• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

10 games to get to know you! 🎮

Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the Abyss
Goemon’s Great Adventure
Pokémon Sapphire
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Kirby Super Star
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Pikmin 2
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town

It was actually incredibly difficult to pick just 10, I feel like sooo much is missing here. 😭 Without going in depth these are just some of the games that had the greatest influence on me/are reflective of everything I love in a game.

🍃 Animal Crossing New Leaf
🐉 The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
⚔️ Fire Emblem Awakening
🛡️ Fire Emblem Three Houses
🦑 Splatoon 3
✨ Genshin Impact
🌱 Stardew Valley
🌈 Wandersong
🏆 MarioKart Wii
🌠 Kirby Super Star Ultra

This was definitely hard to narrow down! MK Wii and Kirby SSU I haven't played in ages, but I recall them being a big part of my childhood and were some of the first games that came to mind when I was thinking about older games I had played. I honestly do wanna go back and play Kirby SSU when I have the time again. Wandersong is a shorter game but the message it conveyed and the way it went about its story telling will always stick with me, it's truly a hidden gem imo.

I'd probably call them more impactful than my personal top ten.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Tomb Raider (2013)
Stardew Valley
Slay the Spire
Mario Kart DS
Life is Strange
Minecraft
Sims 3

Ooo I like this question!

Top 3 (Currently)
🎼 Project Sekai Colorful Stage
🐙 Splatoon 3
🍃 Animal Crossing (New Leaf + New Horizons)

Others in the top 10
🐢 Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
🐰 Melon Journey
🌙 To The Moon
💡 One Shot
❤️ Needy Streamer Overload
👨‍👧 Lisa (The Series)
💀 Monster Prom

Project Sekai basically encompasses my love for rhythm games (and gacha games, to an extent). I don't play the game that much anymore but I'm pretty much updated with my bias group's story and their cards. Idk I love the characters so much I'm so attached to them even after starting the game almost 2 years ago!

Splatoon 3 is just my go-to stress reliever (or something to redirect my stress to, lol). It's my first Splatoon game and I'm having loads of fun trying out different weapons. I love the motion control and how dynamic and colorful the game is. Definitely deserves to be a top shooter game with the others.

AC introduced me to decorating and it's been so much fun thinking outside the box and decorating to my heart's content.

Pokemon DPPt is my childhood game, listening to the OST brings back so many memories and it's just overall such a nostalgic game for me.

Melon Journey is my cute feel-good game. Very relaxing to play with silly quests and silly dialogue. I saw they released the sequel (Melon Journey Bittersweet Memories) which is on sale rn, I am so down to play it soon! Monster Prom is in the same light except it's more goofy than cute, it's the kind of game where I can shut down my brain and experience so many different scenarios and laugh about them lol.

To The Moon / One Shot / Lisa / Needy Streamer Overload: Pixel game enjoyers rise up!! These four are very story-driven and emotional in their own way. To The Moon had me crying when I was 15, it was a special game shared by one of my close friends and it's something I'll never forget him for. One Shot is sooo good, it properly immerses you by breaking the fourth wall very early on and you have to kind of think outside the box for it! Lisa is also a really good game albeit sad story, it explores lots of mature themes and even the smallest decisions affect your gameplay permanently. One of the few turn-based games I really enjoyed; I want to replay it again. NSO is also in the same light with mature themes, I was in love with the thought of multiple endings even if none of them are truly a "good" ending. Also I love KAngel lots like I want to care for her.

okay guys this is my jam

animal crossing: new horizons
tomodachi life
splatoon 3
stardew valley
miitopia
nintendogs
minecraft
wytchwood
overwatch
super mario 64 (don't judge, that game was my childhood)
sims 4

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (PlayStation)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GameCube)
MarioKart: Double Dash (GameCube)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
Portal (Xbox 360)
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Destiny 2 (Xbox One)
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

I limited myself to one game per franchise so the list would be interesting—shoutout to Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Black 2, Pokémon Moon, and Super Mario Galaxy for also being great!

1. animal crossing: new horizons
  2. genshin impact
  3. honkai: star rail
  4. cookie run: kingdom
  5. fire emblem awakening
  6. super princess peach
  7. super mario galaxy
  8. the sims 4
  9. mario party ds
  10. mario & sonic at the olympic games (wii & ds)
majority of these are games from my childhood but they defined my youth so they deserved a spot here hehe 💕

updated the list to include some more recent stuff

stray
frog detective: the entire mystery
sea of stars
a short hike
animal crossing new horizons
nintendogs and cats
tomodachi life
mario and sonic at the 2012 london olympic games
mario kart wii
new super mario bros wii

Last edited:
Pokemon Heartgold
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Lego Star Wars Wii/DS
Subnautica Below Zero
Hades
Celeste
Elden Ring
Valorant

lol

WolfQuest [ a golden eagle stole my pup. ]
Changed
Yume Nikki
Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea
.flow
CLASSIC GAME [ i completely fail to understand how HORSES MUSIC DOGS art has gone entirely unrecognized for this long ]
10 beautiful postcards [ one game i think every one should play. drifty woozy everything is always in motion ]
Saya no Uta
Irisu Syndrome
VA-11 HALL-A

a tiny little bit idiosyncratic

Last edited:
Easy answer

-twewy
-parasite eve
-ff7
-chrono trigger
-trace memory
-xenogears
-time hollow
-hotel dusk room 215
-kingdom hearts
-raincode
-danganronpa
-devil survivor
-project diva

and the list goes on and on

i feel like i’d be here all night if i tried to rank them in order of favourites/how impactful each game was to me since i love them all and they‘ve honestly all played a part in who i am and the types of games i enjoy, so i’ve decided to list them alphabetically instead :’)

🧸 among the sleep
🍃 animal crossing: new leaf
🌍 animal crossing: wild world
📖 doki doki literature club
🐻 five nights at freddy’s
🤡 five nights at freddy’s: sister location
👑 mysims kingdom
👻 spooky’s jumpscare mansion
💁🏻‍♀️ tomodachi life
🍄 the last of us part I (though i love part II as well)

runner-ups:
👩🏻‍🌾 harvest moon: island of happiness
🌟 mario party superstars
🏆 mysims party
🐈 neko atsume
🐧 penguin diner and penguin diner 2
🛍️ style savvy and style savvy: fashion forward
🚊 subway surfers

i’m probably missing a few, but this is pretty much a mixture of games that i still play currently, and games that i played growing up that had a massive impact on me. regardless of when the last time i played them was, they are all still very special to me 💖

Ohh, this is kind of a hard one for me ;w;

In order, it's looking something like this;

🍃 Animal Crossing: New Leaf; Specifically because it was one of my most played 3DS games. It also made me a lot of friends here on the forums, which I'll always be grateful for. My fondest memory of New Leaf was @MasterM64 helping me dig holes and place stuff down for cute patterns and paths on my town.

💕 Pokémon White; This one should be a given to anyone that knows me. My Papa bought me the game when it came out, because he had known how excited I was for it as a child. I played through it 7 times total that summer. A new playthrough every time I beat it. I think I played it so much I can't ever finish it again to completion, lol. But it's such a nostalgic game for me. Brings back memories of a simpler time.

🌠 Genshin Impact; Love the characters, love grinding spending money to get characters, I love artifact farming and the game is just really fun to play. It is probably why my spending habit has gotten so bad, but.. I have a lot of friends I've made through this game, kinda like with AC:NL.

🏝️ Animal Crossing: New Horizons; I met a lot of people during a very tough time in my life (with COVID being another tough time), and although I've reset my island billions of times, the thrill of playing never goes away. It reminds me of how so many people came together during COVID and quarantine to make something good out of our lives, no matter how sad life seemed at the time.

💫 Kingdom Hearts; Even though I haven't played all of them yet.. >_> I love it regardless. I have my boyfriend to thank, since it was a series I never played as a kid, like him. I have almost all of the bundles on my PC and will get around to playing more eventually. I love Riku a lot. He reminds me of me ;w;

🥕 Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns; I just REALLY love this game. Cute, farming aspects, romance aspects. I played it constantly last winter, I never had my DS out of my hands, lol. I'll romance Cam every time. It was also my first taste of a HM/SoS game. It's special to me.

🩸 Devil May Cry 5; Something else my boyfriend got me into -3- That and being a Vergil Enjoyer. The story is very rich to me. I love all the characters, and Dante and Vergil's 'rivalry' despite being siblings, is something I'll never get tired of. I love that you can play AS Vergil in this one, too. I haven't touched much of DMC4, but I love DMC5 simply because.. Vergil. :lemon:

🌾 Stardew Valley; Played this a lot on my Switch AND my PC. I really enjoy the diversity of the romance options. I always go for Alex (teehee), because he's just my type. I love farming simulators or games with farming aspects, if you couldn't tell. I was going through a difficult time with a friend group when I first started playing SDV, and playing it so much really got me out of what I was dealing with.

🌕 Pokémon White 2; If you love Pokémon White, you'll LOVE Pokémon White 2!!! 😱 What I really loved about this game in particular was you could import your save data from Pokémon White/Black and have little flashbacks/memories in 2. I've never really seen anything like that in a game before, so it was really nice.

🌷 Ikémen Sengoku; One of my favorite otomes games, that definitely taught me a lesson about spending money in a way. I was in high-school when I first picked this one up. I'd play everyday, for hours on end just reading the stories over and over. Nobunaga Oda my beloved.

Notable mentions go to...

👾 Honkai: Star Rail
🪷 Midnight Cinderella (YET another otome!!!! 😱)
:lemon: Ooblets (this is a new one for me, but I VERY MUCH enjoy it. I can't stop playing it..)
👻 Pokémon Shield
👑 Pokémon Violet (despite all of it's bugginess)

Kingdom Hearts
Undertale
Original Final Fantasy VII
Pokemon Gen 7
Planet Zoo (and zoo tycoon 1+2)
Smash Ultimate
Animal Crossing
WolfQuest (nostalgic!)
Breath of the Wild (+TOTK)
Stardew Valley
Cattails
And so many more! But I named ten that came to mind ^ - ^

-fire emblem: engage
-xenoblade chronicles 2
-story of seasons: trio of towns
-dance central 2
-petz vet
-jet set radio future
-sonic rush
-kirby super star ultra
-banjo-kazooie: nuts and bolts
-ace attorney: trials and tribulations

these are all games that impacted me a lot. i think you’d get a good idea of who am i just from playing these lol

if i could add another i would add viva piñata: party animals :>

🌋 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
🪐Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II
👩‍👩‍👧‍👧 The Sims 2
🤠 Fallout: New Vegas
🧛‍♂️ Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
👩‍🌾 Stardew Valley
🍃 Animal Crossing: New Leaf
🕶 Deus Ex (2000)
🦞🐋 Pokemon Emerald
🌌 Mass Effect 1, 2, 3

All of these games mean a lot to me