• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

10 games to get to know you! 🎮

ooh this is very much just going to be a list of my favourite games that I can think of, but to be fair I suppose the games I like say a lot about me as a person so..

1. animal crossing: wild world (ok not actually one of my favourites now but it was the first one i played and definitely shaped me up to be a big cosy gamer throughout my life)
2. animal crossing: new horizons
3. style boutique (style savvy in america/canada - the amount of hours i've spent in this game!! i used to play it to 'completion' then reset it and do it all over again. talking about it now makes me want to go and dig it out)
4. stardew valley
5. wylde flower (very much a newer game but i loved playing it, it was a perfect mix of farming sim and a story-based witchy game. 10/10 would recommend)
6. harvest moon: tale of two towns (i don't think it's an *official* harvest moon as in story of seasons game, but it was my first introduction to the franchise and i sunk HOURS into this as a kid)
7. the sims 4 (arguably the odd one out on this list but i love it)
8. mario kart (huge huge part of my childhood, one of the only games my *entire* family would play together lol)
9. rune factory 4
10. spiritfarer (absolutely would recommend this game!! made me cry, need i say more)

honourable mention to minecraft for being a consistent part of my life for who knows how long! i don't play it nearly as much as i used to, but i appreciate all it did for me and every now and then i'll hop back in if i'm feeling nostalgic

This is a fantastic idea for a thread! Mine would be:

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2. Stardew Valley
3. Dragon Age: Origins
4. Pokémon Black
5. Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
6. Borderlands (first title only)
7. Alice: Madness Returns
8. Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
10. Tales of Vesperia
Ohhhhhh, how could I forget about Madness Returns, I was so obsessed with that game when I was younger lol

Have you seen that American McGee is working on a concept for a new game in the series?

Ohhhhhh, how could I forget about Madness Returns, I was so obsessed with that game when I was younger lol

Have you seen that American McGee is working on a concept for a new game in the series?

I had not heard this! A new Alice game would be on my 'must play ASAP' list for sure. 😮

I like peaceful games lol

- Animal Crossing Series (ACNL, ACNH & the gamecube one)
- Stardew Valley
- Harvest Moon Magical Melody
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
- Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
- Pokemon Heartgold
- Pokemon Violet
- the Sims 4

Here are mine, in no particular order 🎀

• Story of Seasons (the first sos game)
  • Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Pokémon X
  • Pokémon Pearl
  • Blazblue (all)
  • Trails of Cold Steel (all)
  • Style Savvy (all)
  • Fire emblem Conquest
  • Imagine: Ice Champions
Dragon Quest: Sentinels of the Starry Sky
Tales of the Abyss
Smash Bros
Super Mario Galaxy
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

OOUH I LOVE SAYING NY FAVORITE GAMES!!!

1. Sally Face
2. ACNL
3. Bears Restaurant
4. Kirby Mass Attack
5. House
6. Pou
7. Minecraft
8. Rhythm Paradise
9. Cooking Mama
10. PuyoPuyo Tetris

Im a huge sucker for games that have deep meanings or theories/conspiracies behind them (more directed towards Sally Face, Bears Restaurant, House, Minecraft, and somewhat ACNL) I've watched many icebergs about ACNL, I DONT CARE IF ITS NOT TRUE OR REAL WHATEVER IS INTERESTING TO ME I WILL IMAGINE IT BEING TRUE!!! The last three are just challenging (?) games, sorta. I really enjoy them though!!! Lots a fun especially Rhythm Paradise since i love music :3

Oh boy, this was a tough one to try and do. Rather than do a simple "these are my 10 favorite games" (which, well, I guess ultimately most of them ended up being a part of my top 12 anyways, lol), I tried to include as many different games/series as I could to give a better idea of who I am, on top of trying to space out the years of the games as best as I could after the first few I listed.

This feels like a list that encapsulates me well enough. Order is based on the chronological order of when I first played them:
  • Banjo-Tooie (the first game I ever owned)
  • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (my favorite game of all-time)
  • Skies of Arcadia: Legends (my second favorite of all-time)
  • Pikmin (the game I replayed all the time)
  • NHL 06 (my introduction to sports games and one I still have fond memories of)
  • Red Dead Redemption (one of my first introductions to open world games and one I still hold dearly to this day)
  • Town of Salem (an online multiplayer game I played a ton of for roughly 2 years)
  • A Hat in Time (my third favorite game of all-time)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons (the game with the most known play-time)
  • Celeste (a game I first played this year that I'm a huge fan of)

I tried to keep games to one per series/genre, which is hard when most of the games I like are JRPGs and MMOs 💦
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Pokemon Silver
  • Mabinogi
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Witch's House
  • Touch Detective
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Splatoon 2
  • JRPGs: Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia
    ... and most Tales games. Also .hack but I never actually finished them -- I just have a soft spot for them
  • MMOs: Maplestory, Ragnarok Online, Tree of Savior
  • Puzzle Games: Professor Layton series
  • RPG Maker Games: ib, Omori
  • Rhythm Games: Rhythm Heaven Fever, Love Live School Idol Festival

Oo this is challenging, but I tried to keep to one game per series!

- Pokémon mystery dungeon explorers of sky
- Legend of Zelda totk
- Animal Crossing Wild World
- Splatoon 3
- Fantasy Life
- Undertale
- Wandersong
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics (DSi)
- Drawn to Life

- Pokemon Platinum, SOulsilver or Black 2
- Batman Lego 2
- Wandersong
- Lego Indiana Jones
- Mario Party Superstars
- Wobbledogs

- Animal Crossing Wild World
- Animal Crossing New Leaf
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- BOTW/TOTK
- Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
- Pokemon LeafGreen
- Katamari Damacy
- Love Live: School Idol Festival (I was addicted to this for years lmao)
- Genshin Impact
- Undertale

I can't help feeling like I'm forgetting an important one but these are all games I love a lot

- FFXIV
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
- Tales of Berseria
- Mabinogi
- LoZ: Wind Waker
- FFCC: Echoes of Time
- Soul Calibur
- PokéPark
- Sonic and the Black Knight
- Nier

also too many honourable mentions because it’s hard to choose :’D
- Super Paper Mario
- Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
- Super Mario Galaxy
- FE Fates / FE3H
- Rune Factory 4
- Avalon Code
- Ace Attorney
- Harvest Moon The Tale of Two Towns / DS Cute
- Drawn to Life

Hmmm. Games to get to know me. Ha - this will be fun. To truly get to know me, I'm including all kinds of games.

Tag - Go outside and play tag all day. For hours and hours and hours. Freeze tag, tv tag, monster tag, just keep running around outside because you are NOT allowed in the house. If you get thirsty, use the garden hose. If you get hurt, wipe the blood off in the grass and act like it doesn't hurt. Hopscotch, jump rope, and dodgeball also acceptable.

Asteroids - Gather up the quarters, arcade games have arrived! You can finally play inside, with AC! Try to keep your initials at the top of the high score board, and laugh at all of the "rude" initials, haha.

Space invaders - The folks finally caved and bought an atari! Video games at home! Crazy! Now we aren't the lamest house on the block anymore. Tank is the runner up game here. And wow! Such awesome graphics!

Street Fighter II - (SNES) - Yeah, buddy, invite friends over to your crappy college apartment and have a pizza/drinks/street fighter II/drinks party.

Spades - Yes, the card game. Play this for many, many hours with your army buddies during downtime. And there's a brand new cool card game out now, Magic the Gathering, so play that, too. (But don't save any of those orginal cards....pfft)

Super Mario Sunshine - Wow! Someone gave you a used gamecube, and check this out! Amazing graphics! The music! Spray that water everywhere! (And fight your kids for game time, because those turkeys also like to play, so you have to share...)

Animal Crossing (GCN) - Buy this game with no expectations and fall absolutely in love. Everyone in the family has a cartridge with a town. You buy axes from your son's Axe Sending Service (ha, yeah...), bury trash in your husband's town when you have an argument (ha, gotcha!), cry when Merry moves away, and get upset when you are rude to a villager you do not like and they NEVER move away....

Mario Galaxy (Wii)/ Mario Kart Wii- Love these games! The music, the atmosphere, just perfect for galaxy. And Mario Kart! Yes, your kids defeat you (repeatedly) but it's still awesome fun.

Animal Crossing New Horizons - Finally! Terraforming! Yes, the island is an absolute wreck, constantly in a state of design chaos, but...terraforming! Also, your favorite villagers will not move away. Close runners up - pikmin, ssbu.

Pokemon Go - aaaand we're back outside! Go walk 20km for that legendary candy or primal energy, get suckered into buying more remote raid passes, and get to see the insane drama of pokemon go in a very tiny town, heh heh....

Honorable mentions -

Monopoly - I played this often, but cannot recommend this fun-for-the-whole-family game, because it all too often ended badly, with much drama and trauma and arguments and tears.

Bourré - Card game played with relatives. Bring your change, and don't cry when the adults fleece you...

I... can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. I could've sworn I had, but I guess I just thought about it really hard. 😅 Let's see...

⚔️ Dragon Quest XI S - The Dragon Quest series is near and dear to me and I feel like XI does an incredible job of capturing everything I love about the series, so it makes an excellent representative. The Definitive Edition is important because I just don't vibe with Gemma at all I'M SORRY. For who I'd pick from a self-insert standpoint, Sylvando and Serena. For who I'd pick from a "shipping the Hero" standpoint, Erik or Serena.

🌾Rune Factory 5 - Has almost everything I like in a game! Farming, fighting monsters and saving the world, taming cute monsters, really sweet romances, and it's pretty to look at. The farming mechanics are also laid-back enough to not really stress me out, but still have plenty of depth to them.

💎 Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ - Okay I'm cheating a little here because this is actually just a two-games-in-one edition but it was also the version I played, so there!! It counts! One of my absolute favorite otome games with a heroine who's very relatable to me, and I love fandiscs with fluffy domestic after-stories.

❄️ Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ - Fluffy Code: Realize fandisc that owns my heart!!

🌕 Jack Jeanne - I haven't even finished this one, but I've loved what I've played so much I don't see myself regretting placing it here. It's a slow-burn otome game with lots of friendship and good vibes, and it's hit me in the gender feels a few times already.

🗻 Pokémon Legends: Arceus - My favorite mainline Pokémon game, based off the generation I grew up with, and a strong focus on satisfying task completion which I always find really enjoyable in a game.

⚙️ Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - A favorite from my childhood that's stood the test of time. Incredible story, hit me in the feels a ton.

💜 Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani - Fairly chill slice-of-lifey otome and one of my favorites of the genre! I feel like I'd love to have the main character's job fr fr. Go on long walks, befriend ayakashi and make sure they've got what they need? Please sign me up. I will endure the paperwork.

⛏️ Minecraft - A game I always keep coming back to that I value for both adventuring and building. I also like a lot of Minecraft content on Youtube, so hey.

🍃 Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Was rather torn between this one and New Horizons because there's aspects I really like about both, but I love the atmosphere of this one and I played it very consistently for a long time, so it wound up being my final choice of the two.

Picking just ten is surprisingly difficult ahaha ;u;
- Undertale
- Rune Factory 4 Special
- Fantasy Life
- Slime Rancher
- Stardew Valley

1. Zelda: Majora's Mask. My favorite game of all time. I got the game for Christmas the year it released and it became a rather large part of my childhood. I still regularly play through the game to this day, though most of my runs lately have been randomized. This does not include the 3DS remake though, which finds itself on the exact opposite side of the spectrum as my least favorite game of all time.

2. Pokemon Fire Red. This was the first Pokemon game I ever owned and I loved it to the point where I had made it a nightly ritual to run through the Elite Four at least once a night (partially for party training, but mostly just because). I logged over 500 Elite Four completions on that save file, but unfortunately when I let a friend borrow the game to do some trading, their younger brother got a hold of the game and saved over my file. But this game ignited my love for Pokemon.

3. Plants vs Zombies. I loved the game so much I ended up buying it 4 times over! I have it on Steam, DS, DSiWare, and Xbox 360. It's a simple concept but brilliantly executed.

4. American Truck Simulator. I like traveling, I like road trips, and I like trucks. Now I can drive across the US (well, part of the US anyway) from the comfort of my home without having to deal with real life idiot drivers! It's a fun game to relax to as well, and is the only game on Steam that I have over 1,000 hours on.

5. Transport Fever, my latest gaming addiction. I love how this game allows you to build a transport network throughout the years starting as far back as 1850, using trucks, trains, boats, buses, and planes, and then sit back and ride the lines yourself in a first person view! It really helps drive home that feeling of accomplishment when you ride a complete line you've been working on since the start of the file 50 hours ago.

6. Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The game that stole over 3 years of my life, and I still consider it to be the definitive Animal Crossing game. I played this game an unhealthy amount at the start (logging over 120 hours in the first 10 days), but even after bringing my play time down to a more reasonable level I still continued to play the game for years before starting to lose interest, only for the Welcome Amiibo update to release and reignite my interest in the game once again.

7: Animal Crossing (GC), the game that started it all. What started out as a random bargain bin buy at GameStop ended up turning into a years-long "addiction" to the Animal Crossing series as a whole.

8. Call of Duty: World at War. Specifically the Zombies game mode, though the campaign was great too. Back when the Zombies mode was brand new and still relatively basic. Despite there only being 4 maps by the end of the game's release cycle, I spent way too much of my free time trying to beat my personal best rounds on each map, and even spent many days playing split-screen Zombies with my dad as well. At the time, we made a pretty formidable team! I still go back to the game every now and then just to experience the mode again at its most basic level, without all of the weird story mechanics and gimmicks and whatever that the newer games have.

9. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Such an incredible experience, and my second favorite GBA game of all time only behind Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green. It's also my most played Mario game ever, even above Mario Kart DS which I played religiously. I've lost count of the number of times I've beaten the game, but even after repeated playthroughs the game still holds up just as well now as it did back then. I also found out somewhat recently that a randomizer exists for this game too, so I'll likely be giving that one a shot at some point in the near future. This is the game that pushed Luigi toward being one of my favorite video game characters of all time, though in the end it was Luigi's Mansion that solidified that position.

10. 1602 A.D. (known as Anno 1602 outside the US). This was my first ever introduction to city building games and is a big part of why I enjoy the genre today. It's a game that's fairly easy to start but difficult to master, with a surprising amount of depth to the game for how long ago it released. We picked this game up from a random set of PC games on sale at Big Lots of all places, and while everyone else in my family played it a few times at most before quitting, I was drawn in deep and most of the time I was allowed to use the computer was spent on this game. At the time I was in awe that there was a game where I could build up my own city from scratch however I saw fit (within the restrictions of the game's mechanics, of course) and watch it grow as a direct result of my own actions. That is, until pirates would attack my ship out of nowhere and sink it before I'd realize that I forgot to transfer the rest of my materials to my warehouse now that I had room for them! But making mistakes like that, learning from them, and then putting the knowledge to practice for future builds was super fun and incredibly rewarding, even if at that age I didn't entirely understand exactly what I was supposed to be doing. I actually still have the game installed to this day, and while it's a pain to get working sometimes it is still a very enjoyable and super nostalgic experience.

11 (honorable mention). Old School Runescape. I was playing this game back when "old school" Runescape was just regular Runescape. My parents weren't happy with me playing the game due to it being an MMO (they didn't like the "communicating with random strangers" aspect of it, understandably so), but even after getting in trouble over and over again I still continued to play it. Then, when the actual Old School Runescape released and opened up to free players, I jumped right back in for the nostalgia trip and ended up getting addicted to it all over again. This time though, I didn't have to worry about getting in trouble for playing it, or try to hide my play time or whatever, so I was able to progress much further than I could in the past. I eventually ended up springing for a membership for the first time, and when the whole members-locked section of the game opened up to me it felt like I was falling in love with the game for the first time all over again. I've since stopped playing it for the time being as my interest has faded, but I doubt I'll be staying away for too long!

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Rune Factory Frontier
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World
  • Fantasy Life
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Paper Mario (N64)
  • Harvest Moon (N64)
  • Left 4 Dead
  • The Sims 3
  • Killing Floor
All of these hold a lot of memories for me, and most speak to my general game taste (RPGs/Simulation).

I'd love to add a few more in the above mentioned series though if I could (e.g.: Animal Crossing for the GameCube, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, MySims for the Wii, the first Sims).

* Miitopia
* Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
* Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
* Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
* Animal Crossing
* Animal Crossing: Wild World
* Animal Crossing: City Folk
* Animal Crossing: New Leaf
* Animal Crossing: New Horizons
* Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Animal Crossing: Population Growing

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Tomodachi Life

Minecraft

The Legendary Starfy

Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning

1. Pokemon Diamond - Truly one of the better Pokemon games, it was my first ever Pokemon game and my first starter ended up being Chimchar, of which I still have as a level 100 Infernape to this day.

2. Fire Emblem: Awakening - My first Fire Emblem game that introduced myself and many others to the franchise. Funnily enough, when I was trying to obtain a copy they were LITERALLY sold out everywhere, so I had to buy a Fire Emblem: Awakening edition 3DS just to play the game. :LOL:

3. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - This was the game that got me interested in the Xenoblade franchise as a whole. Literally one of the best JRPGs ever made. I have fond memories of playing it throughout the years and joking about things from the game with an old friend from this site. Finally maxed out my team and completed the game in Christmas of 2018. The ending scene was so worth it...

4. Genshin Impact - I have long since given up MMORPGs as I find the community aspect taints them in general. Genshin Impact, however, proved to me that an online game can be fun without relying too much on the multiplayer aspect. Truly ahead of its time, this giant crashed the mobile gaming market and has sent headlines ringing through both China, Japan, and Asia in general. It's also gone on to inspire similar games like Honkai: Star Rail and the upcoming Zenless Zone Zero.

5. Shin Megami Tensei IV - As creepy as this game was when I first played it, it's what got me interested in buying SMT V as well (of which I have yet to play a lot of, hehe...). I find it super interesting how you can control your own demons and use them to fight enemies.

6. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate - The apex of fighting games, SSBU is a classic beat-em-up and is the summation of all the past entries put together. Truly one of a kind.

7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - This game is what got me interested again in AC and caused me to join this forum. I don't think anything else needs to be said here. The game speaks for itself.

8. Ribbit King for the GameCube - I've spent SO many hours on this game in the past. It was a ton of fun and I was an expert at it, defeating everyone I "frolfed" with. Of huge importance as well for making sure I stayed interested in video games.

9. Mario Kart for the Wii - I remember playing this game ages ago with an old friend and I'll never forget the fun times had. Sadly we're no longer friends anymore and I don't play Mario Kart games anymore, or Mario games for that matter. But good memories nonetheless.

10. Sonic Generations - One of the last games I played with said friend from above, I feel like this game encapsulates the best parts of all the Sonic games leading up to this time. Truly fun to play and innovative as you can play with either 3D or 2D Sonic depending on the stage. I have it downloaded on my 3DS, but refuse to open it due to the risk of bringing up too many past memories.

🍄Super Mario 64 This was my favorite game as a child, and I used to play it all the time. I still love it and replay it every now and then!
🎵Banjo-Kazooie This was probably my second favorite game as a child, and I've played it a lot!
🎢Rollercoaster Tycoon Another childhood favorite, I spent many hours playing this game!
👩🏻‍🌾Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life This was the first Harvest Moon game I played. I still need to check out the Story of Seasons remake. This game sparked my love for farming games~
🐈Animal Crossing This one's probably kind of obvious given the site we're on, but I did decide to go with the first game specifically. It's the game that started it all and the first Animal Crossing game I played!
⚔️RuneScape The first MMORPG I played was Toontown, but I only played that for a few months before I moved on to RuneScape. I started playing it in sixth grade, and I was addicted to it for a few years. Every now and then I'll check back in and play a bit
🧶Yoshi's Woolly World It's just so cute and fun! I've replayed it a few times. Crafted World was a bit of a letdown in comparison
🛡The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild The only Zelda game I played before this was Ocarina of Time, and I only played a little bit of that one when I was a child. I got a Switch at launch, and this was the first game I played on the Switch. I had so much fun with it, and I should probably get Tears of the Kingdom at some point, but I have other games to play first
🌱Pikmin 4 Really, any Pikmin game would work since I've played and loved them all
🐙Splatoon 3 Same as Pikmin, any Splatoon game would work, but this is just the one I've been playing recently

Some Honorable Mentions:
🐼Zoo Tycoon
🔫GoldenEye 007 (But only the multiplayer because that's what I used to play with my brother)
🌽Stardew Valley
🥚Sonic Adventure
☀Super Mario Sunshine
🌕Super Mario Odyssey
🎲Super Mario Party 3

Back