some stinky lineups!

Funny story-- my friend didn't believe that durian was a real fruit; he thought it was created for Mario Sunshine and just a nonsense spiky fruit made for the aesthetic. We bought some durian candy from the Asian market for him to try, but he couldn't even get it out of the wrapper without balking.
Durian is definitely not native to my country and I can only find it frozen... one summer on a trip to Asia I ate so much that I had a recurring nosebleed.
Durian and beans lineup = magical fruits?

My family loves durian too! One time when we were in Indonesia, my sister got some from a market, but than accidentally left it in the car overnight...

The next two weeks of our roadtrip the car smelled horrible lol 🥲 the durian tasted great tho!

I'm actually enjoying the idea of corn together with durian-- as a lineup, not a meal. Although... 🤔

Does the yellow hyacinth look enough like a corn?
625.jpg

Should I be saying "ear of corn"? That's just weirding me out the more I look at it. EAR of corn. Ear of CORN. EAR. 👂🌽

Funny story-- my friend didn't believe that durian was a real fruit; he thought it was created for Mario Sunshine and just a nonsense spiky fruit made for the aesthetic.
The funny thing is that I played Mario Sunshine as a kid, and I think it might have been my first exposure to durian as well. And I don't know if I realized it was a real fruit or not. I think I just didn't question it at all. Like yep, there's just this spiky fruit I can kick around. Don't know what it is, but oh well

It's nice to see some durian have been bought now! At some point I'll be buying one for myself and maybe swapping a few for other fruits

Back