• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you shampoo?

How often do you shampoo your hair?

• Every day

Votes: 71 39.7%
  • Every other day

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (don't vote for this option)

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People say it's bad to shampoo your hair every day but it feels weird if I don't. I kind of want to stop doing it so much but then I feel unclean.

Me too, I try to wash my hair every Morning

Everyday? ;; Gosh guys it's not healthy to wash your hair everyday. :( That's why I wash mine every other day. My hair is really healthy as a result so I don't need to do it like everyday, even if I do straighten/blow dry my hair. So my hair can last those days feeling really nice and soft!

I do really enjoy washing my hair though. It's fun, and makes me feel all clean and stuff. But it just takes me forever to do it because I have long, thick hair, so I use conditioner too. If I didn't have conditioner I don't know how I'd survive...

every other day or every 2 days.. i have pretty thick hair so I have to do it more often

Everyday? ;; Gosh guys it's not healthy to wash your hair everyday. :( That's why I wash mine every other day. My hair is really healthy as a result so I don't need to do it like everyday, even if I do straighten/blow dry my hair. So my hair can last those days feeling really nice and soft!

But everyone's hair is different, too? Different textures call for different maintenance. How hard/soft your water is plays a big role in it, too.
Likewise, my skin care routine probably wouldn't work for you. :p

I shampoo every day, sometimes twice a day, and it's still full and soft and healthy. It gets too greasy if I don't - NOT because I 'wash it too much' - because we have really soft well water, which makes your hair and skin greasy if you don't use the right products. :v

Every day or every 2 days. I usually do it almost everyday during the Summer because I sweat more and my hair usually feels uncomfortable after.

I shower every day, but I wash my hair every other day. I put on a shower cap if I'm not shampooing/conditioning. c:

I try for every other day but sometimes will do everyday. Any bit of "oiliness" in my hair makes me super conscious and it doesn't sit well with me. XD

i voted other. im a rebel hehe
Every time I take a shower. I don't keep track :p

Every other day. If it happens to get too greasy, I just use dry shampoo in between.

Every week. My hair gets all spongy and dry if I wash it too often, which is fine by me because I have too much hair and too little patience.

I also don't use conditioner because my hair will cling to it for dear life and requires way too much water to rinse it off. I started using some of that olive oil serum in the green bottle prior to blow drying and my hair loves it.

Every day. My hair gets greasy overnight, so I shower in the morning & wash my hair 365 days of the year.

Tbh I shampoo mine once a week. I shower daily but shampoo strips colour from your hair.. I have pink in my hair so I want it to last as long as possible c:

Well, I use shampoo on every other day. It only takes 1.5 days for my hair to become less dense and greasy, but I'd also like to not waste much of shampoo. I should be thankful that my haircut is short and that I use Head & Shoulders brand, so I won't have to buy another one until a month or so.

Normally every other day but I'll push it three days occasionally if I oversleep or am too lazy/not going anywhere important. Thank god for hats. #universitylife

I can't shower everyday or else my skin dries out too much. Not just my scalp. Hooray for eczema.

For those saying their hair gets greasy after a day, it'd be interesting to think about pushing time in between shampoos longer. Shampoo cleans your hair but it strips it of its natural oils. Your body in turn produces more to compensate. Hence getting greasy hair faster. The less times you wash the oil out of your hair with something stronger than just water, the less your body will want to compensate for that lost oil.

Last edited:
Tbh I shampoo mine once a week. I shower daily but shampoo strips colour from your hair.. I have pink in my hair so I want it to last as long as possible c:

It's not your shampoo, it's your water temp. They make color-tinted shampoos and conditioners for a reason :) (they have "color-safe" options as well, but not all of them are. Sulfates are the key problem.)

Anyhow. I dye mine red -- red molecules are the LARGEST so they strip out fast, so I totally understand your problem with pink. But pink is only semi-permanent so it's going to fade no matter what you do.

Wash it in cold water (preferably every 3 days, but more often obviously if your hair is the type to get oily/greasy fast) and you'll be fine.
Wash it in hot water and it "opens" the hair shafts (much like how hot water/steam opens your pores?) and that lets the color wash away.

Obviously cold showers suck, so just lean over your sink/bathtub to wash your hair in cold water if you really wanna preserve the color. It's your best bet. No need to sacrifice shampooing. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back