• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A fruit you'd love to see in the games?

With the introduction of the farm crops in New Horizon, I thought they would've continued or had more. Maybe I interpreted the original trailer wrong, but I thought it listed off all the vegetables we did get and then finished the statement with 'and more' or something to that degree.

I thought we would be seeing corn (because they had corn in NL as a furniture piece) watermelon patches, and so much more.

I meant about palm trees not being a fruit!
Don't pineapples grow more like a bush/shrub. I remember it being very small when I did research on it. It doesn't grow to the kind of fruit tree we would expect. And each plant can only yield one pineapple from what I remember reading up.

Sorry @Stnh , I meant a little bit of variation, maybe like this one?
71jjWvZdRtL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

I'm not knocking your idea. Having pineapples would've been fun. Especially in NH where they should had focused on the tropical fruits. It'd be pretty funny seeing the villagers eat a whole pineapple. Much like them with a coconut.
I'm putting the idea out there, that there should be a greengrocers in a future game! Pineapple for all! 🍍 :D

Pineapples and mangoes. Sort of surprising that they aren’t in NH given the game is set on an Island with access to a tropical island location. We have coconuts and bananas so why not pineapples and mangoes?
I don't think they're in NH because it's a deserted (empty) island, not a desert (tropical) island. If it was tropical it'd be summer all the time like the GBA island from GC or Tortimer Island from NL, instead of Normal AC Seasons

Pineapples! I know it's not a fruit, but I would love the addition of palm trees.
Palm trees bear fruit. There's tons of them.

Just because something isn't edible to use doesn't mean they aren't a fruit :3 *looks at cotton*

Coconuts are a palm tree, and the fruit is the husk we peel off to eat the coconut itself.

Palm trees bear fruit. There's tons of them.

Just because something isn't edible to use doesn't mean they aren't a fruit :3 *looks at cotton*

Coconuts are a palm tree, and the fruit is the husk we peel off to eat the coconut itself.
I think a few members have misread my answer, or maybe I didn't explain it well enough! I meant I would love to see pineapples in the game, in whether it be you could only buy them from something the equivalent of Nook's or grown naturally.

The comment I made abut palm trees was nothing to do with fruit! I meant to have palm trees that don't grow any fruit. They just have leaves on them instead of having to shake the coconuts in NH from them to make them 'bare'! Also, to have a variation of palm trees, not just a stereotypical version of one! Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought there were types of palm trees that didn't grow fruit on them?

I would LOVE some melons and an Avacado tree.

Like, I would get SO MUCH JOY, out of an Avacado tree.

FREESHAVACADOO on every shake- money can't buy that kinda happiness.

I think a few members have misread my answer, or maybe I didn't explain it well enough! I meant I would love to see pineapples in the game, in whether it be you could only buy them from something the equivalent of Nook's or grown naturally.

The comment I made abut palm trees was nothing to do with fruit! I meant to have palm trees that don't grow any fruit. They just have leaves on them instead of having to shake the coconuts in NH from them to make them 'bare'! Also, to have a variation of palm trees, not just a stereotypical version of one! Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought there were types of palm trees that didn't grow fruit on them?
All plants bear fruit in some way. Most plants just need specific conditions and won't attempt to set fruit.

Cotton is a great example of how many plants bear fruit that look nothing like the fruit we eat. Allot of plants also have papery husks that is the fruit, etc. Etc.

Palms tend to bear clusters of fruit or large fruits (coco de mer having the largest seed in the world).

There are some exceptions. Like how many succulents and water plants mostly spread via vegetative reproduction. They can technically bear fruit, but almost never do.

Even things like garlic have fruit! Almost every garlic cultivar is actually the same plant, just cloned so much that they have mutated. You gotta coax garlic into setting fruit, it normally just produces bulbils if you don't (vegetative reproduction!)

Last edited:
I would want berries, especially strawberries. Watermelons too. I'd just love more ground crops in general. I have a strong love for farming games, so I'd be happy to see more farming added in the next game.

Grapes are already in Pocket Camp, but they should be in main series games. Watermelon, pineapple, and dragon fruit would also be nice to see.

I think that we should have some fruits that don’t grow on trees. That could be a cool addition. Like, what if there were berries that grow on bushes? I know vegetables are kind of like that, but last time I checked, vegetables aren’t fruit.

Back