• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Eligible plotting spot?

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
[
WVW69kUKcy4y_drxRl

WVW69kUKhMsp03qz2e

Just when I think I've learned everything about plotting a villagers house, I run into a new problem. This spot (marked with cherries) seems perfectly eligible, but thus far no luck on the newcomer using it. I've patterned the entire town so the only other spot the house can be is where the animal being replaced is.

I've double checked the guidelines and everything. 2 spaces of buffer at the front, check, 2 spaces away from neighbour, check, at least one space from all other angles, check. This game is so infuriating when it comes to plotting. It's sometimes just impossible to know whether a spot isn't viable for no real reason (like dead spaces for plants), or whether you're just having terrible luck. It's taken me upwards of 100 resets to get some spots used, so it's hard to say anything definitively.

Not even sure why I'm posting... perhaps to make sure I'm not overthinking and missing something really obvious?

Back