• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What kind of minigames do you hope they add in future games?

Kanjouhi

(The title is) TOO LONG to write here.
Bells
Switch
8314-4447-3123
Pink Bunny Balloon
Blue Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Blue Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Title.
I do think they'll add minigames to future installments, syo I'm wondering. What KIND of minigames do you think they should add?
Alsyo, how do you think they'll incorporate them? I personally want them to add an arcade-type building that houses them. Maybe have it run by a returning special character (first one that comes to mind is Dr Shrunk, since if the villagers themselves are teaching you reactions then he'd kinda be out of a job, and him running an arcade kinda feels like the natural evolution of Club LOL to me).

Personally, my most wanted minigame would be a rhythm game that lets you play KK Slider's songs, maybe it could give you rewards and stuff based on your highest combo or if you got a full combo/all perfect on the song or something. Would be fun if you could compete against people online to see who gets the highest score/closest to perfect too. Maybe they could have some Famicom/NES games there too like in Population Growing? I don't know.

I'd like a remake of Desert Island Escape from Amiibo Festival / New Leaf Welcome Amiibo that could be played online with friends. It would've been perfect for New Horizons, but we didn't get anything minigame-eccentric. Multiplayer in NH is sort of bland compared to NL, where you could actually play minigames with others. Sure, they weren't overly complicated or anything, but it was more to do than just "visit X island and trade".

Also, a different Mario Party-like online board game could be interesting. Basically, take everything from Mario Party, and tone down the comic mischief to make it more chill. That's all you'd need at minimum.

Seems like a great idea, adding minigames in the next installment. I think the KK Slider rhythm game that the OP suggested would be pretty sweet, since I enjoy rhythm games. I want Puzzle League from NL to return as well.

I don't want NES games to come back, though. They removed that feature starting with Wild World for a good reason.

I’d like a beach volleyball minigame, since Flora often asks me to play volleyball with her, I say yes, and…nothing happens? It would be cool if it cut to a minigame instead.

So many!!! I would love the musical instruments to be used as a rhythm game to play songs and other players and villagers can join in in a style similar to the online game, Sky: Children of Light.

I would love for certain furniture items to allow for minigames like darts, pinball or the arcade game. Add to it, I would love for other players to join you in these types of games or even a visiting villager to be able to join you and provide commentary.

I would love for the ball to make a comeback from the original Animal Crossing and offer real games like a soccer/football game, or to bring back the sports fair and have actual events you can participate in.

I would love if villagers could do scavenger hunts again, play hide and seek, and maybe even a group tag game.

There are so many things we could do to allow for more ways to interact with the different villagers and I hope we see something like that going forward.

Honestly Im not a fan of what NH has to offer in terms of playing games with villagers. The card games are nice, but it's kind of all we have. I really want the ball from ACPG back... It was so fun. Or like QueenCobra suggested, the volleyball thing. That would be awesome.

I pretty much agree with all of these haha. I just want more minigames, even a simple return to what we had in NL would be better than nothing.

once again, increasingly feel as if Tortimer Island's minigames are mostly comprised of stuff you can do online anyway if you're creative enough. Competitive fishing, competitive bug catching, competitive finding a specific colour of flowers... if not for the Whack-A-Cornimer On A Mower, the balloon-popping minigame and the "find a specific piece of furniture in a house" minigames it would be entirely composed of stuff you can do with friends anyway.

So I'd really like something that felt minigame-specific, and more specifically something like the GBA minigames from e+, where you can play Red Light, Green Light; donjanken (essentially an athletic version of Rock, Paper, Scissors played in Japan) and dodgeball with villagers, but this time it's In Actual 3D and you can also play with friends who come round to your village (like group stretching or the Fishing Tourney in NH).

I hope they add a mining game to mine ores needed for recipes and/or customisation. They really need to bring back the gemstones (emerald, ruby, sapphire, amethyst) as well as the silver nuggets in addition to gold nuggets. Adding a diamond ore would be nice as well. Resetti or his brother Don can be in charge of the mine. The more common rewards would be clay, stone and iron but the ores would be the rare rewards.

I’d like a game that makes you use the toy hammer 🙂; not to hurt anyone but maybe on toy moles like whack a molr. Also the mini games have exclusive furniture like the campers had in NL for the camping game.

A possible idea of other types of mini games: being able to play a board game or console game with villagers and have certain dialogue choices that lead to you winning or losing. 🙂

A mini game that I think would be cool is being able to race your islanders/villagers or visitors in go karts.

I think it would be a fun idea to have a few different race courses and you could unlock certain clothing or furniture items. Or if you won a certain amount of games or came a place so many times.

Back