• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

10 games to get to know you! 🎮

Animal Crossing
Pokemon
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sylvester and Tweety in Cagey Capers
Stardew Valley
Hogwarts Legacy
Zoo Tycoon
Guitar Hero
GTA San Andreas

Very random list I know, but these games are my soul.

This is a tough one for me.

My top ten (in no particular order):

Persona 5 Royal
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Dragon Age: Origins & Awakening (Ultimate Collection)
Final Fantasy X
Shadow Hearts: Covenant (Shadow Hearts 1 is also amazing though the little bit of voiceovers didn’t impress me & one part of the game I could not clear without my ex’s help - you have to open a door by tapping a button fast enough or something. i would’ve replayed it much more if it wasn’t for that one part).
World of Warcraft (played it with my ex; I miss it — mostly because of my pets and mounts. I still want to get the phoenix mount and Mr. Bigglesworth pet 😭)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (the entire series was great story wise; Snake Eater is my favorite gameplay and story wise)
Tekken Tag 2 (played it with friends at our parties and Soul calibur iI)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf & Happy Home Designer
The Sims 3 - I miss it. I loved making dramas 😈. I need a new computer though.

Honorable Mentions:

Civilization III & IV
Oregon Trail II
Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow up to Diamond (bring back game corners please)
Tony Hawk Pro skater 1-3 & Underground 2
Golden Eye
Mario Party 1-4
Assassin’s Creed 1-Brotherhood
Fire Emblem Awakening
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII (not so much gameplay wise, but the story was great)
Final Fantasy XV (i got it day one and never replayed it or got any of the dlcs; it still makes me mad how they handled it. I lover the gameplay and the story a lot for the most part. I am tempted by the Ardyn DLC if it comes to the switch and doesn’t have crash issues like civ vi does).
Sid Meier’s Civil War Game - Gettysburg
American Girl Game (you can make plays on it)

Fire Emblem Three Houses: initially, when looking at the character designs, I was hesitant about getting the game even though a friend recommend it since none of the characters designs appealed to me (when I didn’t know about the timeskip), but now I love a lot of the characters and I appreciate their designs too.

Dragon Age Origins: when I first saw my ex (way before I broke up with him) play one of the Dragon Age games, I wasn’t impressed with the graphics. But one birthday, he got me the ultimate collection for xbox 360 and I liked it so much, I bought it for my pc (even though it barely can run on it) so I could take screenshots. I joined the fandom for a bit (a Cullen fan group) and even tried writing a fan fiction. I played it so much and always had a story in my head for my warden. I liked to run around in the game like in the mage’s tower and hang out with Cullen for quite a bit 😅. The voice acting and banters were phenomenal. I still wish we could romance nathaniel howe in awakening.

Final Fantasy X: I wrote about my thoughts on tumblr and for a good amount of time, I’d discuss the game with other fans of the game and analyze pretty much every scene. I was considering writing a fan fiction but I didn’t go far with that. I wrote a paper on the game’s themes too in one of my English classes I took.

I love games with a good story, theme (like a mix of realism like political maneuvers), character development. The story is the most important to me. I love games where you can make choices that can impact your ending and/or have multiple endings (I am not interested in Mass Effect though, at least not now). I’m not into games that are too gorey & violent (Dragon Age for some reason doesn’t bother me much; just one particular part of Origins gave me chills and I have to mute the sound whenever I get to that point in replays).

No particular order:

1. Animal Crossing Wild World
2. Mario Kart DS
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Pokemon Emerald
5. The Sims 4
6. Super Princess Peach
7. Super Mario RPG
8. Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility
9. Splatoon
10. Chrono Trigger

I LOVE ALL OF THESE BABIES SO MUCH! These are my favorite 10 titles that I think would give everyone a good idea of what I enjoy playing. I tried to condense some of my faves so some have two very similar games. These are just off the top of my head so I already know I forgot some really good ones xD

1. Animal Crossing New Leaf 🍃
2. Pikmin 3 🌱
3. Splatoon 🎨
4. Dragon Quest Heroes ⚔
5. Mario Kart 8 🏁
6. Project Mirai DX / Project Diva Future Tone 🎶
7. Mario Sports Mix 🏀🏐
8. Cooking Mama Cookstar / Cooking Mama Sweet Shop 🍜🍰
9. Mario Party 10 / Mario Party Star Rush 🎉🎲
10. Yoshi's Wooly World / Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World 🧶

1. Fallout: New Vegas
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  4. Disco Elysium
  5. Pokemon (Emerald and OR/AS)
  6. Halo (2 specifically)
  7. The Sims (2+3)
  8. Animal Crossing New Leaf
  9. Fable: The Lost Chapters
  10. Baldurs Gate 3
Post automatically merged:

Hades
Sims 3
Bayonetta
Stardew Valley
Baldur's Gate 3
Disco Elysium
Yakuza 0
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Nier Automata
Tekken Tag 2
the taste level is so high

My whole list ended up being things I played on Nintendo consoles. 😛 Alphabetically:
  1. Animal Crossing (GCN) First AC game, series has been a mainstay in my gaming history
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf First game after a 3 year hiatus from gaming; along with HHD, was my downtime waiting to carpool home from work
  3. Banjo-Kazooie I play this once every 5-10 years
  4. Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak Favorite of the series
  5. Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu Sword/Shield is my favorite mainline, but I think this better represents my gaming style since I don’t like making pokémon fight. Also, this is basically my first Pokémon game (Yellow) but with cutesy graphics and minimal combat
  6. Pokémon Snap I like the spin-offs best and spent lots of time on this, Pokémon Channel and the mini-games of Stadium 1&2.
  7. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Chao Garden especially, but I liked the treasure hunting a lot too
  8. Splatoon 2 Played this iteration the most, probably matched with AC as my favorite series now
  9. Super Mario Sunshine Was a top 3 game for a long time, with such a great atmosphere
  10. Super Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl Played all but skipped Smash 4 for the most part. Melee and Brawl were when I was super into the series and it was tied with AC as my favorite
Most of these, I have memories of playing with or beside friends or family. Also, as you can probably tell, I’m addicted to cute and drawn mostly to games featuring animals.

Some honorable mentions:
  • The Adventures of Cookie & Cream: cute, bunnies, puzzle game, played with non-gamer childhood friend
  • Guilty Gear: was absolute trash at game, but I enjoyed bonding with my brother with this
  • Rock Band: you know
  • Soul Calibur 3: can’t say I was good, but I enjoyed playing with family, friends, neighbors; loved playing Tira
  • Unravel: physics puzzle platformer
  • Yoshi’s Story: I played it in Japanese as a kid, so I don’t actually know the story, but it was fun

Back